• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Private Poll - What Jungian Personality Type Are You?

Which Jungian (MBTI) Personality Type are You?

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ISTJ

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • ESTP

• ESFP

• ISTP

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • ISFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • ENTP

• INTJ

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

DarkSun

:eltiT
INSTRUCTIONS:
(Please read)

1. If you don't know your personality type, here is a reliable quiz through which you can find out: MyPersonality.info - Please Log In

2. If you are familiar with the MBTI personality type system created by Jung, and know about the different types, but are unsure which one best suits you, select the option(s) which apply. However, if unsure, then pick a maximum of two options. Please do not pick any more than two.

3. This voluntary poll is private. Only I will be able to see the results. If you feel like sharing your results, then that is up to you, but I will disclose nothing.

Example:

I'm not sure whether I'm an INFJ or an INTJ. My thinking and feeling traits are pretty much equal. So I would select "INFJ" and "INTJ". However, if I were unsure about my N or S traits, then I would not pick a total of four options. I would pick the two which most directly relate.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I was just browsing through the "uncovered" types on the Socionics web site and I swear I just found my wife's type.

ESTp uncovered

A female ESTp comes home...

- Hey, darling, I'm home!
- Cool!
- Don't you want to come and give me a kiss?
- Yeah, in a minute!
- Is something wrong?
- No, nothing's wrong!
- Are you not happy to see me?
- Of course I am happy to see you!
- So why don't you want to come then?
- I do, let me just finish something first!
- Is it more important to you than me?
- Oh, please, don't start!
- You don't love me, I know!
- Of course I do, don't be silly!
- If you loved me, you wouldn't do this to me!
- Do what?
- This!
- Just because I can't drop everything right this second, I don't love you?
- Not this!
- Then what?
- You don't want me anymore!
- What? Where does this come from?
- You should know better!
- Give me at least a hint!
- See? Now you are mad at me too! You hate me!
- I am not mad at you and I don't hate you! Now stop it!
- And you don't love me either!
- I love you, I love you, I love you! How many more times I have to say this?
- You don't mean it!
- I love you and I mean it! Now stop this nonsense, I have had enough of it!
- Maybe you have had enough of me too?
- Maybe...

Female ESTp breaks down in tears...
She proceeded to slap me repeatedly when I had her read it.
:run:

Mr Cheese

I'm an INFP

less than 1% of all homosapiens

:flirt:

The Idealist

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves
INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.
Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.
INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them.
INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".
When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.
INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.
INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.
INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic. INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs.

Portrait of an INFP

Mr Cheese

ENFP rings a bell, but don't have time to do the quiz now and can't remember what that means.

The Inspirer

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.
ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.
ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.
An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.
Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.
Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.
An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative - and very good it. The gift of gab which they are blessed with makes it naturally easy for them to get what they want. Most ENFPs will not abuse their abilities, because that would not jive with their value systems.
ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.
ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences.
Having an ENFP parent can be a fun-filled experience, but may be stressful at times for children with strong Sensing or Judging tendancies. Such children may see the ENFP parent as inconsistent and difficult to understand, as the children are pulled along in the whirlwind life of the ENFP. Sometimes the ENFP will want to be their child's best friend, and at other times they will play the parental authoritarian. But ENFPs are always consistent in their value systems, which they will impress on their children above all else, along with a basic joy of living.
ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.
Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves. ENFPs are charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum. They have many gifts which they will use to fulfill themselves and those near them, if they are able to remain centered and master the ability of following through.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

DarkSun

:eltiT
I was just browsing through the "uncovered" types on the Socionics web site and I swear I just found my wife's type.

She proceeded to slap me repeatedly when I had her read it.
:run:

Bahahahaha! :D

I found that guy's responses more amusing, actually. :p

MissAlice

INTP - The "Engineer"

INTPs are logical, individualistic, reserved, and very curious individuals. They focus on ideas, theories and the explanation of how things work. They are especially adept at discussions and debate. They have the ability to focus intently on a subject. They appreciate and respect intelligence in others.

Morse

To Extinguish
I've taken the test multiple times. I've received INTP every time except for once, I received INTJ once.

Which is ironic because it says INTPs are good at debating :)

Morse

To Extinguish
Yeah I'm not a good debater....:no:

Look on the bright side, we have Meryl Streep, Abe Lincoln, and Charles Darwin with us. Biologists should worship us.

EDIT: I find it amusing that most of the people have chosen INTP thus far, and the site claims its 2.5% of the population.

Commoner

Headache
Look on the bright side, we have Meryl Streep, Abe Lincoln, and Charles Darwin with us. Biologists should worship us.

EDIT: I find it amusing that most of the people have chosen INTP thus far, and the site claims its 2.5% of the population.

Well yeah, but I'm sure forum going, religion debating chaps like us are not a representative sample of the general population.