• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please demonstrate that the creation of our universe was driven by intellect.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The thread's title is self-explanatory. Theists are invited to offer their arguments.
Thread Title:
Please demonstrate that the creation of our universe was driven by intellect.

Seems to me you have done so with your very title...

Note: Unsubstantiated claims will be terminated with extreme prejudice ...
Pray tell; are your unsubstantiated claims going to meet with the same prejudice?

If so, when is the title getting your stamp?

NulliuSINverba

This is easy. You called it a creation which would already imply a creative or intelligent/intellectual force behind its origin.

I think that you've missed the point here. The thread title does indeed incorporate the theist's presupposition that the universe was created. That's not the issue.

I'm asking for arguments that support the additional claim that intelligence was driving the creation.

Any thing you know of ever created itself?

Again: We're assuming that the creation bit is true and asking about the claim that it was driven by an intelligence.

For starters: Please explain how an intellect can exist without a physical brain. Also, please explain how a brain can exist outside of time and space.

Now. Shall we reset?

This is easy.

Have at it.

Sorry folks. We experienced a little Comprehension Turbulence, but we're past it now. The captain has extinguished the "Irrelevant Tangent" light. You are all now free to once again concentrate on the operative portion of the thread title and demonstrate that there was an intellect behind the supposed creation of the universe. Thank you.

McBell

You're off topic. However ...

Pray tell ... what unsubstantiated claims have I made?

No sooner than after you provide at least two unsubstantiated claims that I've made here.
I take that as a no?
or are you honestly not nearly as clever as you portray?

McBell

You're still on the clock and you've cited zilch.

You are invited to speak to the topic of the thread, or depart.
Your thread your rules.

So sad you refuse to apply your rules to yourself, but to each their own.

Have a nice day.

NulliuSINverba

Your thread your rules.

So sad you refuse to apply your rules to yourself, but to each their own.

Have a nice day.

Again: If you're going to make assertions, then the burden of proof rests squarely on you. The ball has been in your court this whole time. If you feel I've made unsubstantiated claims ... name 'em.