• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profession of faith.....

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.
To Protect Life
Loving God, I thank you for the gift of life you gave and continue to give to me and to all of us.
Merciful God, I ask your pardon and forgiveness for my own failure and the failure of all people to respect and foster all forms of life in our universe.

Gracious God, I pray that with your grace, I and all people will reverence, protect, and promote all life and that we will be especially sensitive to the life of the unborn, the abused, neglected, disabled, and the elderly. I pray, too, that all who make decisions about life in any form will do so with wisdom, love, and courage.

Living God, I praise and glorify you as Father, Source of all life, as Son, Savior of our lives, and as Spirit, Sanctifier of our lives.

Amen. :)

Sister Mary Margaret Johanning, S.S.N.D.
Nihil Obstat: Joseph F. Martino Imprimatur: Anthony Cardinal Bevilacqua Archbishop of Philadelphia, June 1994

Melody

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour.

I believe He is God made man and sacrificed Himself for my sins. I believe that my faith and salvation are only through God's mercy and grace. May I ever be worthy of His love.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine :)

Melody

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour!

"Blessed be the Lord God Almighty, who Was and Is and Is to come!
Blessed be the Lord God Almighty, who reigns forever more.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust; I look to thee for strength, for inspiration,
I feel lost, and weak; I need the strength to stand again,​
I am a sinner, though I strive to be with thee​
I try so hard to be thy servant, and yet I fail;​
Please help me God, in this, my hour of need.​
Fill me with the strength to fight another day,​
To see thy light and to follow it without a falter​
never to doubt the path which leads to thee,​
even if it be strew with traps for me to fall;​
and when I fall, give me the strength to help me up,​
that I may once more do thy bidding​
To show to others by example​
How great it is to know thy Love.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

Incomprehensible Creator, the true Fountain of light and only Author of all knowledge: deign, we beseech Thee, to enlighten our understanding, and to remove from us all darkness of sin and ignorance. Thou, who makest eloquent the tongues of those who lack utterance, direct our tongues, and pour on our lips the grace of thy blessing. Give us a diligent and obedient spirit, quickness of apprehension, capacity of retaining, and the powerful assistance of Thy holy grace; that what we hear or learn we may apply to Thy honor and the eternal salvation of our own souls. Amen.:)

fromthe heart

Jesus Is my Lord and Savior....In whom I will walk all of my days, during trials I will view these trials like God is polishing me as a rough cut diamond...the more God polishes me the brighter I WILL shine....I will be thankful for these trials because We will never be given more than we are able to bear....I'm a work of art in the Lord...my mistakes I will beg forgiveness of and my triumphs I will credit to the Lord. In all that I go through in life I will PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME...good AND bad. (Thank you MY Lord for my salvation and the guidence from you given to me each and every day.:shout AMEN)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I knew I was missing something today.

Terry

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

[font=&quot]Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace,[/font]

[font=&quot]where there is hatred, let me sow love;[/font]

[font=&quot]where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; [/font]

[font=&quot]where there is despair, hope; [/font]

[font=&quot]where there is darkness, light;[/font]

[font=&quot]and where there is sadness, joy.[/font]

[font=&quot] [/font]

[font=&quot]O Divine Master, grant that[/font]

[font=&quot]I may not so much seek[/font]

[font=&quot]to be consoled as to console;[/font]

[font=&quot]to be understood as to understand;[/font]

[font=&quot]to be loved, as to love;[/font]

[font=&quot]for it is in giving that we receive,[/font]

[font=&quot]it is in pardoning that we[/font]

[font=&quot]are pardoned, and it is in dying[/font]

[font=&quot]that we are born to eternal life.
[/font]

Terry

Blessed are those who bring peace, they shall be children of God

[font=&quot][/font]

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

O my God, I love you above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because you are all good and worthy of all my love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of you. I forgive all who have injured me and I ask pardon of all whom I have injured.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
O GOD, who for the world's redemption was pleased to be born... rejected by the Jews, betrayed by the kiss of the traitor Judas, bound with chains, led like an innocent lamb to sacrifice, and shamefully presented before Annas, Caiphas, Pilate, and Herod, accused by false Witnesses, beaten with Whips, buffeted, insulted, spit upon, crowned with thorns, smitten with a reed, blindfolded, stripped of Thy garments, fastened with nails to the cross, and lifted up on high, reputed among thieves, and made to drink gall and vinegar, and Wounded by a lance; oh, by these most sacred sufferings, which, unworthy as I am, I thus commemorate, and by Thy holy cross and death, deliver me, Lord, from the pains of hell, and deign to lead me where Thou did lead the penitent thief, who was crucified by Thy side; Thou who, with the Father and the Holy Ghost, lives and reigns world without end. Amen.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. Prayer for Greater Love of Jesus

MY Jesus, You know well that I love Thee; but I do not love Thee enough; O grant that I may love Thee more. O love that burns ever and never fails, my God, Thou Who art charity itself, enkindle in my heart that divine fire which consumes the saints and transforms them into Thee. Amen.

[size=-1](His Holiness, Leo XIII, by a rescript of the Sacred Congregation of Indulgences, Feb. 6, 1893, granted an indulgence to the faithful who recite the above prayer twice a day.):) [/size]