• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psalm 139:16

Cobol

Code Jockey
"God's plan" is the way that Christians traditionally explain things like amputations, cancer, hurricanes and car accidents. For example, if a Christian dies a painful and tragic death because of cancer, she dies as part of God's plan. Her death has a purpose. God called her home for a reason. Even if something bad happens to a Christian, it is actually good because it is part of God's plan.

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!"

• Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you. What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet. If the concept of "God's plan" is true, you can first of all see that God wants us to be aborting children. Every single abortion is planned by God, so God must be doing it for a reason. Second, you can see that both the mother who requests the abortion and the doctor who performs it are blameless. Since it is God who planned the abortion of the child, the mother and doctor are simply puppets who are fulfilling God's plan, are they not? What about all the Christians who are fighting against abortion? If abortion is part of God's plan, why are they fighting it? God is the all-powerful ruler of the universe, and his plan is for more than a million children a year to die in the United States through abortion. If God's plan is true, then each one of those abortions was meticulously planned by God.

God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes. He has a reason for everything he creates. Every plant and every animal was planned by God, and every person was designed with a purpose in mind.

Now let's imagine that you say a prayer in this sort of universe. What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train! If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Christians seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"God's plan" is the way that Christians traditionally explain things like amputations, cancer, hurricanes and car accidents. For example, if a Christian dies a painful and tragic death because of cancer, she dies as part of God's plan. Her death has a purpose. God called her home for a reason. Even if something bad happens to a Christian, it is actually good because it is part of God's plan.

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!"

• Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you. What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet. If the concept of "God's plan" is true, you can first of all see that God wants us to be aborting children. Every single abortion is planned by God, so God must be doing it for a reason. Second, you can see that both the mother who requests the abortion and the doctor who performs it are blameless. Since it is God who planned the abortion of the child, the mother and doctor are simply puppets who are fulfilling God's plan, are they not? What about all the Christians who are fighting against abortion? If abortion is part of God's plan, why are they fighting it? God is the all-powerful ruler of the universe, and his plan is for more than a million children a year to die in the United States through abortion. If God's plan is true, then each one of those abortions was meticulously planned by God.

God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes. He has a reason for everything he creates. Every plant and every animal was planned by God, and every person was designed with a purpose in mind.

Now let's imagine that you say a prayer in this sort of universe. What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train! If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Christians seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.

Yes it doesn't make sense that we are programmed by God's plan, we have our own plans as well.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Anyone who thinks "God" is just like us with plans, feelings, directions, etc., obviously has no concept of "God" whatsoever.

Anyone who thinks "God" is just like us with plans, feelings, directions, etc., obviously has no concept of "God" whatsoever.
Really? Seems to me everyone manufactures their own 'concept of god' based on many, often mutually exclusive and contradictory sources(and that's just the Bible!).

You seem to be saying there is one, correct 'concept of god'. I for one am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of you sharing this great Revelation.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Really? Seems to me everyone manufactures their own 'concept of god' based on many, often mutually exclusive and contradictory sources(and that's just the Bible!).

You seem to be saying there is one, correct 'concept of god'. I for one am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of you sharing this great Revelation.

Any time you place human attributes on an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present deity then you have simply created a celestial super hero to explain and rationalize day-to-day occurrences that transcend your real-world perceptions. A true deity would have absolutely no need for any of our pitiful definitions. That's my story and I'm sticking with. On the other hand we all have to find our own truth, and I encourage that.

Any time you place human attributes on an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present deity then you have simply created a celestial super hero to explain and rationalize day-to-day occurrences that transcend your real-world perceptions. A true deity would have absolutely no need for any of our pitiful definitions. That's my story and I'm sticking with. On the other hand we all have to find our own truth, and I encourage that.
How do you know what a 'true' deity' would need? We have exactly 0 examples of a deity to measure by.

God is made in our image simply because that is the most appealing template;And as any first year marketing student knows, that which is appealing, sells.

It's no surprise that the most popular religious brands tout a man-like god right?