• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pork versus Goat !

I eat pork , I don't or have never eaten goat. Now some people say pork is bad where I feel goat is bad .
What we eat is just dinner and can't see any reason why anyone can object to what others eat as long as we are not eating each other . Now I know this may seem strange to some people but in true reflection of the subject , I am objectively correct and it is rather silly to have any sorts of hate over what others eat . Some people eat insects etc , we eat what we have in resources and do try to survive the best way we can .
So do you think all religions who I personally always associate common ground that we are all people , should forget about any sort of food fights ?
Now I don't like to see hate over stupid silly little things such as what we eat , do any of you disagree with my wisdom that I have stated in this post ?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I eat pork , I don't or have never eaten goat. Now some people say pork is bad where I feel goat is bad .
What we eat is just dinner and can't see any reason why anyone can object to what others eat as long as we are not eating each other . Now I know this may seem strange to some people but in true reflection of the subject , I am objectively correct and it is rather silly to have any sorts of hate over what others eat . Some people eat insects etc , we eat what we have in resources and do try to survive the best way we can .
So do you think all religions who I personally always associate common ground that we are all people , should forget about any sort of food fights ?
Now I don't like to see hate over stupid silly little things such as what we eat , do any of you disagree with my wisdom that I have stated in this post ?
The animals that are slaughtered so man can get meat, has a life too, So it is the killing of the animal that is immoral. a lump of meat is just that, meat. But to decide that someone should die just to feel humans with meat, that is disgusting.
But don't worry, no judgment of those who choose to eat the meat. it is just a choice of lifestyle and how much karma from killing, someone is willing to carry.

Duck is best. If you disagree you are a heretic.

If we are bringing non-ungulates into the equation, then goose beats duck cos it's bigger.

A goose also bit me when I was a :baby: so I can taunt the carcass like a defeated foe.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Can we go beyond "bad or good"... to "which one is better for you?"

Certainly, what goes into the mouth comes out on the other side but we can agree that Coke, Chips, Hamburgers as a food source will help a child grow but will eventually catch up in the body with a shorter life-span.

He/she may die early... but he/she will definitely die happy! :)

I think pig just has more possibility of containing toxins and parasites. Maybe because of what they eat? Or are capable of eating?

It's like eating oysters vs scaled fish... you have a higher potential of dying if you eat oysters because of the contaminants. You can die early, if you like oysters, but you will die happy :D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If we are bringing non-ungulates into the equation, then goose beats duck cos it's bigger.

A goose also bit me when I was a :baby: so I can taunt the carcass like a defeated foe.
Burn the witch.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Can we go beyond "bad or good"... to "which one is better for you?"

Certainly, what goes into the mouth comes out on the other side but we can agree that Coke, Chips, Hamburgers as a food source will help a child grow but will eventually catch up in the body with a shorter life-span.

He/she may die early... but he/she will definitely die happy! :)

I think pig just has more possibility of containing toxins and parasites. Maybe because of what they eat? Or are capable of eating?

It's like eating oysters vs scaled fish... you have a higher potential of dying if you eat oysters because of the contaminants. You can die early, if you like oysters, but you will die happy :D
You mean the food get in the mouth and out of the pooshoot :oops::D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Goat is probably healthier, closer to a venison. All animals die, and I do not consider lions to be immoral though all they eat mammals and bugs. Humans are the only creatures which may ponder morality and should not killed for food out of respect for that facility and one other fact that they are our own. Goats are herbivores mostly but are no more moral than lions or pigs. The bottom line is they are not human. I'm not going to equate the killing of a goat and that of a human. The deaths are the same but not the killing. Cruelty I do equate, and it is equally wrong to be cruel to a goat as to a human. For food? I think goats are fair game.