• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

praGYaanaM brahma

Ekanta

om sai ram
:D If it is 'achintyam', 'avyahāryam, 'alakshanam', then it would also be totally 'avijneyah'. It is like saying God is 'unknowable' but 'I know God'. Many scriptures fall at this. I like the Brahma Sutra approach better, step by step - 'atha Brahmajijnasa'. Let us discuss what we can find out.

Some food for thought:

Mandukya Upanishad Karika 3.33:
“They say that the non-conceptual knowledge, which is birthless, is non-different form the knowable (Brahman). The knowledge that has Brahman for its content is birthless and everlasting. The birthless (Self) is known by the birthless (knowledge).”

Relevant Upanishads:
“for the knower’s function of knowing can never be lost” (BrU 4.3.30)
“Knowledge, bliss, Brahman” (BrU 3.9.28:7)
“Brahman is truth, knowledge, infinite” (TaiU 2.1.1)

Shankaras comment: “… that very knowledge of… Brahman… is non-different from Brahman, as heat is form fire… The idea … is that the Self being ever a homogeneous mass of Consciousness, like the sun that is by nature a constant light, does not depend on any other knowledge (for Its revelation).”

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"The birthless (Self) is known by the birthless (knowledge).”
The birthless knows the birthless. That is how I know Brahman. :D But first one has to be birthless, deathless. One who takes birth and dies cannot know Brahman.