• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preparing to meet thy maker?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The answer is without hesitation "No"!

Guilty conscience!

Assuming God is a real entity who will judge thy soul, anyone here ready to meet their maker?

The Bible really doesn't send a consistent message. "Thou shalt not kill" is present in Scripture, then "kill every man, woman, and child, kill adulterers, kill those who work on Sabbath", has caused me to have a bit of an exodus from the bondage of using the Bible as an authority, with so many verses stating the opposite of others.

Follow one's conscience maybe? The golden rule perhaps? I follow coincidences, signs, and dots that connect. That has been very helpful!

Other ideas for preparing to meet one's maker?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Meet my maker?

If you mean my Gods, there is no preparation. I have already met them, and they are everywhere, I believe. Both inside and outside; there is nowhere where God/ess is not. He/she is here with me, now, I feel, posting away on RF.

So, no preparation involved. (In my opinion.)

Eyes to See

Guilty conscience!

Assuming God is a real entity who will judge thy soul, anyone here ready to meet their maker?

The Bible really doesn't send a consistent message. "Thou shalt not kill" is present in Scripture, then "kill every man, woman, and child, kill adulterers, kill those who work on Sabbath", has caused me to have a bit of an exodus from the bondage of using the Bible as an authority, with so many verses stating the opposite of others.

Follow one's conscience maybe? The golden rule perhaps? I follow coincidences, signs, and dots that connect. That has been very helpful!

Could be an antiquated or inadequate translation you're using. My says “You must not murder."

There is a big difference.

Ecclesiastes says:

(Ecclesiastes 3:1-3) . . .There is an appointed time for everything, A time for every activity under the heavens: 2 A time for birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what was planted; 3 A time to kill and a time to heal;. . .

Viker

Häxan
Yes. I'm prepared to go back to Gaia. What ever, if any at all, plans she has for me are her business.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Could be an antiquated or inadequate translation you're using. My says “You must not murder."

There is a big difference.

Ecclesiastes says:

(Ecclesiastes 3:1-3) . . .There is an appointed time for everything, A time for every activity under the heavens: 2 A time for birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what was planted; 3 A time to kill and a time to heal;. . .
God commanded Israelites to murder innocent babies who never sinned and children and pregnant women.

First born of Egypt were murdered by the Angel of death.

Total and complete scorched earth genocides in the Bible commanded by God is murder.

God drowned babies and children and pregnant women in the great flood. That is murder.

THE Bible commands people to do opposite of what it says to do.

It's why it is a terrible piece of literature to use as a final authority for making decisions and moral compass!

It is actually dangerous and toxic to do so!

Suave

Simulated character

Guilty conscience!

I have no idea if it's lights out and game over when the ionic currents cease flowing across my brain's neurons or if I am one of our Simulator's/God's favorite characters whom the simulators/God will reanimate into a virtual reality paradise world. If I get the chance to meet with our genetic code's Creator, I hope to do my most amusing song and dance routine by God, and then I shall ask "What is beyond the Matrix?"

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Guilty conscience!

I regret to report that both my makers are dead.

Suave

Simulated character
I regret to report that both my makers are dead.
I am sorry to read about the earthly demise of your beloved dearly departed parents.

Please note the discovery of error correcting codes within the equations of symmetry is a rigorously proven theorem.

Reference: https://www.quora.com/Is-theoretica...mmunity-and-has-it-been-corroborated-by-other

Is theoretical physicist James Gates’ intriguing discovery of error-correcting codes within the equations of supersymmetry accepted within the theoretical physicist community, and has it been corroborated by other physicists?

Tristan Hubsch
, PhD Physics, University of Maryland, College Park (1987)
Answered 3 years ago · Author has 1.4K answers and 1M answer views

A.: The discovery is a rigorously proven theorem.

To be precise, the (error-detecting and error-correcting binary doubly-even linear block) codes were discovered/identified within the classification of worldline off-shell supermultiplets without central charge [On Graph-Theoretic Identifications of Adinkras, Supersymmetry Representations and Superfields, by C.F. Doran, M.G. Faux, S.J. Gates, Jr., T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Int. J. Mod. Phys. A22 (2007) 869-930, arXiv:math-ph/0512016]. It was then proven that these (minimal) supermultiplets in turn encode the continuum of all possible worldline supermultiplets [On General Off-Shell Representations of Worldline (1D) Supersymmetry, by C.F. Doran, T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Symmetry 6 no. 1, (2014) 67–88, arXiv:1310.3258]. See also my answer to “James Gates claims that he found code in string theory. Does that imply that we live in a simulation?”

If string theory proves to be a valid explanation for the fundamental constituents of the universe being one-dimensional “strings” rather than point-like particles, then the computer code found within string theory could be a real indication of our simulated universe being controlled by God!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Speaking as an ex-Christian, I'm no longer afraid of being judged by God or sent to hell. I've finally let go of these fear tactics of Christianity. I no longer adhere to the fear, shame and guilt that Christianity inflicts upon its followers. It's mainly a religion of fear, shame and guilt trips. It's fear of God, fear of hell, and shame and guilt trips from sinning. According to Christianity, if you do not accept Jesus as your savior and you don't get God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you go to hell. A lifetime of disobeying God gets you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If that belief right there isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is.

Personally speaking, I have doubts that the God of the Bible even exists. But if he does exist, then I will consider him to be nothing more than a sadistic, bloodthirsty psychopath, who takes personal pleasure from wrecking havoc in the world (Isaiah 45:7). He then sits back and watches the world burn and tear itself apart, and he does nothing to stop the immeasurable violence, corruption, and human suffering. An estimated six million Jews, supposedly God's own chosen people, were ruthlessly murdered by the Nazis, and their God did nothing to save them. And unlike devout Christians, I don't blame the creation (humanity and Satan) for the evil and violence in the world. I blame God, the Creator. According to the Bible, God is all-knowing (Psalm 139:1-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; 1 John 3:20), all-powerful (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and ever-present (Psalm 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17).

If God actually does exist, and he has infinite knowledge and wisdom (omniscient) and infinite power (omnipotent) and he's present everywhere simultaneously (omnipresent), then he knew ahead of time that humanity would become morally depraved before he created Adam and Eve. Mankind isn't responsible for sin coming into the world. God is responsible for sin, because he even created Adam and Eve knowing that they would disobey him, and he had already planned to curse all of mankind for their disobedience.

Okay, rant over (for now).

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
Speaking as an ex-Christian, I'm no longer afraid of being judged by God or sent to hell. I've finally let go of these fear tactics of Christianity. I no longer adhere to the fear, shame and guilt that Christianity inflicts upon its followers. It's mainly a religion of fear, shame and guilt trips. It's fear of God, fear of hell, and shame and guilt trips from sinning. According to Christianity, if you don't accept Jesus as your savior and you don't get God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you go to hell. A lifetime of disobeying God costs you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If that specific belief right there isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is.

Personally speaking, I have doubts that the God of the Bible even exists. But if he does exist, then I'll consider him to be nothing more than a sadistic, bloodthirsty psychopath, who takes personal pleasure from wrecking havoc in the world (Isaiah 45:7). He then sits back and watches the world burn and tear itself apart, and he does nothing to stop the immeasurable violence, corruption, and human suffering. An estimated six million Jews, supposedly God's own chosen people, were ruthlessly murdered by the Nazis, and their God did nothing to save them. And unlike devout Christians, I don't blame the creation (humanity and Satan) for the evil and violence in the world. I blame God, the Creator. According to the Bible, God is all-knowing (Psalm 139:1-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; 1 John 3:20). God is also all-powerful (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and ever-present (Psalm 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17).

