• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Primate to human?

King Phenomenon

Well, no - that's not accurate at all.

You stated that you have had no intention of understanding evolutionary theory. That is willful ignorance.

It has nothing to do with religion or persecution or anything other than your resistance to this realm of science.
I already told you I was educated in it enough

Koldo

Outstanding Member

tenor.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess he just made it that way

Okay, so if that's how God made it, is there anything wrong with mere mortal scientists studying the processes and seeing how it's done? They may or may not believe in God, but that aside, they're just observing the process of evolution and life in general. There are many scientists who believe in God and also accept evolutionary science. There's no automatic conflict between the two.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I guess we could talk about the extent to which Punctuated Equilibria is relevant for the last 2 million years of human evolution.

Or discuss the evidence for Homo erectus having the anatomical structures for the spoken word.

Or the question of whether some Neanderthal sites are actually burial sites or not.

Ngl, that sounds kind of fascinating. Though I fear my lack of education in such matters would render me unable to do anything other than watch from the sidelines lol

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well some might touch base on a couple of parts of that and as others have stated here to get a little creative or whatever but so far it's just been insults on me pretty much but it's all good. I respect people who believe evolution occurred but obviously if you say you don't buy it you're not excepted here. Oh well I tried
That’s like complaining that you don’t believe the Earth is round and getting flack for it. I mean yeah, people don’t tend to respect people who blatantly ignore science.

King Phenomenon

Okay, so if that's how God made it, is there anything wrong with mere mortal scientists studying the processes and seeing how it's done? They may or may not believe in God, but that aside, they're just observing the process of evolution and life in general. There are many scientists who believe in God and also accept evolutionary science. There's no automatic conflict between the two.
Totally agee

King Phenomenon

That’s like complaining that you don’t believe the Earth is round and getting flack for it. I mean yeah, people don’t tend to respect people who blatantly ignore science.
It's a little different than a round earth. That's too bad. I think people should except people Who reject evolution. Perhaps There wouldn't be in so much turmoil. I accept people who Believe evolution happened

King Phenomenon

Actually, we *are* primates. And, for that matter, we *are* great apes. We also evolved from some other great apes, which were also primates.

Yes, we have skulls. We also have tools, remains of fire pits, footprints, etc. We have skulls showing smooth transitions from Australopithecines to modern humans. So, yes, we evolved from other great apes over the last couple of million years.
Well then I don't believe we've changed into a different form of primates or whatever you wanna call it

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well then I don't believe that we changed into a different sort of primate or whatever you wanna call it
Another perfect example of how you were not "educated," as you claim. Nobody, and nothing, "changed into" anything. Everything that lived, lived and died the same creature that it was.

Until you can explain what I just wrote, the rest of us know that you are just entirely ignorant about what evolution means. And that's okay. You're allowed to be ignorant. Learning takes work, and not everybody wants to make the effort.

But until you try, everyone here has the perfect right to ignore you completely on this topic, because you are speaking from a place of complete ignorance. l