• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planned Parenthood and Abortion

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
All I ask is that anyone who wants to leave a comment on what I'm about to say please read my comments entirely. I will not reply to people who are stating their own opinion without facts and are ignorant to my argument. I encourage you to educate yourself on this issue before you take a stance. This took me a lot of time and effort to compile, so please be respectful as I will be respectful to you, especially if you are sincerely trying to understand this issue and not just airing an uneducated opinion.
Thanks.

Why should I care about Planned Parenthood?
This is the largest, most powerful, most effective pro-abortion, anti-life, anti-family, anti-Christian force in the U.S. and internationally.
1. The Planned Parenthood Federation of America is one of over 90 national affiliates of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (London). It gets about two-thirds of its U.S. financing through tax money, local, state, and national. It has five regional offices, about 160 statewide affiliates, over 900 local clinics in the U.S. Over 70 of its clinics do abortions. Its total annual cash flow is almost one-half billion dollars ($472 MILLION in 1995). It concentrates its efforts on abortion, contraception, and sex education.
How many abortions does Planned Parenthood do?
The number increases each year as it converts more of its clinics to killing centers. In 1985 it had 51 chambers which killed 110,000. By 1994 it had 70 which killed 134,000. Every year, it refers to other facilities almost as many abortions as it does itself.
Was Planned Parenthood always pro-abortion?
In its early years of existence, Planned Parenthood limited itself to contraception and specifically opposed abortion, even though it’s founder did not.
The following is a quote from an official Planned Parenthood pamphlet :

"Is birth control an abortion?" "Definitely not. An abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun. It is dangerous to your life and health. It may make you sterile so that when you want a child you cannot have it. Birth control merely post-pones the beginning of life." Planned Parenthood, Aug. 1963 Available from Cincinnati Right to Life, P.O. Box 24073, Cinn., OH 45224, $3. pp. (Emphasis is mine)

But Margaret Sanger, its founder, opposed abortion.
1. Not so! Not only did she favor abortion, but she proposed forced sterilization for those whom she considered unfit to reproduce. She worked hard for a "race of thoroughbreds" until Hitler’s similar "Master Race" made that goal unpopular. She was a true eugenicist. For example, her April 1933 Birth Control Review, devoted an entire edition to eugenic sterilization.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Is Planned Parenthood lawful?

Not necessarily.
Family Planning Associations should not use the absence of law or the existence of an unfavorable law as an excuse for inaction. Action outside the law, and even in violation of it, is part of the process of stimulating change . . . of fertility regulation services or specific methods." Art. 106, p. 28, Int. P.P. Fed., Nov. 1983
There have been many anecdotal cases by people who have witnessed Planned Parenthood’s “doctors” who, having performed an “unsuccessful” abortion in which the child was born alive, have illegally suffocated to death or allowed the child to die in the trash can or a bed pan. These atrocities were covered up by Planned Parenthood’s organization, and charges were not filed. For more information on this, please watch for the posts that I intend on writing on this subject.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Is Planned Parenthood anti-Christian?
Yes. Note that on their website they say they want to help all people regardless of race, origin, etcetera, but religion is not listed.

Planned Parenthood has promoted a pro-abortion "comic book," geared for teenagers, entitled Abortion Eve. On the back cover is a caricature of the "Assumption of the Blessed Virgin" depicting a pregnant Mary with the idiot face of Mad magazine’s Alfred E. Neumann. The caption says, "What, me worry?"

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Is planned Parenthood harmful to women?

I have heard the expression, “a woman has a right to choose”, that sounds very compassionate towards women. Does Planned Parenthood care about women’s reproductive health?

Not exactly, the expression “Pro-Choice” was a marketing strategy made up by pro-abortive organizations (Particularly those who were making a large profit off of abortion.)

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Pro-“choice” Propaganda:
Excerpts quoted from: Abortion Facts. Com

Why Can’t We Love Them Both?
) The abortion industry renewed its commitment to never talk about the passenger inside of the woman. They realized that when they debated the fact of whether or not this is a baby, they consistently lost and pro-life teaching was consistently effective. Ultrasound and other medical advances played a major part in confirming this. Their conclusion was to never talk about what is inside of her. 2) The second conclusion was that pro-abortion forces should quit arguing about abortion itself. They recognized that when the facts of abortion was debated, the pro-life side consistently won.
3) They changed the question. Unable to win debating the issue as they saw it on pro-life terms, they cleverly changed the question. They changed it from "Is abortion right or wrong"? to "Who decides, the woman or the government? We believe that the government should stay out of this very private matter. The real question here is about a woman’s right to choose." It takes only a moment to realize that this is an entirely different question. Over a period of several years, by paid advertisements, by all pro-abortion leaders using the same party line, and by the enthusiastic cooperation of the liberal media, they largely succeeded in changing the terms of the debate.
Many political candidates were led to believe that the sleeping "pro-choice giant" had awakened and would now sweep all. Judging this to be a turning of the tide, many politicians across the country, who had been nominally pro-life, now became openly pro-abortion. They jumped to the side they perceived to be winning, in order to be popular. With this there was a loss of pro-life political strength.
The effect of this strategy was this: the logic of the public had been: "I am convinced that this is a living human from conception, that it is a human rights issue, and that abortion kills babies. Therefore abortion is wrong and we must work to stop it." This had changed to "I am convinced that this is a living human from conception, I believe that abortion is wrong, I would not support it or have one myself. But, I am also convinced that a woman has the right to choose to have an abortion and therefore I will not seek laws to abolish it."
Simply stated, the change was as follows. Only a few years ago, when a person was convinced that this was a baby, they then concluded that abortion must be stopped. Now, because of the "pro-choice" argumentation, even though they know it’s a baby, that person now says that abortion should be allowed. This held potentially catastrophic effects.
Coloring everything in terms of public opinion we discovered that a significant percent of the general public feels that pro-lifers are not compassionate to women.

