• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
henri-nouwen-422193.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More emails etc -

From that book I have been reading - mentioned at bottom of this site (currently first on Google - kadampa.org)

Kadampa training mind

Transforming adverse conditions (Buddhism) - yes - even without the brackets!

Happiness nourish soul - esp Elyse Santilli site?

Happiness different kinds of love

Happiness all beings compassion

Happiness samsara

Happiness accept yourself {completely} - esp Wisdom Times etc

Wisdom commons kindness - esp parent map? - seems to be a great guide but actual wisdom commons site may no longer exist?

Parent map kindness - esp scroll down but it's all worth a read ...

Even to be attached to the idea of enlightenment is to go astray -

Way of meditation zen teaching enlightenment - scroll maybe to result number 6 or so!

Buddhist books to read your path to enlightenment

High existence zen stories - plus recommended? - such as -

Zen Stories to Tell Your Neighbors

Happiness Elyse Santilli

Madness as a spiritual and awakening journey - for the gang? :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
New thread?? - same site -

This page presents a powerful range of journaling tools, developed by Peter Shepherd, to help you find the truth of your situation. You may feel stressed, or confused, there may be a lot going on and choices to make that seem a bit overwhelming. Or you may simply need time with yourself, to decide what it is you really want... and just who you are, really?

Your Inner Truth ~ by Peter Shepherd

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More advice -

Stop thinking so much and relax. We spend so much time thinking and worry about things that will never happen. How many times have you obsessed about and feared the outcome of something and it never came to fruition. You spent countless hours trying to figure out something that you have no control over, when you could just hand it over to the Universe and let it go from your mind. Which brings me to my next suggestion.

Give up controlling everything and everyone. You do not have to know how everything is going to turn out, you do not have to drive every situation to go your way and you do not have to control anyone, ever, not even yourself. Nothing good comes from control.

Comes from this site -

The key to finding happiness.

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Change your mind, change your world — isn’t that how the mantra goes? I know myself, and I can vouch that, sometimes, all it takes is one happy thought to turn my frown upside down. Granted, I’ve generally been a happy-go-lucky person from the get-go, but if you have the ability to take a bad day and make it better with a simple switch of perspective, it definitely makes you wonder whether happiness is a choice, or if some people are just born smiling. Well, according to experts, it’s a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

Of course, happiness can, and should, be considered in the context of nature versus nurture. For instance, I personally grew up in a very loving environment where I was showered with affection, and I came across multiple smiling faces every single day. This means, according to Danielle Forshee, LLC, doctor of psychology and licensed clinical social worker, that my positive outlook on life could likely be connected to the life experiences I’ve had thus far. The other side of this, Forshee tells Elite Daily, is that negative experiences can also determine how someone “views themselves and their circumstances.”

Comes from here -

Why Happiness Is A Choice You Have To Make For Yourself, According To Experts

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Instead of knee-jerk reactions, allow the time to let yourself feel your emotions and explore them, curiously, without judgment or fear. That’s not easy to do. You should pat yourself on the back if you can do this successfully.

Letting your past expectations melt away and see the situation as it truly is. This can help you process the event and even gain some insight. It may also allow you the space you need to find the right perspective and develop a plan for righting the situation or at least, mitigating it. In psychology, this is sometimes called learning to respond instead of react.

Comes from this site -

This Buddhist Parable Can Ease Your Suffering During a Crisis

All the best!