• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polyamory. What exactly are you afraid of?

idav

Being
Premium Member
I don't think most people really like sharing as much as they like being with multiple people. Can you say "have your cake and eat it too".

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Ok. This thread is for anyone but members whose religions teach AGAINST homosexuality/non-marital sex/adultery/polygamy... etc.
I do NOT want to hear any "religious" viewpoints in this thread.

Pagans, Athiests, Agnostics, Deists, LHPers, Pantheists.....etc....

Do you feel that open Polyamory is a threat to something?

Do you feel it should be "hidden" from the children?

Is it something you feel will somehow hurt society?

Will it destroy the family unit?

Will it give some "kinds" of families an unfair economic advantage?

Putting aside ALL RELIGIOUS issues...
What is it exactly, that governments and people are afraid of regarding Polyamory?

I just don't get it.

My only problem with Polyamory is that 99% of the people I have met who claim to be polyamorous aren't. They could be more accurately labeled as Promiscuous, but are not willing to admit that they just want to sleep with whomever they want whenever they want without anyone getting all upset with them.

Felidae

Well. I've been with more people at the same time.

I am female, have been with a woman at the time I was with my long-term bf, he knew about it. The gf went, after a while I lost interest. My bf also, had another gf a while later. We went to a recital of hers together. They parted after a while, when he noticed she wasn't as "interesting" as me (his words, not mine). Eventually, he broke up with me because he wanted another, simple, painful, but true.

This is, for me, the truth when it comes to polyamory. You CAN love multiple people at once, but you'll always love one more. That is my experience, and I would never try this when having kids. It's not fair to them, when you yourself are having this experiment, fine. But with kids, no. They do not deserve this confusion, it's never easy, trust me. It's worth a try, but when having kids, you should have worked this out.