• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prohibition.

DarkSun

:eltiT
First of all, a hangover does not happen every time and not to all people..:p
In fact, I never really had many hangovers..

Second, with this in your mind, when you go skating, there is a great chance you'll end up with bruises and wounds.
What I am trying to say, as long as the fun overrules the pain...

I know some people do have them "I'll never drink again" moments, but never did I have the feeling that my hangover was so bad, I could never drink again. It was always worth it..
Now back to you, do you have anything worth being sick the next day? :rolleyes:

I don't think anything is worth being sick the next day and disgracing the human race the night before. That might just be me, though. :eek:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I don't think anything is worth being sick the next day and disgracing the human race the night before. That might just be me, though. :eek:

I am not one to dance on the streets when drunk. There really is no disgrace in being drunk if most/all people are in the same state.

And I'd rather not be sick because of it, but it's still worth it. With that in mind, I can name loads of things that would be worth it. A night with great fun would be one..
And ofcourse you can have great fun without alcohol. It's a different kind of fun.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I was referring to the twenty-year-olds who claim that anything in moderation is okay after their eighth beer on a Friday night, along with the forty-five year olds who do the same.
You were? Because it seems like you're referring to alcohol consumption generally.

In my experience alcohol is never a wholly good thing and it's completely pointless, because you can have fun without it.
You can have fun without baseball and it's the root cause of countless injuries.

To me, it just seems that alcohol consumption is part of a destructive mindset that just has to change. There is no logical reason to drink it.
Then don't. Problem solved. :D

UnTheist

DarkSun said:
In my experience alcohol is never a wholly good thing and it's completely pointless, because you can have fun without it.
You can have fun without televisions and boardgames, as well. Off to the garbage with them!

And also what Mr. Penguin said.
DarkSun said:
To me, it just seems that alcohol consumption is part of a destructive mindset that just has to change.
But the fact is that you're wrong.

P1: Alcohol is part of a destructive mindset
P2: There are people who drink alcohol non-destructively.

P1 has just been disproven.
DarkSun said:
There is no logical reason to drink it.
Yes there is: the person enjoys drinking alcohol.

DarkSun

You can have fun without televisions and boardgames, as well. Off to the garbage with them!

:eek: You're right! I could ruin my vision by watching TV! I could get a paper cut playing board games! Oh. My. Gosh. :yes:

And also what Mr. Penguin said.

But the fact is that you're wrong.

P1 has just been disproven.

No, no, you left out a bit. See:

P1: But people wouldn't drink destructively or non-destructively if there was no drinking at all. Isn't that worth it?

P2: The same could be applied to religion. If no one were allowed to follow religion then no one would be able to abuse it.

P1: But people can't control what they believe. Even atheism is a belief-system in that it's a part of how a lot of people perceive the world. However, people can control whether they drink or not. So the analogy fails.
P2 has been disproven.

Yes there is: the person enjoys drinking alcohol.

Could you please, pretty please, explain why people enjoy drinking? Thank you.

:angel2:

Last edited:

DarkSun

We got over this Darksun. You drink, you feel nice, next morning you do not.
Then you make decision if it's worth it. It really cannot be simpler..

M'kay. So you hurt yourself, and that can justified depending on how much fun you had doing so...? I don't mean so sound offensive or anything, but that sounds absolutely barbaric.