• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preparing to meet thy maker?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
This is a creationist statement, as science does not say humans evolved by accident. To say "accident" suggests there was some other path for evolution and the emergence of humans deviated from this path. This is nonsense that creations came up with to push their claim that humans are a special creation by a God. There is no evidence to suggest this, and much that shows we evolved. So get you science right, then argue your religious beliefs.
All of evolution, if there's no creator involved, happens by accident.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It's irrelevant that you believe or not. And I didn't say the best way to survive is to cooperate. I noted that experts in science have looked at the facts and data and conclude that cooperation for humans and other animals as an advantage for survival. Even today we individuals rely on many others for our survival. Could you break off from society and live totally off the land without any help from others? Even if you could, what happens when you get sick or injured?
Yes, I could. But that's not the point. The point is, the toughest surviving is what evolution is all about. You have a way of totally getting off-topic.
We don't live in that world because God created us with a desire for human interaction. Love is irrational when you think about it from a purely humanistic viewpoint, in fact, it can't even be said to be real in that world, only a fake emotion to promote the propagation of the species. What an ugly world the atheist must live in, devoid of true love or compassion, everything being based solely on chance and survival.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The answer is without hesitation "No"!

Guilty conscience!

Assuming God is a real entity who will judge thy soul, anyone here ready to meet their maker?

The Bible really doesn't send a consistent message. "Thou shalt not kill" is present in Scripture, then "kill every man, woman, and child, kill adulterers, kill those who work on Sabbath", has caused me to have a bit of an exodus from the bondage of using the Bible as an authority, with so many verses stating the opposite of others.

Follow one's conscience maybe? The golden rule perhaps? I follow coincidences, signs, and dots that connect. That has been very helpful!

Other ideas for preparing to meet one's maker?

I nearly died of the Asian Flu at age 17 when it came out. I was ready to meet my maker but not because I was aware of what my judgment would be. I believe I simply would rather die of a disease than get shot in the back as was the case in a previous life. I think my issue was having to die young and somehow I was able to come to terms with that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Speaking as an ex-Christian, I'm no longer afraid of being judged by God or sent to hell. I've finally let go of these fear tactics of Christianity. I no longer adhere to the fear, shame and guilt that Christianity inflicts upon its followers. It's mainly a religion of fear, shame and guilt trips. It's fear of God, fear of hell, and shame and guilt trips from sinning. According to Christianity, if you do not accept Jesus as your savior and you don't get God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you go to hell. A lifetime of disobeying God gets you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If that belief right there isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is.

Personally speaking, I have doubts that the God of the Bible even exists. But if he does exist, then I will consider him to be nothing more than a sadistic, bloodthirsty psychopath, who takes personal pleasure from wrecking havoc in the world (Isaiah 45:7). He then sits back and watches the world burn and tear itself apart, and he does nothing to stop the immeasurable violence, corruption, and human suffering. An estimated six million Jews, supposedly God's own chosen people, were ruthlessly murdered by the Nazis, and their God did nothing to save them. And unlike devout Christians, I don't blame the creation (humanity and Satan) for the evil and violence in the world. I blame God, the Creator. According to the Bible, God is all-knowing (Psalm 139:1-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; 1 John 3:20), all-powerful (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and ever-present (Psalm 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17).

If God actually does exist, and he has infinite knowledge and wisdom (omniscient) and infinite power (omnipotent) and he's present everywhere simultaneously (omnipresent), then he knew ahead of time that humanity would become morally depraved before he created Adam and Eve. Mankind isn't responsible for sin coming into the world. God is responsible for sin, because he even created Adam and Eve knowing that they would disobey him, and he had already planned to curse all of mankind for their disobedience.

Okay, rant over (for now).

I believe you have managed to stick your head in the sand but that won't change the result.