• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prima just got bit in the butt...

Prima

As I so eloquently referred to it in a previous thread. In other words, I made a stupid, thoughtless magical blunder due to a lack of planning, or more correctly, pure stupidity.

I'll attempt to explain this one, but it might be a little difficult seeing as how I made the whole thing up. I'm sure it's rather common but I don't know the words for it all.

I turned two stones that I use for focii into, ah, protection stones. As in, whoever is in possession of them has a certain amount of protection, kind of like a temporary but strong shield. They're also under my personal protection. But, I haven't had to give them to anyone as of yet, so they're in my possession. The problem is, I didn't make, um...a limit for how much energy they could pull from me. And I'm extremely sensitive- which usually, I just live with, but I think the stones are pulling energy from me to protect me. I think. Maybe. That seems to be what's happening, at least.

My boyfriend suggested I cut off one stone and leave the other to make sure that that's what's really happening, and I can strengthen my shields with any energy I take when I cut off the stone. Then if I'm right, I can try to put a limit on how much energy the other stone pulls.

I think.

This is all very up-in-the-air, but unfortunately, I need to do something ASAP, because I've been feeling horrible...exhausted and listless and depleted.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I may not know as much as many others here, but i'm pretty sure that since these stones are imbued with your personal magick and are entirely your creations, that they are therefore entirely under your conscious control. It might not be necessary to cut off a stone, you should be able to tweek the structure of the protection spells themselves to give them a defined limit. Might take some concentration though, but since these are essentially enchanted objects and not a 'make and let fly' spell, i reckon it should be possible.

Prima

It might not be necessary to cut off a stone, you should be able to tweek the structure of the protection spells themselves to give them a defined limit
Yes, you're entirely correct - the problem I foresee is my ability to tweak! :D It was interesting, though, because as soon as I realized that this was the problem (a day or so ago) it started getting a little better - I assume that I changed it a little bit without even thinking about it. Which supports your idea that they're entirely under my control. But I think it's important for me to conciously adjust it, or else I might just undo the work I did in the first place! Although I wonder if that happened, and I just let it go under complete subconcious control, if it would only pull when I could spare the energy. But I ain't tryin it! :areyoucra

Although, you know, with all this....I'm still a little tickled that I did that good of a job with it, minus the mistake :D

Prima

Aaaand I'm hit again by the realization of how bizarre this would all sound if the 'me' of a year ago read it ...

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Umm, I'm not a practicioner of magic for this very reason :rolleyes: . But here is my thoughts on your situation. I have heard something about male and female stones. Maybe having the two stones in close proximity to each other is what is causing your power drain. Instead of cutting one rock off, can you separate them. Maybe in different rooms. Or give one to your boyfriend, and you keep one.

Just a suggestion, cause like I said, I have read of such things, but respect the fact that I have a habit of messing things up when I do things my way.:cool: So have never actually tried to use the things I've learned about magic. Good luck. And I can pray for the source to supply you with unlimited power. :D

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Aaaand I'm hit again by the realization of how bizarre this would all sound if the 'me' of a year ago read it ...
Lol, this time last i was at the height of my Wiccan explorations.

If i were you (and i'm pretty sure i'm not, but you can never be totally sure) i'd meditate for a while, get as much strength back as you can muster and then just sit with the stones, focussing on nothing else until they damned well do what you want them too! ;)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Prima said:
It was interesting, though, because as soon as I realized that this was the problem (a day or so ago) it started getting a little better - I assume that I changed it a little bit without even thinking about it.
Yes , I think that it is a matter of will . { although I do not practice magic , haven't for over 25 years } . The only problem that I can forsee Prima , is when your will is weakened , for whatever reason . That they may pull too much energy again ? So I would put a limit upon how much energy they are allowed to drew . In other words , tell them who is the boss ... ;)

BTW , I think that it is best to enforce one's energy , not to give it out like that . That may sound selfish , but there is a lot of energy out there , just waiting to be used .

In the future do not do the spell to constantly take energy from you. Project the energy of the universe(Or god/goddess) going to them. This way you are not drained. I would also suggest meditating and focusing the energy from the universe into you to renew your strength.

For now, you need to come up with a spell to disconnect them from you. Start over from scratch.

Prima

I'm sorry I guess I didn't make this clear - one of the problems is that it IS taking my energy when it isn't supposed to. I meant to have it only draw on my energy in dire need. I put power in them when I made them, enough that it should have been sufficient.

What I can 'see' (or, it's more 'intuit' than 'see' for me) is that the original small line that I had with the stones to give me an idea of what was going on has...I guess the best word would be 'stretched' It's much bigger now.

The only problem that I can forsee Prima , is when your will is weakened , for whatever reason . That they may pull too much energy again ? So I would put a limit upon how much energy they are allowed to drew . In other words , tell them who is the boss ...
Ditto. Unfortunately I'm often emotionally weak, so that's a very real concern...thanks for bringin it up, I'm not sure I would have thought of that. I'm a very sensual person, so a lot of what I do depends on me creating something based on a physical sensation. For example, right now I have thick unsticky marshmallow shields. :D In the same vein, I think if I made the line connecting me to them into something that can't stretch, it might work.

