• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pls Help?

Wodan9

Ok hello.I am new here and I have a question about Asatru.I know that it is an ancestral religion and I come from Bulgaria a slavic counrty.I have felt deep connection with the gods and Germanic traditions my entire life.I mean I have started to do blots and sumbels but the only germanic people in my lineage are my first cousins.So am I welcomed in the Asatru community?

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hi and welcome. :)
I do not follow Ásatrú - but I know that 99.99999% of members would be happy for you to join. If you want to join this religion, then join it. :)

Zephyr

Moved on
Depends entirely on the community. Many of us are folkish (myself included), but there are some more universalist groups out there.

Wodan9

O btw my bulgarian ancestors used the Othala rune and many other germanic runes.And not to mention all the germanic tribes that once settled here-lombards,celts.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Well, you could have been Germanic or Norse in a past life eh? That is probably why you feel such a strong connection to those cultures. This physical body we have now is just a vessel. Follow your heart and in doing so you will know your true calling and where you should be. The spirit knows no boundaries.

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Would you accept me in a clan if you were leading a clan?(I'm just asking to see if a Folkish person would accept me)

Yes, absolutely! I am open to anyone. We are all the same energy...All is One. Odin is the All-Father, the ALL in ALL is he not? That being so, Odin is connected to all of us, not just those with a cultural connection. You are welcome. Be that which your heart wants you to be. Odin is calling you.

Wodan9

And also I would like to ask the folkish people if a person with germanic lineage has been called by the gods because of their ancestors then why are some people without that heritage who still feel the call.And one may have germanic ancestors in his family maybe in the 9 or 10 century.You cant trace your roots so far.And please exuse me if you feel attacked.I dont have anything against you.

Best wishes

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
All humanity started out from somewhere did it not? It is only our "minds" that separate us. We only "think" we are different. All is the same.

Wodan9

Yes Runewolf you reminded me something....according to one study we all have the same genes and blood I mean that each person has something like a blood connection(mild) with each other.This told me a professor who has a lot of knowledge.

Zephyr

Moved on
Would you accept me in a clan if you were leading a clan?(I'm just asking to see if a Folkish person would accept me)
As a Folkish Heathen, no. If you are a Slav, you are a Slav. I would encourage you to seek your own folksoul.

Yes, absolutely! I am open to anyone. We are all the same energy...All is One. Odin is the All-Father, the ALL in ALL is he not? That being so, Odin is connected to all of us, not just those with a cultural connection. You are welcome. Be that which your heart wants you to be. Odin is calling you.
Matter of opinion. Woden is the allfather because he is the father of many of the gods. He is no "ALL in ALL" as you say. He is the Germanic Allfather. Not the Universal.

And also I would like to ask the folkish people if a person with germanic lineage has been called by the gods because of their ancestors then why are some people without that heritage who still feel the call.And one may have germanic ancestors in his family maybe in the 9 or 10 century.You cant trace your roots so far.And please exuse me if you feel attacked.I dont have anything against you.

Best wishes
People without the heritage feel the call because they make themselves a call. They are not Germanic, they are not of the folk, and I'd encourage them to seek out their own heritage rather than look towards those foreign to them.

Zephyr

Moved on
Sorry for the akwardness in how I'm quoting here. That out of the way...

Well, you could have been Germanic or Norse in a past life eh? That is probably why you feel such a strong connection to those cultures. This physical body we have now is just a vessel. Follow your heart and in doing so you will know your true calling and where you should be. The spirit knows no boundaries.
Past lives? Who said anything about past lives? We live through our ancestors and descendants. The spirit does indeed know boundaries. If you are of a folk, you are of that folk, that's it. We don't need any New Age BS in a serious forum for Heathens.
All humanity started out from somewhere did it not? It is only our "minds" that separate us. We only "think" we are different. All is the same.
I disagree strongly.
Yes Runewolf you reminded me something....according to one study we all have the same genes and blood I mean that each person has something like a blood connection(mild) with each other.This told me a professor who has a lot of knowledge.
Mild connections mean nothing when they go back that far.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I AM of germanic descent. I have a connection with Odin and I use the Norse runes quite frequently to consult Odin. I see no reason to deny anyone of their right to explore different beliefs or cultures. I am Geman in this life, in a past life I was Native American, and in yet another one I was even African as far as I know. I am NOT a new-ager, I am a heathen and a follower of Norse culture. That is why I post here. If you don't like it too bad.

Zephyr

Moved on
I AM of germanic descent. I have a connection with Odin and I use the Norse runes quite frequently to consult Odin. I see no reason to deny anyone of their right to explore different beliefs or cultures. I am Geman in this life, in a past life I was Native American, and in yet another one I was even African as far as I know. I am NOT a new-ager, I am a heathen and a follower of Norse culture. That is why I post here. If you don't like it too bad.
A Heathen who was supposedly reincarnated from various other cultures, uses "runes quite frequently to consult Odin" and yet still "a follower of Norse culture." Tell me, what's "Heathen" about being reincarnated from foreigners and bandying about the Allfather as the "ALL in ALL"? By this logic, I might as well call myself a Muslim.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
A Heathen who was supposedly reincarnated from various other cultures, uses "runes quite frequently to consult Odin" and yet still "a follower of Norse culture." Tell me, what's "Heathen" about being reincarnated from foreigners and bandying about the Allfather as the "ALL in ALL"? By this logic, I might as well call myself a Muslim.

Who are you to put limitations on a God? To me Odin is the ALL in ALL. Odin symbolizes the energy of the Universe, not just one culture. Just because I have a different way of perceiving things does not mean that it is wrong. Whatever, I don't really care what you think anyways. I was originally trying to help out Wodan9. Personally, I welcome him. I did not come here to answer your questions.

Zephyr

Moved on
Who are you to put limitations on a God? To me Odin is the ALL in ALL. Odin symbolizes the energy of the Universe, not just one culture. Just because I have a different way of perceiving things does not mean that it is wrong. Whatever, I don't really care what you think anyways. I was originally trying to help out Wodan9. Personally, I welcome him. I did not come here to answer your questions.
If Odin symbolizes the energy of the universe, what does that make all the other gods?

I'd normally just disregard all this, but watering down Heathenry to the same level as your run-of-the-mill neopaganism is a blight on the community, and must be fought when possible.