• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Q1: Jesus' Legitimacy

Great Golden Baby

Hello - I'm new to the forum and in my first post I expressed how I'd like to obtain some answers to various questions that I have focusing mostly on Christianity (as I was raised a Catholic).

First off - If I asked how ice cream was made, I wouldn't accept the answer, "Just have faith" so please don't use that useless, uninformed remark here either. (I hope that isn't too abrasive).

----

Now, to the question at-hand... How do Christians explain the historical documentation that proves that Jesus Christ has an almost unbearable amount of copied similarities to the 'god' Horus which was LONG, LONG, LONG before Jesus?

As an explanation into what I mean (REMEMBER THESE ARE DOCUMENTED IN HISTORY, AND UNALTERED IN ANY WAY!);

Event/person Horus | Jesus
Conception Immaculate, virgin mother | Immaculate, virgin mother
Father Only beloved son of God | Only beloved son of God

Mother Meri | Miriam (Mary)

Worldly father Seb (Jo-seph) | Joseph

Place of birth Cave | Cave or a barn

Announcement of arrival Angel to mother Isis | Angel to mother Miriam

Birth accompanied by Sirius morning star | Unidentified `star in the East`

Date of birth December 25 | December 25

Witnesses of birth Shepherd | Shepherds

Later witnesses Three Solar divinities | Three wise men

Death threats Herut attempted murder | Herod attempted murder

Age of ritual 'initiation' 12 | 12

Age unfamiliar No info; 12-30 | No info; 12-30

Place of baptism River Eridanus | River Jordan

Age when baptised 30 | 30

Baptist Anup the Baptist | John the Baptist

Baptist's fate Beheaded | Beheaded

Temptation Taken by Sut (Set) | Taken by Satan

Result of temptation Horus resisted | Jesus resisted

Close followers 12 apostles | 12 apostles

MIRACLES BY HORUS Walked on water, purged demons, cured the sick, restored vision to the blind, raising the dead. Raised his father Osiris.
MIRACLES BY JESUS Walked on water, purged demons, cured the sick, restored vision to the blind, raising the dead. Raised Lazarus from the dead.

So - how do Catholic believers explain that Jesus has the exact same attributes / events / actions that occurred with Horus LONG before Jesus Christ was even though of?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Horus is the son of married godess Isis, he was conceived when Isis reconstructed Osiris's dead body and had relations with it. He was born in a swamp...

Very few, if any, Christians believe that Jesus was born on December 25th...

What connection is there from Seb to Joseph, not to mention Seb was Osiris's father? What solar divinities came to Horus's birth? And even if there were, no where does the Bible say there were three wise men, it does not give a number ;)

Who is Herut?

What initiation ritual did Horus go through at 12?

Horus was never baptised.

Horus wasn't tempted by Set, he had sex with him.

Horus has 4(Heru-Shemsu), 16 human, and an un-numbered amount of mesnui(blacksmiths)

Horus never walked on water, did not exorcise demons, and did not raise Osiris from the dead... He did do miracles, but what divine figure doesn't?

So - how do Catholic believers explain that Jesus has the exact same attributes / events / actions that occurred with Horus LONG before Jesus Christ was even though of?
By showing how they aren't true(Isis being a virgin for example), are misrepresentations(Set "tempting" Horus) or inconsequential(miracles)...