• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For kind thread too? -

Pin by STJ on Health & Wellbeing | Quotes, Motivational Quotes, Mindfulness

84c918b86407e777b953fdbebb5ab061.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to conquer narcissism -

The Mayo Clinic research group defines narcissistic personality disorder as “a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.”

The causes of pathological narcissism are complex and deep-seated. Many narcissists are oblivious to their negative and often self-destructive behavioral patterns, which typically result in them experiencing life lessons the hard way. Negative consequences as the result of chronic narcissism may include some of the following:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/...eys-narcissists-change-toward-the-higher-self

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Also from a recent email -

Each and every person is in one way or another seeking to find happiness in life

In their journey, however, many people get side-tracked and forget what brings laughter into their lives, and what robs them of it. They feel lost, trying to quench their psychological thirst for happiness with substitutes that do nothing but leave them even more thirsty.

My own life’s journey was arduous and filled with obstacles that prevented me from finding contentment, but as I was growing older and maturing, I came to realize those pursuits which, instead of filling my life with happiness, were actually stealing it from me, and so I made the decision to let go of them. The result? My life was turned upside down. I found myself experiencing more joy, freedom and fulfillment.

More here -

8 Pursuits That Are Stealing Your Happiness

Cheers!

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
Greetings all!

Hope you're all well.

I thought it might be a nice idea to have at least one thread at the forum totally dedicated to hope and positivity!

I may be a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

So, feel perfectly free to share your thoughts, quotes, jokes, poems and links.

Anything at all. I don't mind.

Just as long as it is hopeful and positive.

Have a great day!

TOP THIS!
The atheist can now rationally argue that everyone receives eternal life of a worthwhile nature. This is the most positive thing I can say.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More emails ...

Empathy involves the ability to emotionally understand what another person is experiencing. Essentially, it is putting you in someone else's position and feeling what they must be feeling.

The term empathy was first introduced in 1909 by psychologist Edward B. Titchener as a translation of the German term einfühlung (meaning "feeling into"). So how exactly do sympathy and empathy differ? Sympathy involves more of a passive connection, while empathy generally involves a much more active attempt to understand another person.

Click here 4 the full article -

Why Is It Important to Use Empathy in Certain Situations?