• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
43053-Family-House-Rules.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Another watched thread that failed to excite my fellow forum members ... so far ...

Talking nonsense

I like the Seuss quote -

On where he gets his ideas: "I get all my ideas in Switzerland near the Forka Pass. There is a little town called Gletch, and two thousand feet up above Gletch there is a smaller hamlet called Über Gletch. I go there on the fourth of August every summer to get my cuckoo clock fixed. While the cuckoo is in the hospital, I wander around and talk to the people in the streets. They are very strange people, and I get my ideas from them." (He wasn't a fan of this question, apparently.)

10 Memorable Dr. Seuss Quotes for His Birthday

Came from a search of quote seuss nonsense :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some trivia ...

According to legend, which great city was founded in 753 BC?

In which year was Christopher Columbus' famous first voyage?

What was the Leaning Tower of Pisa first used for?

Istanbul was formerly known as WHAT?

For answers - click here -

https://thenewdaily.com.au/quiz-trivia/

Many other categories at that site ...

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From another recent email -

Relax your grip on thought. Be quiet and allow it to take its natural course, without your emotional investment, effort, or involvement. Observe the mind’s activity so that your original nature becomes evident, which is the unshakeable foundation upon which every experience appears—the pure, undivided presence of absolute awareness.

Stillness Speaks

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Emotional intelligence - separate thread?? Looks an interestin site -

Have you ever known people who always seem to keep their cool, who are able to handle even the most awkward social situations with grace, and who always seem to make others feel at ease? Chances are pretty high that those individuals possess what psychologists refer to as emotional intelligence.

Emotional intelligence involves the ability to understand and manage emotions. Experts agree that this type of intelligence plays an important role in success, and some have suggested that emotional intelligence might even be more important than IQ. In any case, research has suggested that emotional intelligence is linked to everything from decision-making to academic achievement.

5 Key Components of Emotional Intelligence

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
PEACE

by Leunig

Peace is my drug;
It stops the pain.
In safe reflecting rooms
Or in a lane,
Or in a park,
I will lie
And have some peace