• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post-Mortem Plans

What do you want done with your body when you die?

• Cremation

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Burial

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Bar-B-Que

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
What do you want done with your body?

Cremation?
Burial?
Bar-B-Que? (micheal valentine smith style)
Other?

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Burial, preferrably without any interference (such as embalming) is the only option for an Orthodox Christian unless the law of the state requires something else (such as cremation), in which case it is allowed by economy.

James

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
My personal view is that the body is a mere vessel. The 'parts' that matter, the soul which ascends to Heaven and the memories that remain with loved ones, do not require the body to remain in a 'shrine' occupying space on this earth.:162:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I've signed some papers to have my body rot in the woods at the University of Tennessee when I die :D After I'm done rotting, my bones will go into one of the largest bone collections in the US... I hope my spine looks neat once everything's off it!

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Maize said:
Donating my body to science would be cool too.
Like Steven Wright said "I'm donating my body to science fiction.":yoda:

My grandmother was diagnosed with Parkinsons back in the late 1970's, and she donated her body to science when she went home to the Lord in 1991.:162: She was one of the early 'guinea pigs' and took many different combinations of drugs so doctors could find ways to treat Parkinsons.:)

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Both my grandparents died recently and both were cremated, which I found odd cos I kinda assumed we'd have buried them.

I guess it's whatever my family decide, but if I was cremated I'd stipulate that they're not to buy an expensive coffin only to burn it. That's just silly. Put me in a cardboard box...

Cerrax

That One Guy
I'm an organ donor so first they need to get all the important stuff out of me for others to use. Then, I want to be frozen in liquid nitrogen and shattered. They can do whatever they want with the pieces.

evearael

Then, I want to be frozen in liquid nitrogen and shattered. They can do whatever they want with the pieces.
I'm also an organ donor. Beyond that, I want to be buried and return to the earth... the later is astonishingly difficult with the laws in alot of places.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I'd guess I don't really care too much, what ever is cheapest for my family. I'm sure they'll want to bury me though. I guess it'll depend on the laws and regulations.

I'd either like to be thrown to the birds to eat (like Zoroastrianism) or just buried with no coffin. I'm sure neither is possible, so I may as well just be cremated. Doesn't really matter I suppose...... let the family decide when I die.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
Cerrax said:
I'm an organ donor so first they need to get all the important stuff out of me for others to use. Then, I want to be frozen in liquid nitrogen and shattered. They can do whatever they want with the pieces.

Thats cool.

No pun intended.