• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying in the Name

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
-salvation through baptism, is man magic, not Israelite belief. We have no "man magic" ceremonies, which is why the conversion baptism is symbolic, and is referenced in that context.

/Sin remission, and conversion ceremony

-salvation through baptism, is man magic, not Israelite belief. We have no "man magic" ceremonies, which is why the conversion baptism is symbolic, and is referenced in that context.

/Sin remission, and conversion ceremony

Not symbolic at all. Jesus Christ tells you to do it. Will you not accept this scripture?

Not a rite.

John6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Mark16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Not a rite.

John6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Mark16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Yes, it's contextual, as a conversion ceremony, in this instance. The reason why it is mentioned, is because the person changing religions, demonstrates this by the baptism; they still do this when people join new churches. The 'salvation', is not part of the conversion baptism, it merely /should, parallel that occurence.

/because the person has accepted and has belief in Jesus

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Which is in Acts 2:38. You receive when you believe then get baptized in his name Jesus Christ. This is how you are buried with him.
no when you believe you're baptized in the name. involution of the name occurs and then transformation results.

again the baptizing of a person in water is a symbol of the spirit in water.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

water represents the flesh, the beast, man, the earthly, 1st
spirit represents the mind, the heavenly man, angels, 2nd

spirit into matter and then the matter is transformed into spirit

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Last edited:
Yes, it's contextual, as a conversion ceremony, in this instance. The reason why it is mentioned, is because the person changing religions, demonstrates this by the baptism; they still do this when people join new churches. The 'salvation', is not part of the conversion baptism, it merely /should, parallel that occurence.

/because the person has accepted and has belief in Jesus

Of course it's part of salvation. It is how you are buried with him.

Romans6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

no when you believe you're baptized in the name. involution of the name occurs and then transformation results.

again the baptizing of a person in water is a symbol of the spirit in water.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

water represents the flesh, the beast, man, the earthly, 1st
spirit represents the mind, the heavenly man, angels, 2nd

spirit into matter and then the matter is transformed into spirit

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Not a symbol it is how you are buried with him.

Romans6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life
This is why we must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not a symbol it is how you are buried with him.

Romans6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life
This is why we must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
it isn't figuratively, jesus is buried in water? i

metaphor, symbolism, figure of speech, not to be taken literally.

it isn't figuratively, jesus is buried in water? i

metaphor, symbolism, figure of speech, not to be taken literally.

They were literally being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to "symbolism" his death. This is how we are buried with him and will be raised with him.

sorry for the confusion.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
They were literally being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to "symbolism" his death. This is how we are buried with him and will be raised with him.

sorry for the confusion.

the sin is buried, or immersed in the depths having been washed away by the water. the Thayer's greek lexicon explains it as such.
buried

the sin is buried, or immersed in the depths having been washed away by the water. the Thayer's greek lexicon explains it as such.
buried

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
that is what resurrection is. being raised from the dead, or overcoming the 1st death..

if they don't overcome the 1st death then the dead bury the dead.

Last edited: