• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putting the errors to rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Paraprakrti said:
That was an example of how it is foolish to use activities of a superior being in justifying our activities. What I said was completely reasonable as well as effective to making my point. You really have nothing to do with it.

I actually do have something to do with it. I consider the majority of everyone here on the forums my friends and fellow travellers on a journey of understanding. You may see your posts as being effective in making your point. I don't know if others see them this way, but I see them as Draconian to the extent that anyone who might agree with you is driven away by the way you make your arguements. The only way in which they are effective is in driving people away. I see them as being mean comments to or about my friends. They do not further understanding because they are just plain mean.

Paraprakrti said:
I am not making threats, I am making points. I am sorry you can't see it.

I freely admit that I can be over-sensitive, so if those that these posts are being directed at aren't offended, I would not presume to say that I know what's best. I simply ask that you please never use this particular tactic with me.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
Apparently people aren't making the connection with how what I am saying is actually in context. Not only that, all I am really doing is placing people in the middle of their comparisons. In one instance someone was comparing people to a superior living entity (as per the Vedas); 'ok, you go imitate Lord Siva who drank an ocean of poison'. In this thread someone was comparing people to animals; 'ok, you can get sent to the slaughterhouse'...

God forbid I play into other's antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.