• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer for Religious forums

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Since I'm at a monastery I figured you poor sinners might need some prayer :p

Any prayer requests?

I was looking for a prayer subforum. Might not be a bad idea.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
Might not be a bad idea.
Indeed would it be proper when a community calling them selves religious maintain shrines and areas for devotion and spreading goodwill, yet it is not by prayers that someone changes his mind, not be prayer that another gives into right choices, words and deeds.

It's even the case that if sharing Sublime while there is a denying atmosphere that good spoken words would lose their value even more.

Nevertheless, may one put the The Book of Protection on one personal shrine. And one of it here:

...The occasion for this discourse, in brief, according to the commentary, is as follows: The city of Vesali was afflicted by a famine, causing death, especially to the poor folk. Due to the presence of decaying corpses the evil spirits began to haunt the city; this was followed by a pestilence. Plagued by these three fears of famine, non-human beings and pestilence, the citizens sought the help of the Buddha who was then living at Rajagaha.

Followed by a large number of monks including the Venerable Ananda, his attendant disciple, the Buddha came to the city of Vesali. With the arrival of the Master, there were torrential rains which swept away the putrefying corpses. The atmosphere became purified, the city was clean.

Thereupon the Buddha delivered this Jewel Discourse (Ratana sutta[2]) to the Venerable Ananda, and gave him instructions as to how he should tour the city with the Licchavi citizens reciting the discourse as a mark of protection to the people of Vesali. The Venerable Ananda followed the instructions, and sprinkled the sanctified water from the Buddha's own alms bowl. As a consequence the evil spirits were exorcised, the pestilence subsided. Thereafter the Venerable Ananda returned with the citizens of Vesali to the Public hall where the Buddha and his disciples had assembled awaiting his arrival. There the Buddha recited the same Jewel Discourse to the gathering: [3]

Milton Platt

Since I'm at a monastery I figured you poor sinners might need some prayer :p

Any prayer requests?

I was looking for a prayer subforum. Might not be a bad idea.

Pray for god to heal all amputees and let's see how many get their limbs back.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Can the guy that got his testicles bit off by a chimpanzee have them back?
chimpanzees are generally athiests. Or primathiests.

Although of course some lean towards chimpanthiesm.

Milton Platt

I've been praying for that.

Some times the answers to my prayers are no.

How do you know an amputee has never received a new limb?

I suspect it would be in all the papers??? Not to mention the religious would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I suspect it would be in all the papers??? Not to mention the religious would be shouting it from the rooftops.
I've known pastors who went to third world countries and said that they've seen such miracles.

People have had cancerous tumors disappear and doctors have medically certified it. My Foster father was one of those such people.

the medical bureau at Lourdes is made up of doctors some of them with no religious persuasion who have confirmed all kinds of miracles that defied scientific or medical explanation

Milton Platt

I've known pastors who went to third world countries and said that they've seen such miracles.

People have had cancerous tumors disappear and doctors have medically certified it. My Foster father was one of those such people.

the medical bureau at Lourdes is made up of doctors some of them with no religious persuasion who have confirmed all kinds of miracles that defied scientific or medical explanation

And yet they never have medical records to show......
I see pastors lying and going to prison all the time......sorry, hearsay evidence for a miracle isn’t sufficient.
Cancer goes into remission all the time. Legs do not grow back.

The fact that somebody can’t explain something does not make it a miracle.