• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin Announces Assault

F1fan

Veteran Member
The Ukraine member of the the UN Security Council just asked the president of the Council to resign since he is Russian. The president refused insisting the actions against Ukraine is not a war, but a military action.

Yazata

Reports that airbases, air defense sites, and other military facilities in the outskirts of Kyiv and various other Ukrainian cities are being hit by ballistic and cruise missiles as we speak. So it looks like the war has begun. 7:55 PM PST/ 10:55 PM EST

F1fan

Veteran Member
What is a military action, but an act of War?
Exactly. The speech from the Russian member of the UN Security Council was preposterous. Totally laughable propaganda. I would have been embarrassed to say that in a group like that as no one believed him. I suspect these Russians completely justify their actions to themselves.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Had Trump won the election, I wonder what direction he would've steered the U.S. through this, especially considering he just publicly praised Putin's decision.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Russian President Vladimir Putin announces military assault against Ukraine in surprise speech

"President Putin has chosen a premeditated war that will bring a catastrophic loss of life and human suffering. Russia alone is responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring," President Joe Biden said in a statement. "The world will hold Russia accountable."

Welp, there goes the neighborhood.

Yeah, I just saw that in my newsfeed. This could get bad. Putin says he wants to demilitarize Ukraine and said that Ukrainian servicemen should lay down their arms and go home. Somehow, I doubt they're going to do that.

This could actually go badly for Russia. I don't know about the state of readiness of the Ukrainian military or whether they have a chance against the Russian military, although they might have enough to mount some sort of defense (Armed Forces of Ukraine - Wikipedia). They might be able to give the Russians a bloody nose or two. Historically, Russians have done well in defensive wars, but they do rather poorly when they're the aggressors.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Had Trump won the election, I wonder what direction he would've steered the U.S. through this, especially considering he just publicly praised Putin's decision.
I wondered today if this whole action is a tantrum by Putin because trump wasn't able to stay in power like he did. I don't see how any of this attack is smart or will have a good outcome. Putin is being trump-level stupid.

i heard that Zelenski is very popular in Russia and if he ends up dead or executed it could have a negative effect on Putin's support.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yeah, I just saw that in my newsfeed. This could get bad. Putin says he wants to demilitarize Ukraine and said that Ukrainian servicemen should lay down their arms and go home. Somehow, I doubt they're going to do that.

This could actually go badly for Russia. I don't know about the state of readiness of the Ukrainian military or whether they have a chance against the Russian military, although they might have enough to mount some sort of defense (Armed Forces of Ukraine - Wikipedia). They might be able to give the Russians a bloody nose or two. Historically, Russians have done well in defensive wars, but they do rather poorly when they're the aggressors.
A report said that up to 15% of the population will fight the invasion, and if true that is over 4 million against a Russian force of 200,000. This force is the bulk of the Russian army so they have little more to send in.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Putin is doing exactly what the US would do if the roles were reversed. If the alleged reports are actually true.

Of course Putin is giving the game ball to Biden if that's the case.

If Biden is smart he would announce its time to keep the troops home and not get involved in Ukraine like he did with Afghanistan.

Of course I now speculate the Democrats in charge are sheer hypocrites as they always are, and willy nilly send troops directly into the Ukraine conflict disregarding the stated reason why troops were pulled out of Afghanistan.

OK Biden baby. Do your stumbling now and create another fine mess for everyone.

I'll just make some popcorn and watch the leftest circus show opening with the clown act.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a tragic event that may well lead to preventable loss of innocent lives. I hope it can be contained before it gets much worse, although I'm not holding my breath.

Both Putin and Biden have a record of being disgraceful warmongers. Biden is acting like he didn't vote for a similarly heinous invasion years ago.

Biden's Record on Iraq War - FactCheck.org

It's disheartening and unfortunate to see that such two global powers so frequently abuse their power instead of employing it to foster peace.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

Reports that airbases, air defense sites, and other military facilities in the outskirts of Kyiv and various other Ukrainian cities are being hit by ballistic and cruise missiles as we speak. So it looks like the war has begun. 7:55 PM PST/ 10:55 PM EST

Thanks for reporting... I just threw up

I'll be ok..

