• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protelyzing?

wednesday

Jesus
^ Yeh, i've technically finished year 12 but we did a topic in english about Hitler and on the Apartheid, both involved reading boring and pointless books.

gnostic

The Lost One
I have only taken computer classes in recent years. None of the lecturers, teachers and tutors wasted their time discussing religions or politics, because it would be totally unrelated. I had finished my bachelor 2 years before Bush came to power, so this was all before Bush, 9/11, wars in the M.E., etc. There was no anti-Christian comments....as for Bush....well, that doesn't change what I think that Bush junior is, a warmongering dumb-a$$ now as he was before 9/11.

Perhaps I was in the wrong classrooms.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
No, anti-Christian/anti-religious/pro-left propaganda should not be allowed in public schools.

I toally disagree. here in Australia we have discussions about Nazi Ideals and benefits of apartheid. I'd like to see someone sue my teacher or me because i found a flaw in their religious stance. Public schools accept the "public" not the Catholic only or Christian only views. If they don't like it, they need to leave and go to a religious school where their views are not challenged and they can dance around in a circle praising God. I find this article sad and feel sorry for this teacher. To me Corbett is a teacher who should be praised for giving children a chance to think as individuals rather than making them stand in line.

To people who find this lawsuit justified, come to my school, i think you'll find that thinking outside the square and challenging common beliefs is crucial to a developing society.
errr... Fluffy said propaganda, not discussions and debates.

wednesday

Jesus
errr... Fluffy said propaganda, not discussions and debates.

Similiar thing, you're allowed to spread a common religious message but when you challenge common ideals you'll always come under scrutiny from the masses.

Also, i thought in America you had the freedom to say whatever you want regardless of which religious organisation it offends?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Similiar thing, you're allowed to spread a common religious message but when you challenge common ideals you'll always come under scrutiny from the masses.
sorry, i really should have elaborated. Fluffy said anti-whatever propaganda has no place in school, and you said you disagree because in your school, you have discussions and debates on such topics. in England we have debates and discussions on these topics, but propaganda has no place - the difference between propaganda and a discussion or debate should be clear enough.

Also, i thought in America you had the freedom to say whatever you want regardless of which religious organisation it offends?
in England we don't have freedom of speech, though the liberty to speak is certainly not curtailed to protect the feelings of the religious.

wednesday

Jesus
sorry, i really should have elaborated. Fluffy said anti-whatever propaganda has no place in school, and you said you disagree because in your school, you have discussions and debates on such topics. in England we have debates and discussions on these topics, but propaganda has no place - the difference between propaganda and a discussion or debate should be clear enough.

in England we don't have freedom of speech, though the liberty to speak is certainly not curtailed to protect the feelings of the religious.

Each to their own i guess. I feel that discussions are healthy and allow you to think outside the square. I read fluffy's post wrong, i apologise, and yes i agree, propoganda has no place in schools although avoiding it is difficult where i live.

Freedom of speech i believe is a necessity, i speak my mind very often and would feel suffocated in a society where my opinion could get me in trouble because someone else was offended by it. However, considering my upbringing i guess i'm not used to it, you would be by now if you have ived in England your whole life.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Each to their own i guess. I feel that discussions are healthy and allow you to think outside the square. I read fluffy's post wrong, i apologise, and yes i agree, propoganda has no place in schools although avoiding it is difficult where i live.
i agree wholeheartedly :)

Freedom of speech i believe is a necessity, i speak my mind very often and would feel suffocated in a society where my opinion could get me in trouble because someone else was offended by it. However, considering my upbringing i guess i'm not used to it, you would be by now if you have ived in England your whole life.

i think our speech is free enough in for people to speak their mind. we have laws against people advocating crime and violence towards other people on the bases of race, religion, sexuality, which is something i fully support.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

For the most part yes, because this would be freedom of speech. But people will all was find a way to get you in trouble for saying it if they don't like it.