• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Define "Spiritual"

Elihoenai

You think demons aren't spiritual?
Luke 4:33

33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,

That's a good question that we should explore. Demons are Spiritual. Demons are Evil Spirits. The Devil/Demon is Elohim/God at its Lowest Form. What do you think Inverted Cross Practitioners do?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A is B, B is C, therefore A is C.
Sounds like Trinitarian theology. The Father is Jesus, Jesus is the Ghost, therefore the Ghost is the Father ... oh, wait ...

I am blü 2, blü 2 is the author of this post, therefore I am the author of this post.

But not I am blü 2, blü 2 is an igtheist, therefore an igtheist is blü 2.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Sounds like Trinitarian theology. The Father is Jesus, Jesus is the Ghost, therefore the Ghost is the Father ... oh, wait ...

I am blü 2, blü 2 is the author of this post, therefore I am the author of this post.

But not I am blü 2, blü 2 is an igtheist, therefore an igtheist is blü 2.

Yeah, so how do you know that blü 2 is an igtheist? Well, you take the scientific instrument calibrated to measure that and then you measure your brain using the instrument. But if you haven't done that it is unknown to you if you know that you are an igtheist, becasuse only objective external observation is correct to you subjectively. ;)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, so how do you know that blü 2 is an igtheist? Well, you take the scientific instrument calibrated to measure that and then you measure your brain using the instrument. But if you haven't done that it is unknown to you if you know that you are an igtheist, becasuse only objective external observation is correct to you subjectively. ;)
Not quite. Instead you notice that igtheism is an abstraction, a concept without a real referent.

And that concepts are only found in individual brains. That's why you don't trip over igtheism as you hurry down the stairs. (With cats, of course, it's a different story.)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Not quite. Instead you notice that igtheism is an abstraction, a concept without a real referent.

And that concepts are only found in individual brains. That's why you don't trip over igtheism as you hurry down the stairs. (With cats, of course, it's a different story.)

Then it is irrelevant because it is not real. Now report to the real reality authorities and get your brain ifx. ;) :D You are in grave danger, because you don't understand the real reality works. Only that independent of the mind is real. ;) :D

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
The non reality of the mind

Dear ChristineM,

Love… serenity… trust…
hate… angst… fear… All sense is created in the mind. Are they all not “non-realities of mind” to you?

If not, what makes a sense of spirituality (or a spiritual sense), less “real” to you than other senses, do you know?

Humbly
Hermit

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then it is irrelevant because it is not real. Now report to the real reality authorities and get your brain ifx. ;) :D You are in grave danger, because you don't understand the real reality works. Only that independent of the mind is real. ;) :D
I use my own brand, thanks ─ authentic real reality reality. Goes beautifully with Talisker, as you've probably noticed.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Dear ChristineM,

Love… serenity… trust…
hate… angst… fear… All sense is created in the mind. Are they all not “non-realities of mind” to you?

If not, what makes a sense of spirituality (or a spiritual sense), less “real” to you than other senses, do you know?

Humbly
Hermit

All are real to those who believe they are real.

And not real to those who don't believe them

This thread is about personal beliefs and my personal belief is that spirituality is a load of hog wash

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
This thread is about personal beliefs and my personal belief is that spirituality is a load of hog wash.

Yes, I think I got that bit from your comment to the thread, but I was curious as to why you yourself think it is that you believe in certain senses and not in others - if you do, that is. I don’t know that you do; I don’t think you said…

Humbly
Hermit

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes, I think I got that bit from your comment to the thread, but I was curious as to why you yourself think it is that you believe in certain senses and not in others - if you do, that is. I don’t know that you do; I don’t think you said…

Humbly
Hermit

As reality I don't believe gods exist, don't believe magic exists, they, like spirituality are of the mind, i.e. not real in the sense of a physical phenomenon.

Yes, like the list you produced, they are real thought, but do not physically exist

PearlSeeker

news-virtual-reality-religion-940x529.jpg

I have my own definition but I'd like to hear from y'all first.

Not really looking for a dictionary definition here. Just what it means to you personally.
"Path to spiritual maturity is path to essential. In time details loose their attraction. They used to be important but gradually the sight of a spiritual man focuses on what remains." (Tomaš Špidlik)

Gargovic Malkav

Luke 4:33

33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,

That's a good question that we should explore. Demons are Spiritual. Demons are Evil Spirits. The Devil/Demon is Elohim/God at its Lowest Form. What do you think Inverted Cross Practitioners do?

By "Inverted Cross Practitioners", do you mean people who just that; People who follow God at its Lowest Form?
Then I guess in that frame of reference it makes sense what you say.

Elihoenai

By "Inverted Cross Practitioners", do you mean people who just that; People who follow God at its Lowest Form?
Then I guess in that frame of reference it makes sense what you say.
The Inverted Cross Practitioners are the Few Elect that are Totally Devoted to Devil/Satan. The Totally Devoted to Satan/Devil is Real Evil Incarnation. Examples of Inverted Cross Practitioners are Marquis de Sade, Sabbatean-Frankist and Aleister Crowley.

Fury Ending Credits