If God actually exists and he has infinite knowledge and wisdom (omniscient) and infinite power (omnipotent), and he is present everywhere simultaneously (omnipresent), then he knew ahead of time humanity would become morally before he even created Adam and Eve. Mankind is not responsible for sin coming into the world, God, the Creator, is.

Perhaps God might have created sin as a device in order to test characters worthy of being resurrected into a virtual reality paradise by God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Speaking as an ex-Christian, I'm no longer afraid of being judged by God or sent to hell. I've finally let go of these fear tactics of Christianity. I no longer adhere to the fear, shame and guilt that Christianity inflicts upon its followers. It's mainly a religion of fear, shame and guilt trips. It's fear of God, fear of hell, and shame and guilt trips from sinning. According to Christianity, if you don't accept Jesus as your savior and you don't get God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you go to hell. A lifetime of disobeying God costs you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If that specific belief right there isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is.

Personally speaking, I have doubts that the God of the Bible even exists. But if he does exist, then I'll consider him to be nothing more than a sadistic, bloodthirsty psychopath, who takes personal pleasure from wrecking havoc in the world (Isaiah 45:7). He then sits back and watches the world burn and tear itself apart, and he does nothing to stop the immeasurable violence, corruption, and human suffering. An estimated six million Jews, supposedly God's own chosen people, were ruthlessly murdered by the Nazis, and their God did nothing to save them. And unlike devout Christians, I don't blame the creation (humanity and Satan) for the evil and violence in the world. I blame God, the Creator. According to the Bible, God is all-knowing (Psalm 139:1-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; 1 John 3:20). God is also all-powerful (Psalm 147:5; Job 42:2; Daniel 2:21), and ever-present (Psalm 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:12; Colossians 1:17).

If God actually exists and he has infinite knowledge and wisdom (omniscient) and infinite power (omnipotent), and he is present everywhere simultaneously (omnipresent), then he knew ahead of time humanity would become morally before he even created Adam and Eve. Mankind is not responsible for sin coming into the world. God, the Creator, is responsible for sin, because he creating, foreknowing that man would sin.

The message you delivered actually is a very good point.

Why should I feel guilty, when the pain I caused is not a small fraction of .01% of the agony, terror, and disturbing **** God is responsible for causing in our world!

If he is indeed all-knowing, all-powerful, it undoubtedly makes him guilty for genocides like the Holocaust, and even in Scripture, he tells the Prophets beforehand about the horrors and terrors , slavery, and destruction he will bring to Israel, his own people, not to mention the mass murders and annihilation of gentiles.

In view of the pain and horror, terror , and destruction, the nightmare God has caused, I feel innocent and compassionate in comparison.

So, thanks for reminding me of that. :)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The message you delivered actually is a very good point.

Why should I feel guilty, when the pain I caused is not a small fraction of .01% of the agony, terror, and disturbing **** God is responsible for causing in our world!

If he is indeed all-knowing, all-powerful, it undoubtedly makes him guilty for genocides like the Holocaust, and even in Scripture, he tells the Prophets beforehand about the horrors and terrors , slavery, and destruction he will bring to Israel, his own people, not to mention the mass murders and annihilation of gentiles.

In view of the pain and horror, terror , and destruction, the nightmare God has caused, I feel innocent and compassionate in comparison.

So, thanks for reminding me of that. :)

The God of the Bible is personally responsible for massive genocide and crimes against humanity. According to the Bible, he wipes out the entire world population (except for Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives) in a global blood because he was angry about how morally depraved humanity had become, despite the fact that humanity became exactly as he created mankind to be.

