• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Platinum Jublilee 2022 (UK) Concert..OMG

JIMMY12345

This was watched by one billion people worldwide.It can be seen on the internet if you did not see it live.
My favourite was Queen/Adam Lambert , Diversity,Andrea Botticelli and Diana Ross.There was an amazing fourteen year old drummer and if you watch the hilarious opening sequence with Paddington bear.You will learn how to pronounce Marmalade correctly.
For those who watched or will watch what did you think.?For those who intend to watch 5 mins beware.This concert is highly addictive viewing.

JIMMY12345

The drummer is actually 12 according to this:

Jubilee concert: We speak to drummer Nandi Bushell - CBBC Newsround

The music wasn't my cup of tea, but the general atmosphere and obvious appreciation for the Queen was quite moving, and the whole thing rather typical of what the Brits do on such occasions. I did watch it all - whilst doing other things. :oops:
My guess is your younger.Cliff Richard did say he would have loved to perform.However he acknowledged it was time to move over to a younger generation.Post war nationalism and the monarchy was entrenched into the national psyche.The Queens photo adorned everywhere in the Commonwealth from Kenya to India to Australia. However it is natural the monarchy will have to re-brand post war years. Prince William and Kate look a sensible couple my regret is not be around to listen to what sort of "modern music" they will play at their platinum jubilee.Entirely possible given medical advances.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My guess is your younger.Cliff Richard did say he would have loved to perform.However he acknowledged it was time to move over to a younger generation.Post war nationalism and the monarchy was entrenched into the national psyche.The Queens photo adorned everywhere in the Commonwealth from Kenya to India to Australia. However it is natural the monarchy will have to re-brand post war years. Prince William and Kate look a sensible couple my regret is not be around to listen to what sort of "modern music" they will play at their platinum jubilee.Entirely possible given medical advances.
Nah, I'm rather older, and if you notice some of the music in my signature (if you see such), you'll notice it is rather of the 60s and 70s. Plus I have never been fond of Pop music as music of choice, especially when there is a lot better out there if one looks for it. I'd also rather see the monarchy gone as an institution, just as a principle, but I haven't anything particularly against the Queen. I was at the Queen's coronation - but merely in the crowd - not getting an invite for some reason. :oops: