• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Conversion

9harmony

I thought you might like to follow along as well.

This is an endeavor by Andrew Bowen...he is immersing himself in one religion per month this year. January was Hinduism. February is Baha'i.

Project Conversion

Enjoy!

Boethiah

Penguin
This is very interesting. By the looks of his writing, he is really going all out with this, which is incredibly admirable.

Jordan St. Francis

Sounds like the perfect research necessary for making a calendar dotted with monthly inter-faith inspirational quotes that a middle-aged yoga mom can pin to her fridge after coughing up 12.99 at Indigo.

I have to correct people now: "Baha'i Faith" would be the noun, such as 'Hinduism' or 'Christianity'

Adjective or a follower is: "Baha'i."

Cool project... sounds like a seeker. :D

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Andrew attended Shabbat service at our Conservative synagogue this morning.
Had a really good conversation with him afterwards.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I like that he mentions that Hinduism is one of the oldest and most misunderstood religions in existence. It's something that is very frustrating to deal with, as a Hindu, when people are constantly making wrong assumptions about you and your beliefs.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Andrew attended Shabbat service at our Conservative synagogue this morning.
Had a really good conversation with him afterwards.

That's awesome. You should invite him to come here! His insight would be a great contribution to the forum.

SLAMH

Good idea. I'd like to do something like this but not to convert. However to learn and to investigate as many religions as I can, there is too much which can be learnt from each religion.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Good idea. I'd like to do something like this but not to convert. However to learn and to investigate as many religions as I can, there is too much which can be learnt from each religion.

That's what he is doing.

He doesn't actually convert, but he fully immerses himself in each religion. For that month he lives as a full member of that religion. I know this month, for example, he is keeping the dietary laws and keeping Shabbat as best he can.

SLAMH

That's what he is doing.

He doesn't actually convert, but he fully immerses himself in each religion. For that month he lives as a full member of that religion. I know this month, for example, he is keeping the dietary laws and keeping Shabbat as best he can.

aha, I thought he is converting :D. thanks for explaining.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
This month is Judaism. I think he will like it.

Andrew is a cool guy, and he juggles this project, his family, his work, and I believe school pretty well. I know I would have burned out long ago. lol