God inhumanely tortures Job, a righteous man. God kills Job's children, his livestock, and destroys Job's home and livelihood, and it's all because he wanted to show off to Satan and prove that Job was faithful to him. He then tries to make it up to Job by giving him more children, more livestock, and he makes Job a richer man. God repeatedly tortures Job because he had a p***ing contest with Satan to prove that he was far more powerful than him. The stories of God's inhumane atrocities go on and on and on.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am sorry to read about the earthly demise of your beloved dearly departed parents.
Most thoughtful of you. Still, you may have come across one of those gravestones with an inscription like "As I am now, so you must be / Prepare yourselves to follow me"?
If string theory proves to be a valid explanation for the fundamental constituents of the universe being one-dimensional “strings” rather than point-like particles, then the computer code found within string theory could be a real indication of our simulated universe being controlled by God!
Or Hades. Or Jack O'Lantern. Or Professor Smith. Or Zorg, of course.

F1fan

Veteran Member

Guilty conscience!

As an atheist, absolutely. I can debate a God just as I can debate any believer. The Christian God certainly can't do any better as Christians use the Bible, God's Word, as a Basis for their arguments and claims. What Christians present as our destiny in heaven or hell is absurd. Christians can't even agree if they will be judged on their acceptance of Jesus as savior, or on their works. The more conservative tend to believe the former, and so can justify their poor moral behaviors in various ways.

Franky I don't think the Christian version of God has the moral authority to judge any mortal.

If I am condemned to hell then I will go with my intellectual and moral dignity intact, unlike this morally corrupt God. And that will be just.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The God of the Bible is personally responsible for massive genocide and crimes against humanity. According to the Bible, he wipes out the entire world population (except for Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives) in a global blood because he was angry about how morally depraved humanity had become, despite the fact that humanity became as he created them.

God kills every living creature alive upon the earth, except for Noah and his family.

God inhumanely tortures Job, a righteous man. God kills Job's children, his livestock, and destroys Job's home and livelihood, and it's all because he wanted to show off to Satan and prove that Job was faithful to him. He then tries to make it up to Job by giving him more children, more livestock, and he makes Job a richer man. God repeatedly tortures Job because he had a p***ing contest with Satan to prove that he was far more powerful than him.

The stories of God's atrocities go on and on and on.
You could always be like Jacob. Jacob physically fought with God and won Scripture says , earning him the name Israel, meaning "contender with God".

Or you could argue like Moses. Moses refused to bend the knee and bend to God's will , when God said "leave me alone, that I might go destroy Israel".

Moses told God essentially "that is a terrible idea, makes no sense, is stupid" but used a different choice of words, and Scripture says "God repented of the Evil he planned on doing to Israel"!

The right intercessor can fight with God and get God to change his mind, relent, repent, and save a nation, possibly even the world.

If that is true, there are limitless possibilities of what fighting with God can accomplish.

Jesus even said in his time "the violent are taking Heaven by force".

It implies that the right regime could potentially overthrow God, get control of his Kingdom, stop his atrocities, and flood earth with more grace and blessings.

It's actually on my "to do list". My primary goal and mission actually. If I can get enough heavenly beings to sympathize and cooperate with me, God knows it's a possibility (if Scripture is at all accurate).

If I can get most of Heaven to agree that my ideas are more compassionate than God's, and ease more pain and suffering in the end, God realizes his favorability ratings drop, and my regime and political party in Heaven has more sympathizers, and approval ratings go up.

To stay in good standing with his Kingdom he governs, God will then have to compromise, and be more merciful, generous, compassionate, and kind, to keep his approval ratings high and not let the Kingdom destabilize , stop another rebellion in Heaven, stop Heaven from being taken by force, stay in power, and keep his approval ratings high!

He will have to keep outdoing my plans and ideas for a generous outcome and future for earth, how he manages his graces, and the salvation of souls, and more merciful plan for sinners.

Jesus compared his father to a Judge who gives the angry persistent widow what she wants, because he is "afraid of what she will do to him"!

At any rate, God strikes me as a monster, but one I try to both respect , as well as contend with. If I can get him to see my fight with him is motivated by compassion and charity, the strongest enemy is the one you can sympathize with and admire, who is fighting a just and noble fight and cause!

Wish me luck! :D