• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Stance

Read the Thread

• Democrat/Liberal

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Republican/Conservative

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Independant/A li'l bit of both, or neither

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I'm fairly conservative and my vote normally goes to the Republican although I'm not staunchly conservative on all political issues.

standing_alone

Though I find your poll and its choices inadequate (there are more than just three political ideologies - it's broken among what Americans see as political ideology - it shows ignorance regarding political ideology, etc.), I voted "liberal." I would never call myself a Democrat because that party tends to be too conservative for my taste and is just a sorry excuse for a political party. I'm a member of the Green Party.

sparc872

I'll vote for whoever is inline with my beliefs for what this country needs...whether that means a conservative, a liberal, or ralph nader i mean an independent. I definitely lean more towards bigger government with more public services provided over privatization of everything. Not Bush's kind of big government though, where we spend all of the money on stupid things and leave all the important stuff to private firms.

Ciscokid

Conservative but don't always vote Republican. Bush is a perfect case, get him out of office please.

SoyLeche

meh...
I voted "Conservative" - I tend to lean that diretion. Although, Neal Boortz has almost convinced me that I'm a libertarian....

c0da

I voted Liberal. I like a small government that lets people get on with things and only intervenes when needs be, and intervenes without discrimination.

Booko

Deviled Hen
~Lord Roghen~ said:
Post your Political Stance

Sorry, but Baha'is would need "No Comment" for an option.

We don't involve ourselves in politics, other than voting.

Booko

Deviled Hen
SoyLeche said:
I voted "Conservative" - I tend to lean that diretion. Although, Neal Boortz has almost convinced me that I'm a libertarian....

Neal Boortz is a conservative libertarian.
Noam Chomsky is a progressive libertarian.

There are shades of libertarian, like everything else.

fwiw

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
standing_alone said:
...I find your poll and its choices inadequate...
I concur 100%! Though I am a registered Republican, their fiscal irresponsibility and persistance in pushing the attack on SSM leave me quite dissatisfied with the GOP, while the Democrats don't seem to have a coherent plan other than 'We hate GWB."

One of the tragedies of the state of politics in the US is that third parties have very little chance to gain a foothold. A viable third party could draw enough votes to force the big two to be a little more honest.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I have never registered for a particular party.....and have become more liberal the older I get on social issues but more conservative on fiscal matters. So there ya go. A typical politicians answer. ;)