• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
7bcb24e8c3275db24f3997a0fdbbec9c.jpg

Get firsthand insights to cancer treatments.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The aim of writing 'Transforming the Mind' was to seek key principles that can be applied by individuals to improve their lives. The approach taken was:
  • to gather the most significant principles about the mind,
  • to organize them into one system,
  • to present them in a way that is easy to understand and
  • to suggest ways this understanding can be applied by individuals to transform their minds.
I don't claim to be the originator of any of these key principles; nevertheless my attempt to find the truth commonly held by many different theorists has proven to be of value to many people.

For more details -

Personal Development Book - Transforming the Mind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When we're enthusiastically doing something, involved in an activity that is aligned with our needs and goals, of course it's easy to be positive. When everything goes badly wrong its hard not to be negative. So one cannot necessarily be classified as a positive/creative or negative/destructive person, there are all the in-between states, and in one area of our life we may be enthusiastic whilst in another, we may be deeply depressed. And this can vary over time. Nevertheless there tends to be a mean, a state that we are typically in, and that we identity with - an identity that others at least can clearly recognize.

More at this site -

Articles about Spiritual Development

Literally dozens of articles!

All the best!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
We all need to see that happiness, joy, and bliss come from having an appreciation of other people’s work and at the same time being content with what we have and what we are.

—Phakchok Rinpoche

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Same word, different meaning? “I’m happy about the new shoes I got on sale.” “I’m happy about the birth of our child.”

Do we even know what “happiness” means? We seem to have a growing obsession with “happiness,” and while I love the positive spark of this concept, I suspect we’re missing the point.

As Todd Kashdan wrote recently in The Problem with Happiness (Huffington Post), we’re going about the “pursuit of happiness” in a way that’s actually undermining wellbeing!

chase-happiness-gr.jpg

Don’t Settle for Happiness: Emotional Intelligence and Life Worth Living • Six Seconds

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In Healing the Heart of Democracy, Parker J. Palmer quickens our instinct to seek the common good and gives us the tools to do it. This timely, courageous and practical work—intensely personal as well as political—is not about them, “those people” in Washington D.C., or in our state capitals, on whom we blame our political problems. It’s about us, “We the People,” and what we can do in everyday settings like families, neighborhoods, classrooms, congregations and workplaces to resist divide-and-conquer politics and restore a government “of the people, by the people, for the people.”

Healing the Heart of Democracy • Center for Courage & Renewal

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It is vital that we remind ourselves that we are human. No one is perfect. We all make mistakes, say the wrong things, and make incorrect assumptions. When you mess up, it does not do any good to punish yourself with harsh self-talk. Forgive yourself. Say it out loud, write it in your journal, email yourself. However you want to do it, just make sure you say the words “I forgive you.” And then, move forward.

5 Things Therapy Taught Me About Being My Own Friend