• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Primate to human?

Mitty

I've always believed God created humans and that we didn't evolve from primates.
So why did the creator god make the same mistake by giving chimps and humans the same dysfunctional gene for Vitamin C synthesis, and was the god just having an off day, given that other animals have a functional gene?

Or did chimps and humans inherit the dysfunctional gene from a common ancestor, along with over 97% of their DNA?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought people would've talked about different ideas here. I guess this was a fail

Well, those who honor biological evolution generally can't resist the desire to proselytize that perspective at every opportunity. I'm sure many will balk at my choice of words there, but that often is what it amounts to.

Though I'm a life scientist myself, I really have no problem with different people and cultures telling different narratives about human origins. Science literacy is important and all, but if you aren't specifically working in a profession where that will be a problem (or trying to undermine sciences), it just doesn't much matter. It just doesn't come up enough to be relevant. I'd rather folks have a better understanding of, say, why it is important to get the right amount of sleep every day. That has huge impacts on our day-to-day lives and the lives of everyone around us. :D

King Phenomenon

So why did the creator god make the same mistake by giving chimps and humans the same dysfunctional gene for Vitamin C synthesis, and was the god just having an off day, given that other animals have a functional gene?

Or did chimps and humans inherit the dysfunctional gene from a common ancestor, along with over 97% of their DNA?
I'm sure u have the answers

Mitty

Yes I've studied both
Perhaps you can explain why the creator god created seven distinct bio-geographical zones, and why kangaroos and sloths are not native to the middle east as hypothesized from the story about most of Noah's family being drowned in a 15 cubit-high flood.

King Phenomenon

Well, those who honor biological evolution generally can't resist the desire to proselytize that perspective at every opportunity. I'm sure many will balk at my choice of words there, but that often is what it amounts to.

Though I'm a life scientist myself, I really have no problem with different people and cultures telling different narratives about human origins. Science literacy is important and all, but if you aren't specifically working in a profession where that will be a problem (or trying to undermine sciences), it just doesn't much matter. It just doesn't come up enough to be relevant. I'd rather folks have a better understanding of, say, why it is important to get the right amount of sleep every day. That has huge impacts on our day-to-day lives and the lives of everyone around us. :D
That's weird they can preach about that but preaching about Jesus woah look out ha ha. Perhaps that's the source of some tension between people. A lot of people like to point to religion as the source of bad things which I'm sure is true in some cases But what I've experienced here is negativity towards my belief so maybe that's what some religious people do is retaliate back and it makes them look like the bad guy. I don't know if that's true or not. Just spit bawlin

King Phenomenon

Perhaps you can explain why the creator god created seven distinct bio-geographical zones, and why kangaroos and sloths are not native to the middle east as hypothesized from the story about most of Noah's family being drowned in a 15 cubit-high flood.
Im sure you can

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've always believed God created humans and that we didn't evolve from primates.

But there still seems to a process to it all. If God created humans, then the process of conception, birth, growth, maturity, and eventually old age and death is somehow part of the design. Why not evolution as well?

If God could just create humans out of nothing, why bother going through the process of birth and growing up and aging? Why doesn't God just make us appear at age 18, where we could then remain at that age for about 80-90 years, and then just "poof" out of existence? Neat and painless.

King Phenomenon

Well that is by definition willful ignorance.

May I ask what caused this disposition of yours?
I just believe what I believe it's really not a big deal I don't think. Perhaps you are seeing people being persecuted by religious people and maybe think I'm that way but I'm really not. so enjoy the rest of the day

King Phenomenon

But there still seems to a process to it all. If God created humans, then the process of conception, birth, growth, maturity, and eventually old age and death is somehow part of the design. Why not evolution as well?

If God could just create humans out of nothing, why bother going through the process of birth and growing up and aging? Why doesn't God just make us appear at age 18, where we could then remain at that age for about 80-90 years, and then just "poof" out of existence? Neat and painless.
I guess he just made it that way

Koldo

Outstanding Member

I also like getting to hear about different cultures and narratives, but this is not what is happening here.
There isn't even a narrative in the OP or in any of his following posts. Even if I majorly disagree with a poster I can appreciate the effort they used to create a post in a manner that others can, at least, find some value on it. Either by being funny, informative or intellectually engaging. However, this topic was created with the lowest effort possible. There is nothing of value here. Except for the opportunity to point this out...

GameChanger

I just believe what I believe it's really not a big deal I don't think. Perhaps you are seeing people being persecuted by religious people and maybe think I'm that way but I'm really not. so enjoy the rest of the day

Well, no - that's not accurate at all.

You stated that you have had no intention of understanding evolutionary theory. That is willful ignorance.

It has nothing to do with religion or persecution or anything other than your resistance to this realm of science.

King Phenomenon

I also like getting to hear about different cultures and narratives, but this is not what is happening here.
There isn't even a narrative in the OP or in any of his following posts. Even if I majorly disagree with a poster I can appreciate the effort they used to create a post in a manner that others can, at least, find some value on it. Either by being funny, informative or intellectually engaging. However, this topic was created with the lowest effort possible. There is nothing of value here. Except for the opportunity to point this out...
It's a simple topic for me and obviously people have insulted me for it but that's OK