• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
italy-1587287_960_720.jpg

More mountain lakes -

9,000+ Free Mountain Lake & Lake Photos - Pixabay

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Modern Man In Search of a Soul -

With rapid change taking place in Europe, with the rise of Nazism and Fascism and Communism, it was clear that "modern man" was looking for answers in "isms." Yet, Jung had his finger on the pulse of modern society of the 1930's, noting that a man who calls himself "modern" is - like today - "solitary." And the growing gap between humanity's "psychic and physical" life. Whereas there was a shared, collective experience in centuries before, this new era was taking psychic toll, Jung thought.

And he framed it as being the difference between "aging Europe" and "young America" or the "American tempo," which continues today, although it is rapidly being overshadowed by the tempoes and youthfulness of other nations. The 21st century is not America's alone. And I think if Carl Jung were alive today, looking out at the Internet-connected world, where reflection is truly a thing of the past, he might suggest that conscious man is trying to "cheat the laws of nature" but at what cost?

Full review at this interesting site -

Jung's "Modern Man in Search of a Soul" resonates today, just as much as it did in '33

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Your magic is unique. Your way of being is a work of art formed on the basis of discoveries, disappointments, skepticism, and based on your virtues and faults, which sometimes cause you to be irresistibly chaotic, unpredictable, and authentic.

Obviously, we do not always feel like that magic is present in what we are doing. Sometimes we feel gloomy, out of place, pessimistic, burnt out, apathetic; but this happens so that we know how to tell if a new gust of pure life is coming near us.

Throughout our lives, we may experience letdowns, we may feel that we are already too old and conclude that “the past was better.” You do not realize that it is not what happens in your life that steals your magic; rather, you are the only one who is allowed to get rid of it along the way.

Don’t Let Anyone or Anything Steal Your Magic — Exploring your mind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Just more dumb "luck" in noticing this one -

The Gestalt prayer was written by Fritz Perls, a great neuropsychiatric psychoanalyst who, together with his wife Lore Posner, worked to give a simple explanation of how we create our world. Together, they helped us to understand that in our wanting to please others, we become our own executioner and that valuing our own reality is the first step toward understanding ourselves and moving forward.

I do my thing.
You do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations.
You are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are You.
I am I.

If by chance we find each other,
it’s beautiful.
If not, it can’t be helped.

I lack love for myself
when, in any attempt to please you, I betray myself.
I lack love for you
when I try to make you be the way I want
instead of accepting you the way you really are.

You are You and I am I.

Do a Gestalt prayer thread as my 4th of day??

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Great bunch of articles -

Last month, researchers from over 60 countries gathered at the International Positive Psychology Association’s 6th World Congress in Melbourne, Australia, to share cutting-edge insights on the science of well-being.

Their findings added depth and complexity to our understanding of the major keys to a flourishing life. In Melbourne, we heard about when kindness makes us happier—but also when it doesn’t. We learned how the elderly can be meaningfully engaged in helping others. We discovered many concrete ways to boost our sense of meaning in life, and how cultural differences influence the pursuit of happiness. Researchers also addressed modern obstacles to happiness—from the way we’re hooked on technology to a widespread sense of disconnection and loneliness.

However, there were several insights presented at the World Congress that stood out to me as new or surprising. Here are some of the emerging pathways to well-being that positive psychology is just beginning to explore, and the exciting potential they might hold.

Happiness

Have a good one!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another busy session at library -

Thought Experiments Archives

Creative thinking happiness - a few?

Does Being Happy Make You Less Creative? - very first is uplift connect - add a thread??? - plus gang!!

creativethinking.net thought experiments!!!

Attracting magic into your life

Enjoy!