• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preachers, Priests, Reverends, and Teachers

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Odd. When I was in the church we all devoted ourselves to Christ. The interrelationship with the church and doing good for others was communal and individual not political. So, you think since Christians are corrupt they should stop helping people with food and shelter?
i never used the term christian as exclusive to the problem. this happens under all brands.

again its very, very, very simple. there is only two types of service. there is service to self, or service to all as self. self has to meet their own needs first and hopefully with help. once that person has met their needs they should be interested in reciprocation due to interdependence.

christians are the majority in this country. they should be upholding the example vs the exception

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What I meant by "even the Jews" was, even the upper crust "Hebrews of Hebrews" Pharisee ("separated ones") Jews who could ordinarily be expected to spend their lives in politics or teaching the law or serving the High Priest or whatever they did do in those days.
Thanks. It was unclear.
If it interests you, many Talmudic sages earned their living from a variety of fields, such as shoe-making, coal-selling, wood-selling, wine-selling and field work. The separation of the Pharisees was in other terms.

WonderingWorrier

vs asking for donations and having exorbitant salaries

But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD. Joshua 6:19

Above iron is brass. Above brass is silver. Above silver is gold. The earth and the heavens is the treasury of the LORD.

As they gather silver, and brass, and iron, and lead, and tin, into the midst of the furnace, to blow fire upon it, to melt it; so will I gather you in mine anger and in my fury, and I will leave you there, and melt you. Ezekiel 22:20

For they be thy people, and thine inheritance, which though broughtest forth out of Egypt, from the midst of the furnace of iron. 1 Kings 8:51

And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron. Deuteronomy 28:23

The silver and gold of man is not the silver and gold of God.

The silver and gold of man is just iron (Earthly).

Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and ye shall eat your flesh as it were fire ye heaped treasure together for the last days. James 5:3

There is a well known legend about the philosophers stone. It is said that it can turn lead into gold.

And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof. Zechariah 5:8

The bellows are burned, the lead is consumed of the fire; the founder melteth in vain: for the wicked are not plucked away. Jeremiah 6:29

Many people throughout history have tried to discover the philosophers stone and its abilities.

Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 7:12

Perhaps philosophers hearts can turn wickedness into hearts of gold.