• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Practical guide to spiritual awakening

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Spiritual Awakening Signs: 10 Authentic Symptoms + 5 Spiritual Traps

What is spirituality? Are there actual signs or symptoms of spiritual awakening?

Of all the topics we cover here, spiritual awakening is perhaps the most misunderstood.

Let’s resolve that confusion now and ensure that we’re on the path to authentic spiritual awakening.

I came across this and thought it was an interesting read. I just started and wanted to pass this along. He has other on personal values Core Values List: Over 200 Personal Values to Live By Today and other topics that are good reads.

Enjoy.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

I came across this and thought it was an interesting read. I just started and wanted to pass this along. He has other on personal values Core Values List: Over 200 Personal Values to Live By Today and other topics that are good reads.

Enjoy.

i read the following and laughed

We often link “spirituality” to the context of religion, but in my experience (as we’ll see below), this is problematic. For now, let’s define the spiritual as a quality of being beyond the physical or material domain of existence.

how do you have a spiritual experience that is beyond your physical being to experience? bwahahahahaah

love is definitely a physical thing that isn't beyond my being.

jesus said faith/belief without experience is worthless, useless. its a dead tree that bears no fruit. if it ain't producing fruit, right here, right now, its not worth having.

MNoBody

people assume spirituality is something to be acquired
something to attain to, or receive......
awakening.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
i read the following and laughed

We often link “spirituality” to the context of religion, but in my experience (as we’ll see below), this is problematic. For now, let’s define the spiritual as a quality of being beyond the physical or material domain of existence.

how do you have a spiritual experience that is beyond your physical being to experience? bwahahahahaah

love is definitely a physical thing that isn't beyond my being.

jesus said faith/belief without experience is worthless, useless. its a dead tree that bears no fruit. if it ain't producing fruit, right here, right now, its not worth having.

It seems like he's saying an experience outside yourself. For example, when people talk about god, they think of something "greater" than themselves. Some talk about experiences they can't "say in words."

I'm not sure how your comment about jesus relates, though. The article does go on to talk about signs of awakening and one is about one's behavior. So, it's not separate from experience just many people feel their experiences are beyond the mundane. They separate spiritual and physical.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

PearlSeeker

Enjoy.
Useful information. Just a few comments.

Role of religion is very diminished. The author neglected religious traditions, teachers and other aspects that emphasize inner transformation and liberation (apatheia/vairagya, desert fathers, Evagrius Ponticus, Meister Eckhart etc.).

The practical part mentions only meditation, mindfulness and self-reflection/evalvation. There are also other/additional ways: austerities (all kinds), selfless charity/service, surrounding yourself with fellow seekers, study, mantra, simple life/environment...