• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please respond and help me

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I completely devote my life to saving and helping others and i go to hell, but a man who can torture someone and kill them can go to heaven. Am i the only person who has a problem with this picture?
Hey Brandon, I certainly have a problem with this, and I believe God does to.

In our analytical world, we are always trying to beta test things in our mind to see if there are conditions where black = white or where two wrongs do make a right. There are a lot opinions about WHO will make it into heaven and who won't. The big surprise will be when we all get there and many realize that they didn't quite understand the question. In short, my study and faith have taught me that we ARE what we DO. Those who love will continue to grow in love and those who hate will continue in hate. Those who serve will grow in their service and those who take will learn how to take even more. God is not mocked and a death bed conversion has little chance of fooling a God who knows our hearts.

Remember, "Whatever you did to the least of these, my children. You did it also to me!"

So when you are serving others you are still serving Christ. You are an "accidental Christian" whenever you show love.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I may be out on a limb here, but don't you guys think that while there is a possibility of an actual place with a plaque labeled "Hell", it's actually a place you resign yourself to? I know I've felt "hellfire" through some really stupid mistakes. It may be God's final decision as to where you will eternally reside, but I believe you will agree with that decision.

Your conscious and God's judgment have got to be close to the same thing.

(of course there is always the butcher cannibal (clearly wrong) who might have a clear conscious about his actions...but let's pretend such anomalies are rare).

I agree with this. Wherever we will go we will be comfortable there. Just as a Bum wouldn't feel comfortable in high society, formal, dress-up-in-a-tuxedo group. We will be comfortable in whatever place we will go to.

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
While it is neither "wrong" or "right" to be given an answer, an answer found by oneself is, in my view at least, better. The problem with being given some answers (not all) is that you get someone else's reasoning for the answer. You get someone else's thought process, not your own.

And yes, colleges and universities give answers, but not so much in the subject of philosophy at least. They give you stuff to read and then you make up your own mind and write about that. And I think that's closer to what the OP is concerned about. Finding answers in philosophy class is not so unlike finding an answer in a holy text, but quite different to finding answers in physiology class ;)

Good point, philosophy is one area wherein the growth of the mind, through the exorcise of individual reason born of knowledge, depends on the diligence of the individual to come to their own conclusions given the experiences and ideas of others.

The height to which a person may climb does depend on the information available woven into personal experience whereby conclusions and philosophies can be developed; that takes time and effort.

That is why a close relationship with our Heavenly Father is so very important. His wisdom is so far and above our own that there is no point in trying to develop our own unless we use the unpolluted foundations that He has established as a starting point.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
That is why a close relationship with our Heavenly Father is so very important. His wisdom is so far and above our own that there is no point in trying to develop our own unless we use the unpolluted foundations that He has established as a starting point.

Problem being that many people don't know what they are. Or where to look. ;)

That's why there's so much debate about it. Everyone could be right.