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
This is the crazy stuff Putin said:

Putin says he 'wants to “demilitarise and de-Nazify” Ukraine'
More from Putin’s address:

• The Russian president says he wants to “demilitarise and de-Nazify” Ukraine Putin has also called on Ukrainian soldiers to put down their weapons and go home, according to Reuters, citing the Russian news agency Tass.
  • The Russian president adds that “in case of foreign interference, Russia will act immediately”.
  • Responsibility for bloodshed will be on the hands of the “Ukrainian regime”
  • Russia’s response “will be instant if anyone tries to take it on”
  • He tells Ukrainians that “your fathers and grandfathers did not fight so you could help ‘neo-Nazis’”
What a crazy rant of propaganda! I assume this for domestic consumption in Russia. Personally I believe the rest of the world should rise up against Russia and defend Ukraine even if it's by arms. It's apparent that the threatened sanctions were not enough.

This, later:

Russia's UN envoy justifies military action under article 51 of UN charter
Russia’s representative to the United Nations, Vasily Nebenzya, has justified Russia’s military operations under article 51 of the UN charter, which allows for “self-defence”.

Sounds like Germany attacking Poland 1939.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Putin is doing exactly what the US would do if the roles were reversed. If the alleged reports are actually true.
I'm not sure how you conclude this. Until the reports are that trump is really the president and is planning to invade Mexico.

Of course Putin is giving the game ball to Biden if that's the case.

If Biden is smart he would announce its time to keep the troops home and not get involved in Ukraine like he did with Afghanistan.
US troops aren't in Ukraine.

Of course I now speculate the Democrats in charge are sheer hypocrites as they always are, and willy nilly send troops directly into the Ukraine conflict disregarding the stated reason why troops were pulled out of Afghanistan.
More America bashing. At least we can see you've joined the Russians.

OK Biden baby. Do your stumbling now and create another fine mess for everyone.
More America bashing. It's good to know we cannot trust conservatives to be allied when our allies are invaded.

I'll just make some popcorn and watch the leftest circus show opening with the clown act.
Not going to go help the Russians invade a sovereign nation?

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is the crazy stuff Putin said:

Putin says he 'wants to “demilitarise and de-Nazify” Ukraine'
More from Putin’s address:

• The Russian president says he wants to “demilitarise and de-Nazify” Ukraine Putin has also called on Ukrainian soldiers to put down their weapons and go home, according to Reuters, citing the Russian news agency Tass.
  • The Russian president adds that “in case of foreign interference, Russia will act immediately”.
  • Responsibility for bloodshed will be on the hands of the “Ukrainian regime”
  • Russia’s response “will be instant if anyone tries to take it on”
  • He tells Ukrainians that “your fathers and grandfathers did not fight so you could help ‘neo-Nazis’”
What a crazy rant of propaganda! I assume this for domestic consumption in Russia. Personally I believe the rest of the world should rise up against Russia and defend Ukraine even if it's by arms. It's apparent that the threatened sanctions were not enough.
Just a preposterous list.

The Russian member at the UN Security Council has a similar message and the Ukraine member asked him to resign.

And Zelenski is half Jewish, yet he heads a Nazi government? So, I guess we can't trust Putin.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Biden should go to DEFCON 2, rush troops into the NATO countries around Russia, put every sanction on the books to Russia, put tactical nukes on the ground in Poland and other NATO countries surrounding Russia, give weapons to Ukraine but don't send US troops into Ukraine. And, oh yes, blow up Putin's ****ing gas line along with aiding Europe to get off of gas from Russia by every and all means.

And along with this label Trump and the appeasers on Fox as traitors starting an investigation to see if they're getting Russian money for their treason.

And oh yes, I would not mind if putin's yacht had an appointment with the bottom of the sea.