1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Practical guide to spiritual awakening

Discussion in 'Seekers Circle' started by Unveiled Artist, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Windmills of your mind

Ratings:
    +9,620
    Religion:
    Process of Spiritual Healing
    Spiritual Awakening Signs: 10 Authentic Symptoms + 5 Spiritual Traps

I came across this and thought it was an interesting read. I just started and wanted to pass this along. He has other on personal values Core Values List: Over 200 Personal Values to Live By Today and other topics that are good reads.

Enjoy.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Fool

Fool ALL in all
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,130
    Religion:
    Light Impressed with Love

i read the following and laughed

We often link “spirituality” to the context of religion, but in my experience (as we’ll see below), this is problematic. For now, let’s define the spiritual as a quality of being beyond the physical or material domain of existence.

how do you have a spiritual experience that is beyond your physical being to experience? bwahahahahaah

love is definitely a physical thing that isn't beyond my being.

jesus said faith/belief without experience is worthless, useless. its a dead tree that bears no fruit. if it ain't producing fruit, right here, right now, its not worth having.

3. MNoBody

MNoBody Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,244
    Religion:
    UNdecided [they all appear to be equally true]
    people assume spirituality is something to be acquired
    something to attain to, or receive......
    awakening.jpg

4. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Windmills of your mind

Ratings:
    +9,620
    Religion:
    Process of Spiritual Healing
    It seems like he's saying an experience outside yourself. For example, when people talk about god, they think of something "greater" than themselves. Some talk about experiences they can't "say in words."

I'm not sure how your comment about jesus relates, though. The article does go on to talk about signs of awakening and one is about one's behavior. So, it's not separate from experience just many people feel their experiences are beyond the mundane. They separate spiritual and physical.

5. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,478
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
  6. PearlSeeker

PearlSeeker Active Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Religion:
    Christian
    Useful information. Just a few comments.

Role of religion is very diminished. The author neglected religious traditions, teachers and other aspects that emphasize inner transformation and liberation (apatheia/vairagya, desert fathers, Evagrius Ponticus, Meister Eckhart etc.).

The practical part mentions only meditation, mindfulness and self-reflection/evalvation. There are also other/additional ways: austerities (all kinds), selfless charity/service, surrounding yourself with fellow seekers, study, mantra, simple life/environment...