• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump donations another $100,000

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Even if a good deed is done for selfish reason (e.g. good optics, distraction), it’s still a good deed. I’m glad Trump is following through with this promise— I honestly wouldn’t have expected it of him.
Oh, imo if you're putting a dollar into the basket with one hand while robbing a hundred with the other, I feel disinclined to say 'good job.'

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Oh, imo if you're putting a dollar into the basket with one hand while robbing a hundred with the other, I feel disinclined to say 'good job.'
You don’t have to say “good job” but neither would I crap all over the good deed, e.g. saying that it’s “worthless”, or saying how $100,000 isn’t really that much money, etc.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not true. I don't watch any news source. I hate Trump because he's a lying conman who supports racist policies along with policies that hurt our environment. But ya just continue to believe the garbage that Fox news puts out while the rest of us continue to live in reality.
Just what exactly are those racist and environmental policies you're referring to?

I'd be interested in looking at them.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Just what exactly are those racist and environmental policies you're referring to?

I'd be interested in looking at them.
I could understand arguing that the Trump admin policies aren’t racist, but honestly, how could you not know about the environmentally-adverse policies?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Even if a good deed is done for selfish reason (e.g. good optics, distraction), it’s still a good deed. I’m glad Trump is following through with this promise— I honestly wouldn’t have expected it of him.
The problem here is that Trump has such a well documented history of self-aggrandizing lies and virtually none of actual charity. It's more plausible that he's, at best, buying himself something and pretending it's charity.
Sort of like the first expenditure of the Trump Foundation being super-expensive tickets to Philharmonic for him and his wife.
Tom

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
The problem here is that Trump has such a well documented history of self-aggrandizing lies and virtually none of actual charity. It's more plausible that he's, at best, buying himself something and pretending it's charity.
Sort of like the first expenditure of the Trump Foundation being super-expensive tickets to Philharmonic for him and his wife.
Tom
Trump does have an abysmal track-record regarding charity. But lacking clear evidence that this is another trump scam, I’m hesitant to claim it is, precisely because if we are wrong, it will water-down actual incidents of personal profiteering. It will give our critics ammunition— “You were wrong about Trump donating his salary, so why should I believe you that he used trump foundation money to buy a painting of himself!”

I also think there’s a fine distinction between providing context of Trump’s salary donation (e.g. his budget cuts, his charity track-record) and dissing the donation itself. The latter just rubs me the wrong way. At the end of the day, I can’t see anything wrong with a $100,000 going towards charity— even if that is “just a drop in the bucket” for Trump.