1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Preachers, Priests, Reverends, and Teachers

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Fool, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,180
    Religion:
    Light Impressed with Love
    Shouldn't christian shepherds be asking their flock to listen to the Spirit? the Spirit of the Lord(Christ) that is in them vs asking for donations and having exorbitant salaries?

shouldn't they be encouraging their flock to know god for self?

jeremiah 31:34

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +10,075
    Religion:
    Process of Spiritual Healing
    I don't know about salaries; but, without their donations, I'd be homeless, no clothes, food, nothing right now. So, some things have to give.

#2 Unveiled Artist, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,180
    Religion:

that should be a given; if they have anything in excess and without requiring a conversion to their religion

otherwise they are just creating rice, materialistic people of belief. there should be no one in need; if they follow the idea of compassionate mercy

4. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +23,943
    Religion:
    Love
    Yes.

5. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue The gentle embrace of twilight has become my guide

Ratings:
    +12,836
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    Isn't Jesus quoted to have said there is no need for such concerns?

• Like Like x 1
  6. rocala

rocala Active Member

Ratings:
    +575
    Religion:
    Buddhism / Druidry
    I think you should lay off @Unveiled Artist, the girl has needed and been given help. Now she is expressing some gratitude. Who can have a problem with that?

If you want to ask a question the best would be who does @Fool mean when talking about "exorbitant salaries? There are a lot of "Christian shepherds" in this world and I strongly doubt if they should all be tarred with the same brush.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Conscious thoughts

Conscious thoughts Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,128
    Religion:
    Osmanli Nakshibedi Way, Sufism
    Isn't the shepherd Jesus and the disciple the sheep if you think about what the Bible say?
    ( I can remember wrong of course. )

8. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,180
    Religion:
    Jesus was a lamb himself. he said a student can never be above his teacher it's enough that he should become like him. Jesus knew the father directly and himself as it's offspring. He also said whatever you do unto the least of these you have done unto me. So it would also work in the reverse when self understands oneness, ahmi yat ahmi

Jesus said on that day you will know that I am in the Father the father is in me and I in you

#8 Fool, Aug 5, 2020
  9. SLPCCC

SLPCCC Active Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Religion:
    Spiritual Christian
    I understand some are dishonest but some really have to pay for the electric bill, the heat, airconditioning, the loan they took out for the space they have or rent, theological courses, food for the needed and seniors, money for the poor, their own bills if they are not working, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,180
    Religion:
    everyone has needs. It would be great if everyone understood we are interdependent. But those preaching merciful compassion should be willing to practice what they preach and not just talk about it and wallow in their excess

11. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,075
    Religion:
    Don't know. They help Christian and non Christian alike. I was more concerned about my rent rather than jesus.

#11 Unveiled Artist, Aug 5, 2020
  12. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,075
    Religion:
    Should Christians who don't practice what they preach stop giving to the poor?

That's kind of acting as if non Christians are more saintly than Christians. A lot are more concerned doing for Christ not pleasing people who put them down for their religions politics.

13. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,180
    Religion:
    People who devour others are not giving. They are predators. Scamming the elderly is at an all time high. Selling heaven for a donation is a scam. The people called by Jesus were to serve, not live lavishly.

14. Unveiled Artist

Ratings:
    +10,075
    Religion:
    Odd. When I was in the church we all devoted ourselves to Christ. The interrelationship with the church and doing good for others was communal and individual not political. So, you think since Christians are corrupt they should stop helping people with food and shelter?

#14 Unveiled Artist, Aug 5, 2020
  15. eik

eik Active Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Religion:
    Christianity
    It is true that people with no trade are apt to become thieves, saying things they should not say to get money off people. Even the Jews taught that not to learn a trade was to become a thief. As Paul said in the course of his Christian minister, if a man will not work, he shall not eat.

So thieving off the elderly or anyone else is not anything that is taught in the bible, although there are plenty of "so termed" Christians that are fairly adept at it, usually under the deception of tithing, as if the taxation laws in ancient Israel could be directly imported into a church in the 21st century to enable the pastor to line his pockets. But this is how it often happens.

16. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Oldest Heretic

Ratings:
    +3,687
    Religion:
    Anglican...heretic
    People who study for eight years to be ordained in the Anglican Church of England know that they will always be relatively low paid when compared to similar level posts outside the Church. A priest can expect around £25k a junior bishop £37k and a Bishop £45 k while the Arch bishop of Canterbury £ 89 k
    Many Anglican priest in the UK are non stipendiary and get only expenses.

Compared to a doctor in the UK9 (Similar length training) a salaried doctor earns between £60K and £93K and a senior GP or Consultant £100k to £150 K with exceptional cases earning over twice that.(private work)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Harel13

Harel13 Nin-Jew Master
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,479
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    What is that supposed to mean?

18. eik

eik Active Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Religion:
    Christianity
    It means what it says. If you don't learn an honest trade, you're condemning yourself to a life of crime. This was the received wisdom in the 1st century AD, which is why Paul the apostle was a tent maker.

19. Harel13

Harel13 Nin-Jew Master
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,479
    Religion:
    Orthodox Judaism
    No, what does "even the Jews etc" mean? Are Jews supposed to think differently? Do they act differently?

• Like Like x 1
  20. eik

eik Active Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Religion:
    Christianity
    What I meant by "even the Jews" was, even the upper crust "Hebrews of Hebrews" Pharisee ("separated ones") Jews who could ordinarily be expected to spend their lives in politics or teaching the law or serving the High Priest or whatever they did do in those days.