• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump donations another $100,000

Shaul

Premium Member
While running for President, Trump promised, if elected, to forego the salary and to donate it. Each quarter he has been in office he has done that.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Departments of:
Veterans Affairs
National Park Service
Health and Human Services
Transportation

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
First thought I had was "strange thing for a businessman". Second thought "smart thing to do to fool the Americans".

Probably the rich companies give him plenty of compensation for playing in their hand. After all he is a businessman.

Phantasman

While running for President, Trump promised, if elected, to forego the salary and to donate it. Each quarter he has been in office he has done that.
$100,000 is a drop in the bucket for Trump. It's a sign of patriotism. Attorneys, on the other hand, will do nothing without a monetary return. Even pro bono is never kept quiet, so they get "something" out of it.

Shad

Veteran Member

He doesn't need it. He has billions in assets.

*clarification* This donation was done for optics. There is no other reason to announce it beside the praise for it. Trump probably makes more money on interest than the POTUS salary.

Last edited:

suncowiam

Great.

What about his tax returns? He promised that too.

You know... Rich people can sacrifice money because the amount is just relative to what they truly own. It shows where his values are that he would lie on tax returns versus $100000 but then again, $100000 to him is a drop in the bucket.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm assuming you are promoting fake news, like the majority of your posts!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The fiend!
I hope he comes under severe criticism for it.

(I don't really care about his donations.
But I do love to see the responses on RF.)

ecco

Veteran Member
How much money has Trump made with increased attendance at his holdings by people trying to ingratiate themselves to him?

If Obama had vast holdings that he didn't divest himself of you would have been very upset.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Meanwhile, I am sure the departments Trump donated to are happy to receive donations from him or anyone for that matter. Maybe that veteran from Afghanistan is getting their medication because of a few extra dollars, or that tree squirrel in the national park can look her children in their frightened little eyes and honestly tell them that everything will be ok.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Meanwhile, I am sure the departments Trump donated to are happy to receive donations from him or anyone for that matter. Maybe that veteran from Afghanistan is getting their medication because of a few extra dollars, or that tree squirrel in the national park can look her children in their frightened little eyes and honestly tell them that everything will be ok.

A hundred grand is going to do all that? Must be the most miracle working drop in the bucket ever.