• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Is there an Illuminati?

Is there a kind of "illuminati" at work on our planet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Poll: Do you believe there is such a thing as an Illuminati?

And I don't mean the Bavarian Illuminati of the 18th century

I mean an informal network of very powerful people who co-operate to (try and) run the world according to their common interests - using their informal influence over others, to pull strings

illuminati.jpg
"The all-seeing eye of divine providence"
Commonly associated with The Illuminati

By "illuminati" I mean an organised power elite, who have great social, cultural, and political influence - not necessary formal power or even obscene wealth

I use the word "illuminati" as an adjective, not a noun

And I doubt very much that they are "illuminated" as in being in possession of secret knowledge!

I do not believe for a minute that this ever happens:

I do not believe that they have big meetings or sing songs together!

And I wouldn't call it a conspiracy either - they don't need to conspire, they have plenty of power as it is

I would not class it as a "secret society" - I'd call it a network of informed elites who each know what is in their common interest and who act accordingly

Basically, I see it as the ruling class informally organising itself, behind the scenes

I think there is, it would explain a lot

But what do you think? Please answer the poll and explain your answer!

(I have a blog, click here to visit it)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My husband got really into studying this topic for awhile.... Got so obsessed it overtook his life for awhile. All I could tell him was "sure, its possible, but what are you going to do about it?"

And really... if it is happening... what difference does it make to the Average Joe or Jane?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Does it involve ETs?
I very much doubt that ETs have anything to do with The Illuminati (assuming either faction exists!)

The Illuminati are too focused on their own interests to be of interest to ET

They don't have any big plan other than greed and the preservation of a favourable status quo

They don't see the big picture and are opposed to the common good - which puts them at odds with ET who are basically here on a humanitarian mission

But I do believe The Illuminati co-operates with the "Secret State" who I do believe is involved with ET

For instance, I believe that Star Trek was created by The Illuminati using its contacts in Hollywood to prepare people for alien contact, at the behest of the Secret State

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I believe there's a spiritual hierarchy shepherding the world's development but that does not match the way you've used illuminati in the OP.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
No objective verifiable evidence for an illuminati, just speculation. Today QAnon has it's own conspiracy version and still no evidence.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I mean an informal network of very powerful people who co-operate to (try and) run the world according to their common interests - using their informal influence over others, to pull strings
So far I agree, but I voted "No" because ...
By "illuminati" I mean an organised power elite, who have great social, cultural, and political influence - not necessary formal power or even obscene wealth
There is no conspiracy, secret society or organized power elite.

All contacts are informal and unorganized (well, they are very well organized but not for sinister purposes). And they don't have to be. The structure guarantees similar action that look organized but aren't.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Yes, I believe there is such a group trying to run the world ... pulling strings

I agree

I like the video

And I wouldn't call it a conspiracy either - they don't need to conspire, they have plenty of power as it is
True

I would not class it as a "secret society" - I'd call it a network of informed elites who each know what is in their common interest and who act accordingly
Seems correct to me

Basically, I see it as the ruling class informally organising itself, behind the scenes
Makes sense to me

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

It is a fact that certain people love to control others, love to amass wealth, love to be in control of the world

Knowing this, I would be very surprised IF such groups (called illuminati) do not exist

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 46095
"The all-seeing eye of divine providence"
Commonly associated with The Illuminati

I use the word "illuminati" as an adjective, not a noun

And I doubt very much that they are "illuminated" as in being in possession of secret knowledge!

(I have a blog, click here to visit it)
Theres no question in my mind that the elite 1% pretty much dictates world policy and direction.

nPeace

Veteran Member
My husband got really into studying this topic for awhile.... Got so obsessed it overtook his life for awhile. All I could tell him was "sure, its possible, but what are you going to do about it?"

And really... if it is happening... what difference does it make to the Average Joe or Jane?
I don't think there is any harm in researching, but I agree with you, there is nothing anyone can do about it... if it is true... except be alert to any forms of manipulation, and becoming attached to a string.