• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy: Fact or Fiction?

MJ Bailey

There have been several incidents in which prophetical annunciations have come true. Nostradamus, Bibi, The sleeping prophet as well as the Judaic form or numerically using the Bible to find prophetical things. Sometimes things do not occur withing the prophesized time but the incidents predicted remain the same. If you believe that prophecies are true, do you think they are there so we can change the outcome or just a warning to tell us to prepare. If you do not believe in prophecy, why?

MJ Bailey

OMG LOL. Knowledge of an occurrence in which you know at some time will happen is not prophetical it is fact. As far as turmoil and disease unless you are in a different time existence outside of current, these things are happening, and have been for some time. Saying if things are going to get better or saying they are going to get worse is not prophetical, it is fact. Describing a particular occurrence or incident is prophetical if stated before the incident or occurrence becomes fact.

MJ Bailey

One particular incident comes to mind i which had more than one prediction of occurrence is the twin towers of 9-11. it was prophesied by Nostradamus as well as with the Bible by a numerical style of prophecy used in a Judaic study. There may have been others, but this is one that comes to my mind. As well as WW2.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
One particular incident comes to mind i which had more than one prediction of occurrence is the twin towers of 9-11. it was prophesied by Nostradamus as well as with the Bible by a numerical style of prophecy used in a Judaic study. There may have been others, but this is one that comes to my mind. As well as WW2.
So you say. Now, defend the claim. Cite clear and unambiguous sources.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I take it Jawhawker Soule you did not look at the website I posted. Argue with the facts.
Actually I did.

As for facts, the only fact worth mentioning at this point is that I'm adding you to my ignore list.
Have a pleasant day, and good luck with the chickens ...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If you do not believe in prophecy, why?
We have a simple saying in India about future - "Devāh na janāti, kutah manushyāh?" (Even Gods do not know, so what to talk of men?)
Prophecy is either a wild guess or a threat.

Jaywalker Soule said: "It's a joke -- right up there with reading chicken entrails. More importantly, calling it "possible relevant science" is pathetic."
You have your science, they have theirs'.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
There have been several incidents in which prophetical annunciations have come true. Nostradamus, Bibi, The sleeping prophet as well as the Judaic form or numerically using the Bible to find prophetical things. Sometimes things do not occur withing the prophesized time but the incidents predicted remain the same. If you believe that prophecies are true, do you think they are there so we can change the outcome or just a warning to tell us to prepare. If you do not believe in prophecy, why?
I occasionally win on the horse, ie I prophecy which horse will win.

MJ Bailey

If you look at the website I posted, this is what brought me to question if there could be a scientific view to prophecy. One thing that seems to remain true however is incidents in which have already occurred are not even sought until after the fact. The only way I could see a variance is if a particular "prophecy" is foretold as in its definition. I don't believe in the practices of throwing bones and drawing runes however Bible code did raise a question in me of the subject.

MJ Bailey

People win lotteries and bet on right things all the time. Knowing that this will in fact occur before placing a bet is prophetic. Guessing is not. If every person that gambled and won did it every time I would guess there would be a heck of a lot less people gambling because the same people would always win.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Everything in this world is governed by chance.
The very particles and quantum fields that make us up, rely on chance.

Prophecy is the suspension of chance, which is impossible.

MJ Bailey

Everything in this world is governed by chance.
The very particles and quantum fields that make us up, rely on chance.

Prophecy is the suspension of chance, which is impossible.
Such as subatomic particles. There has been a release of information on time travel in which using the entanglement theory a past outcome can be changed 25% of the time. There have been theoretical speculations in which time is seen as a constant therefore allowing the manipulation of it. If this is ever proven to be true then prophecy could become factual.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Such as subatomic particles. There has been a release of information on time travel in which using the entanglement theory a past outcome can be changed 25% of the time. There have been theoretical speculations in which time is seen as a constant therefore allowing the manipulation of it. If this is ever proven to be true then prophecy could become factual.
That is a big IF.
However changing outcomes is hardly prophecy.