• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Heaven and You

If you died today do you think you would go to heaven

• Yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

croak

Trickster
robtex, if you believed that Allah was All-Powerful, you'd believe he could create something not perceptible by you. You cannot see it, touch it feel it, etc. Also, people in Heaven cannot return to Earth. And why would anyone want to?

Well, would it be fair to have people cursing and commiting adultery and such in Heaven? I don't thinks so. Simply be good in this life, follow Allah's Commands, and you will be guranteed Paradise.

Earth is going to be destroyed and made into a new Earth. Not going to go into detail, but at the end of the world, there will be many earthquakes, hurricanes, and other disasters. They will destroy the whole Earth, but maybe the core will remain and from that, the Earth shall be re-created.

robtex

Veteran Member
RearingArabian said:
robtex, if you believed that Allah was All-Powerful, you'd believe he could create something not perceptible by you. You cannot see it, touch it feel it, etc. Also, people in Heaven cannot return to Earth. And why would anyone want to?.
why would a loving merciful Allah put them on earth in the first place if he already constructed the palace of heaven for them?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
heh gerani,

I noticed the 'no's' are in the majority ,
I think you're Quote [im not spiritual enought to enter heaven. thats why i believe in reincarnation. if a train hit me, i would be reborn until i gain salvation on my own]

pretty well reflects my own feelings about myself;

See you next life!
:jiggy:

robtex

Veteran Member
RearingArabian said:
robtex, if you believed that Allah was All-Powerful, you'd believe he could create something not perceptible by you..
If you cannot precieve it how do you know you are there? And how can something be blissful and unprecievable at the same time?

Earth is going to be destroyed and made into a new Earth. Not going to go into detail said:
: fascinating subject; I guess it goes with the other one, the power of the WORD. However, this idea at putting the practical before the theoretical. In the ORIGIN for the word is that from Marx, you, or the after-all capably from the Koran itself? I want to know because the GOODNESS is denied at the end of the Earth for everything we've done, and still the theoretical concession to ideas from and about goodness are here as well as there in the love. How do I receive the humility? :tsk: Should anyone have to reject the theoretical, in favour of the JUSTICE ( I do now feel is failed in theory. Taking the right way of morals standpoint.:eek: Don't get me wrong.)

where exactly is proof of heaven? But that isnt why I said no. The 1st chapter in the book of genesis (if that is the heaven you are reffering to) specifically says that heaven is the Firmament (solid sky that has windows in it that god opened to let the flood waters poor out.)

Sorry, but that is a bit hard to swallow.

Doc

Space Chief
Engyo said:
My answer would be none of the above. I believe we make our own heaven or hell out of this life here on earth. The important thing is not what happens after we die, but what happens now, while we are living, and what we do with this lifetime.
I am with Buddha on this one also. I am not concerened with what is to be but instead what is. I am not concerned with dreaming of some distant world and forget that I am still here.

Circle_One

It is here that I stray from my Isian beliefs. I do not believe in the Kemetic/Isian/Egyptian beliefs of the afterlife which consist of something much the same as the Christian view: After death, a soul would have to journey to the Hall of Judgement. There, the heart is weighed on a scale against the feather of Ma'at (truth and justice), by the God Anubis. If you lived a sinful life, the heart would be heavy, that soul could not enter paradise and would be devoured by the monster Ammut.

I, instead am with MagickIsFun and will be seeing you in the Summerlands, darling. :D

niamhwitch

Celtic Faery Wiccan )O(
I believe we all go to the same place after death where our souls recooporate and heal. When we are ready, we reincarnate.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
For me, and many Buddhists (though not all), heaven and hell are right here on earth, in this lifetime. You can be in a state of rapture (heaven) driving your brand new car out of the showroom, and be immediately plunged into total suffering when someone runs a redlight and t-bones that new car a block later.

Consider a homeless alcoholic; his overall life condition is suffering. But when someone gives him enough money, and he goes to the liquor store to buy his bottle, for that short time he is in heaven (until the bottle is empty and the buzz wears off).

If I died today, I believe I would eventually be reborn (NOT reincarnated) as a sapient being, to continue my journey along the Path.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
ONEWAY said:
Hello all and God bless.

What do you think?

God Bless

Romans 10:9-10
I think that if I were to die now, I'd go to Heaven. But I don't think I'd go to Heaven right now. :) I believe that my eternal spirit would go to Paradise (which is not the same place as Heaven) and that my body would lie in the grave until the resurrection. At that time, my spirit would be reunited with my body (which would be restored to its perfect state) and I would stand before God to be judged. At that point, I believe -- and sincerely hope! -- I'd go to Heaven. :162:

ayani

personally, i don't place much value on what comes next. the afterlife is not a place that i can know about or be in contact with.

i can, however, live and work for positive change in this world and in this life. i am able to control some things in the world around me, and when i chose to change things in a loving, compassionate manner i feel more fulfilled and inspired than i ever could by the idea of an after life, however grand.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
"
If I died today, I believe I would eventually be reborn (NOT reincarnated) as a sapient being, to continue my journey along the Path."

engyo, what is the difference between reborn and riencarnated?