So after that, I need to learn how to make things draw exclusively and continuously from surrounding energy or energy from a different source. I think I might have an idea how to do it efficiently and effectively, but as always suggestions are welcome.

I think that it is best to enforce one's energy , not to give it out like that . That may sound selfish , but there is a lot of energy out there , just waiting to be used
I definitely agree. There's no telling when you'll need your own personal energy, it doesn't need to be wasted unnecessarily :)

If i were you (and i'm pretty sure i'm not, but you can never be totally sure) i'd meditate for a while, get as much strength back as you can muster and then just sit with the stones, focussing on nothing else until they damned well do what you want them too!
Heehee, I love direct approaches. "Alright, you little pieces of rock, get in line!" Although speaking like that often helps me, I find it makes it easier to direct my will.

For now, you need to come up with a spell to disconnect them from you. Start over from scratch.
Why do you think that?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Something wrong happened to me once. I used a spell to get me a job. I filled out an application at Best Buys, Hobby Lobby, and Arbys to make people say I never try fast food. This spell was supposed to give me the most benificial job, but my thoughts were wondering, and I was a bit tired. Instead of the Air-conditioned, fairly good paying, energetic Best Buy, I got stuck at Arbys. I did get an interview at the other places, but Hobby Lobby starting laying off people a couple weeks later, and I never heard back from Best Buy.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
As I keep saying , I'm not a Witch . :) However there are many ways to direct one's will . But I will leave the Witchcraft to the Witchs here . However I am concerned for you Prima . And SalemWitchChild may be correct . It would be the safest way .

The way I see it is that you have already set your will in motion , with the first spell . Now you are adding to your will , by trying to redirect it . This may work ? Or it may end up biting you even harder . ;) So if it doesn't appear to be going as you wish , put an end to it .

You are teasing me , aren't you ? :) Surely at this point of spell casting you know how to gather and direct energy ? SWC gives you good advice in that matter . With me , all I use to do was to allow the energy to start flowing through me before I started casting . Still do that at times when I feel ran down . Wind seems to help me . Well , a breeze , not a gale . ;)

Prima said:
I'm sorry I guess I didn't make this clear - one of the problems is that it IS taking my energy when it isn't supposed to. I meant to have it only draw on my energy in dire need. I put power in them when I made them, enough that it should have been sufficient.

What I can 'see' (or, it's more 'intuit' than 'see' for me) is that the original small line that I had with the stones to give me an idea of what was going on has...I guess the best word would be 'stretched' It's much bigger now.

Ditto. Unfortunately I'm often emotionally weak, so that's a very real concern...thanks for bringin it up, I'm not sure I would have thought of that. I'm a very sensual person, so a lot of what I do depends on me creating something based on a physical sensation. For example, right now I have thick unsticky marshmallow shields. :D In the same vein, I think if I made the line connecting me to them into something that can't stretch, it might work.

So after that, I need to learn how to make things draw exclusively and continuously from surrounding energy or energy from a different source. I think I might have an idea how to do it efficiently and effectively, but as always suggestions are welcome.

I definitely agree. There's no telling when you'll need your own personal energy, it doesn't need to be wasted unnecessarily :)

Heehee, I love direct approaches. "Alright, you little pieces of rock, get in line!" Although speaking like that often helps me, I find it makes it easier to direct my will.

Why do you think that?
Because anything else you do now will only add to the problem. It is best to start over with a cleaned crystal so that you can make it right this time.

martha

My dear one,...Virtual Mother here. Prima darling, you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Your heart is good and pure. What I would say to you as virtual mom is.....What you seek is already within you. Every power that you give name to in spell, is already within your soul. The objects are just a touchstone, a catalyst or a focus, so to speak. You are the divine already. All is within your reach. Your power is awesome for you are the sum of it. You are beautiful, strong, giving and loving and when you see that in yourself every day, you will thrive with energy.

I love you dearly and never wish to hear that you are weakening. If you weaken, it is because you have lost sight of your own divine, strong self. You are the creator of your life's force and direction.It is truly your choice.That has been given to you in your birth to this world. So envision it and then use it. I desire to hear great accomplishment from you. But that is just virtual mom speaking.:D I love you dearly. Take care with your life.

Love and joy,
Mom, Martha

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Prima said:
...what are you referring to? I never said I can't do this...
Sorry , I misread something . :) I figured that you could . So ? how are they doing ? You show them who is boss yet ?

Prima

I gave one - the one that was giving me the most problems, or so it seemed - to my boyfriend. I haven't had nearly as much trouble since then. I think I might just cut that one off completely.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I once read about a spell - I must have been 17 years old (and I can't remember the preliminary rituals - although I am sure there was a plea to some Goddess) whereby I was to put a book under my pillow at night.

The idea was that I would wake up next morning, with the full knowledge contained in that book.........unfortunately, I failed advanced level pure mathematics - I don't think the Goddess heard me.:jam:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Well Michel , the Goddess helps those who help themselves .... ;)

It may be for the best Prima . :) As you see fit .