• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planned Parenthood and Abortion

huajiro

jindy said:
In reading the introduction to this thread the autor stated that uneducated opinions were not welcomed, and indeed would not be replied to.

However, upon reading the rest of the thread I found it difficult to respond with anything other than an 'opinion'. Descriptions such as, 'killing centers' and 'chambers' (which hark back to the Holocaust) are being purposefully used to invoke emotion (either for or against) and are so value-ladden that the rest of the script becomes nothing more than a platform for agressive anti-abortion lobbying.

If it is an educated response that is wanted one must begin with a neutral description of the facts.

If I have offended the author of the statement, I apologise. But an educated debate, necessarily requires an educated value-free opening.
I think it was to keep un-educated people like me from making strange comments:bonk:

linwood

I have something to add to this really old thread.
Some answers to the questions I raised earlier.

This past Monday I attended a strategy meeting with a local youth group about the best course of opposition to the Christian push for abstinence only education in my city.

Marylin Anderson the Southwest & Central Florida Director of Education for Planned Parenthood was there offering reference material and strategy for this battle.

I took the opportunity to try and clarify a few thing we discussed here earlier.

There was a question about PP pushing abortion.
Mrs. Anderson told me her counselors use whats called "Option Counselling" in an attempt to avoid harming a womans mental condition.

In essence it works like this..

If a woman comes into a counselors office pregnant and is emotionally distraught ..
"I`m too young to be a mother, I have no financial support, I can`t raise this child, what am I going to do?"
The counselor then speaks of both abortion and adoption options but does not bring up the option of keeping and raising the child because of the trauma that might cause a woman who has obviously already decided not to keep the baby and is already wrestling with the guilt that can be associated with that choice.

If a woman comes in and says...
"I don`t know what to do, I want this child but cannot afford it, the father has dissappeared and no one will help me."

Then the counselor gives them information on their programs for free pre-natal care, child care, job forces, federal help for single mothers and other options they can use to help raise thier children.

They do not bring up the options of adoption or abortion because this woman has already decided she wants the child so again it could cause emotional trauma.

I would like to mention that I did not pre-phrase my question to gain any particular action.
I merely asked her how a typical first contact counselling session goes and these are the answers I was given.

It works for me.

Reactions: Pah

robtex

Veteran Member
johnnys4life said:
Why should I care about Planned Parenthood?
This is the largest, most powerful, most effective pro-abortion, anti-life, anti-family, anti-Christian force in the U.S. and internationally.
For my clarification could you please:

1) could you please explain the difference to you for anti life and pro abortion...in your estimation what is it specific differences that make one anti life as opposed to pro abortion...

2) I went to their website and was unable to find any anti christian pages on it. could you please list those pages for me?

3) Going back to the planned parenthood pages I was unable to find any attacks on the family by the organization. Could you please post the specific pages where planned parenthood speaks about being anti-family.

4) Given you the numbers you posted on abortion could you please construct an alternative solution where there is not abortion and how these children will be cared for.

5) how many children have you personally adopted and what is the average adoption number of the members of the anti abortion organization you belong to.

6) for me, and this is just from me, I like to have opinions of experts in the various fields that I am learning about..could you please give me a medical reference made by a certified medical doctor who supports your specific claims and is aligned with your organization or a tangent one.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Sorry Robtex, but I doubt that you'll be getting a response. Johnnys4Life hasn't posted for a while. I'd be interested in her response, as well, but I'm doubting that you'll get one.

TVOR

Scott1

The Voice of Reason said:
Sorry Robtex, but I doubt that you'll be getting a response. Johnnys4Life hasn't posted for a while. I'd be interested in her response, as well, but I'm doubting that you'll get one.

TVOR
I am sad to say that TVOR is right....... we miss you J4L !! COME BACK SOON!:(

Pah

Uber all member
SOGFPP said:
I am sad to say that TVOR is right....... we miss you J4L !! COME BACK SOON!:(
She makes an appearence now and then but hasn't posted in the forums or her blog. In fact, It was today or yesterday that she signed in.

Bob