• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protection spells?????

Purple Thyme

Hey do any of you do protection spells? I have an energy thing I do where I imagine layers of light (kinda shaped like an egg) around me when I'm around really negative people. Lately I been hit with alot of negativity and just was wondering what others do? I also do things with herbs and crystals. So tell me please.)(

Mike182

Flaming Queer
for me, it depends upon two factors.

1) situation

2) my mood

some situations don't call for anything, and some call for simpley protecting my mind from the negative thoughts and moods of others.

sometimes i'm in the mood to sit and invoke Hecate, do something with herbs or a talisman etc, and sometimes i simply walk my anger down to the gym :fight:

but typically i concentrate/meditate to channel the negativity into something useful, instead of carrying dead energy around with me

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've done plenty, mainly because thier is a psychic vampire/predator somewhere around where I live.

Anymore I just put some form of protection essential oil on my Runemaster Sword amulet, chant and charge it, and go on.

Before that, I would burn sage inscence, surround myself with a silvery Nocturnal energy, "bath" my aura in it, and then send the energy out throughout my house to cleanse it. And I called out to the spirits for a spirit protector, and I got one.

In Reiki, I was taught a way to "zip up" your energy field, and this method is also common amoung Shamans. Start by standing up, then let go of all negativity, and cleanse your aura. Then channel whatever energy force you feel more secure with, and move your arms down as far as you can, fingers stretched out, palms down, and then move your palms together, move your hands up, above your head, then back down, streching them out away from your body. Let your hands channel the energy, and after about 10 times, you'll start to feel the energy starting to form a barrier around you.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Psychic vampires ... I seem to attrack them . :(

I was going to say something along the lines of " the body is a vassel , that can be emptied and refilled with whatever energy one wants ", but that would be pretty much repeating what you said Shadow Wolf . :) The thing is that the body will refill it's self and one has to be concsious of the energy that is entering . I find the Wind very good for this . Plants and animals can be very good too . Or even the Earth .

Draka

Wonder Woman
I tend to prefer candles in my rituals and spellwork. I do a regular cleansing of negativity on New Moons. The New Moon is a perfect time for sending things away from you. First, I use a pure black lunar candle (you should be able to find one at a New Age/Wicca shop) to absorb any negativity in my immediate presence (this you can do at any time you feel negativity). Then, perform a banishing ritual. Here's a description of what I use from my BOS:

Banishings

Take dagger and face Eastern quarter candle and hold dagger in assertive/threatening way and say:

“All negatives that are sent against me or that dwell within my own mind, I order you to depart and never return

Face each quarter in the same manner and recite:
South:
“All negatives that disrupt my spiritual path, whatever their origin or purpose, I order you to depart and never return

West:
“All negatives that influence my emotions, whether from my own misguided desires, or the influences of others who wish me ill, I order you to depart and never return

North:
“All negatives that have taken root in my body, whether from the will of others or my own faults, I order you to depart and never return

Purple Thyme

Thanks everyone. I think I'll try some of it. I have known someone who was psychic vampire. My energy would just drain when around her and at times I could actually feel energy leaving me. Just lately I find it so hard to stay on a positive track and not be dragged down by negative people.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I wish you the best Purple Thyme . Say , perhaps Thyme could be of use to you ? Not sure which would be best , or if it really much matters , but it is a purifing herb , and is associated with relationships ... :) Just a thought .

Ok , had to check it out , and this is what one site says ...

Thyme is the essences for "right" relationships. This refers not only to relationships with others but with the environment and with the self as well. It helps us to reflect on our appropriate motivations. It has proven to be extremely supportive to those who are seeking transformation in this area of their lives. Essential to this transformation, Thyme essence helps us to recognize our core negative beliefs, clearing thoughts of doubt and fear.

As you chose it as your sig , I assume that Thyme has a special importance to you , and if nothing else , it could help to keep you grounded around negative people ? { If you don't already wear it in some form .... } :)

Purple Thyme

Thyme is my favorite and I have a sprig of it on my desk at work along with a beautiful rose quartz that a co-worker gave me. I often use these at work when I need to de-stress. The smell of Thyme has a calming effect on me.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Purple Thyme said:
Hey do any of you do protection spells? I have an energy thing I do where I imagine layers of light (kinda shaped like an egg) around me when I'm around really negative people. Lately I been hit with alot of negativity and just was wondering what others do? I also do things with herbs and crystals. So tell me please.)(

Not that I seem to feel the need for it nowdays, but when I was 'actively involved' with psychic matters, I would use very much the same method as you have described; I would also say a prayer for protection.

I guess now, if I should feel the need, it would just be a prayer. Actually, there probably will be a need, since I am interested in Astral projection; I am not too keen on leaving this ugly hunk of flesh lying around for some squatter to make his physical home.:D

Purple Thyme

I learned a good lesson this past few weeks the best protection against negative people is positive actions. I made it a point to stay positive at work no matter what was said or done to me and it worked. I felt better about my job and my negative coworkers started to leave me alone realising I wasn't gonna play into their games. :yes: Also I kept my thyme at my desk and kept remembering to be positive.:D </IMG></IMG>

Purple Thyme

since I am interested in Astral projection; I am not too keen on leaving this ugly hunk of flesh lying around for some squatter to make his physical home.:DToday 10:31 AM
Hey I'm real interested in astral projection, tried it years ago but I got scared. Hey there must be threads out there, must go look.....

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Purple Thyme said:
I learned a good lesson this past few weeks the best protection against negative people is positive actions. I made it a point to stay positive at work no matter what was said or done to me and it worked. I felt better about my job and my negative coworkers started to leave me alone realising I wasn't gonna play into their games. :yes: Also I kept my thyme at my desk and kept remembering to be positive.:D </IMG></IMG>

:) A fireproof suit ain't goin' help much if you drink gasoline ..... ;)

I am glad that you are feeling better . I know that it can be hard not to get caught up in the games at work .

ladyhawke

sorry if i'm butting in here folks,its just struck me as weird that this thread hit me in the eye when i logged on,several years ago i was very much into everything your talking about here,then i got with a guy who is now my ex for reasons i've stated before on the forum,and i've very much felt over the years that my karma has been messed with and i just dont seem to get the good stuff back,negativity is all around me,and in me,i try so hard to be positive and yet it seems it wont leave,i belive i even had a guardian angel,but my ex was so freaked by it i stopped communicating with him and now find it impossible to get back what i had regards the spirtual goodness that was so much a part of my life and me.I have crystals locked away in drawers that i used to carry with me everywhere...Purple Thyme thanks for putting up the thread and thank you to everyone who posted,i think you may have just unlocked something i had buried away and can now feel free to explore again.

Kaz x