On the contrary, pro-lifers, far beyond others in our culture and certainly beyond abortion proponents, are compassionate to women. We respect and value all human life. What is needed, therefore, is to shout from the housetops the details of the pro-life movement’s obvious compassion for women. Many of them, such as myself ARE women. There is even a feminist organization that recognizes that abortion hurts women. To visit a liberal feminist website that is pro-life, please lookup “Silent No More”.
“Choice” is such a pleasant word to use isn’t it? We all have good associations with the ability to choose things in our life. We all want control over our own lives. The pro-abortive movement knows that quite well, and they are getting rich off of this clever marketing strategy. Planned Parenthood is actually making a profit off of abortion, in the amount of more than 30 million dollars a year. So, who told you that a woman should have the right to choose to kill her child in the womb for any reason whatsoever? Well, they did. The pro-abortive movement made up the slogan themselves. Why did you believe them?
Once a woman is pregnant, barring a miscarriage or an induced abortion, she does have a baby inside her. Therefore, her only choice is, "How is the baby going to come out, alive and breathing, or dead and in pieces?”
You will NEVER hear Planned Parenthood refer to themselves as a pro-abortion organization. Check their website. But I will proudly say, I am anti-abortion!

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
One may argue, but the unborn child is not a real person, so it’s death is inconsequential, it should be a mother’s choice whether it lives or not.
Not a person?
Isn’t it?
Fetal development:
When does the heart begin to beat?
1. At 18 days [when the mother is only four days late for her first menstrual period], and by 21 days it is pumping, through a closed circulatory system, blood whose type is different from that of the mother. J.M. Tanner, G. R. Taylor, and the Editors of Time-Life Books, Growth, New York: Life Science Library, 1965, p.
When is the brain functioning?
Brain waves have been recorded at 40 days on the Electroencephalogram (EEG). H. Hamlin, "Life or Death by EEG," JAMA, Oct. 12, 1964, p. 120
Brain function, as measured on the Electroencephalogram, "appears to be reliably present in the fetus at about eight weeks gestation," or six weeks after conception. J. Goldenring, "Development of the Fetal Brain," New England Jour. of Med., Aug. 26, 1982, p. 564
Only several generations ago, doctors used the ending of respiration to measure the end of human life.
This is no longer true, for the use of artificial ventilators is common. Only one generation ago, doctors were using the ending of the heartbeat to measure the end of human life. This is no longer true, for now the heart can be stopped and restarted for different operations. It also may stop during a heart attack and sometimes can be restarted.
Today, the definitive and final measure of the end of human life is brain death. This happens when there is irreversible cessation of total brain function. The final scientific measurement of this is the permanent ending of brain waves. Since all authorities accept that the end of an individual’s life is measured by the ending of his brain function (as measured by brain waves on the EEG), would it not be logical for them to at least agree that individual’s life began with the onset of that same human brain function as measured by brain waves recorded on that same instrument?

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Saying that an unborn child is “not a human” is a serious and evil prejudice, akin to that used against blacks in the past.

In 1857 the U.S. Supreme Court decided the Dred Scott Decision. By a 7-2 vote it ruled that black people were not "legal persons," that they were the property of the slave owner, who was granted the basic constitutional right to own a slave. Abolitionists protested, to be met with this answer: "We understand you oppose slavery and find it morally offensive. That is your privilege. You don’t have to own a slave if you don’t want to. But, don’t impose your morality on the slave owner. He has the constitutionally protected right to choose to own a slave."
2. Today the conflict is abortion, and the very same argument is used. In 1973 the U.S. Supreme Court, by a 7-2 decision, ruled that unborn humans were not "legal persons," that they were the property of the owner (the mother) who was given the basic constitutional right to choose to kill her unborn offspring. Pro-lifers have protested, to be met with the same answer . . . "

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Does abortion hurt women?
Often, the answer is absolutely yes.
For a lot of women, it doesn’t end with the abortion. It can impact the rest of her life. There can be physical complications. Perhaps more important, for many, is the emotional aftermath that can result. Note that abortion is the ONLY surgery that requires “post-operative” psychological counseling. Many women suffer depression and even attempt suicide after having an abortion. Some even succeed.

Doesn't abortion decrease the number of pregnancies?
No, after abortion became legal, the number of pregnancies among unmarried women actually increased. Planned Parenthood's agenda is to teach women that they can have sex as much as they want and not have to face the consequences.

1. Faye Wattleton, Pres. of P.P., said, "I make it very clear. If you’re not clear where you stand on the abortion issue, if you’re worried that birth control for teenagers encourages promiscuity . . . this [P.P] is not the kind of outfit you’re comfortable with." "The Faye Wattleton Comeback," P. Span, Wash. Post, Oct. 14, 1987

2. Planned Parenthood is not a medical organization from the very beginning, it’s founder, Margaret Sanger, knew very little about anatomy and medicine. Now anyone can perform an abortion legally as long as they have a PHD attached to their name, this means psychologists as well. This may in fact occur, if you consider this:

Planned Parenthood acknowledges it has employee morale problems as it states in the document: "we have often struggled to attract and sustain the workforce we need to serve our clients and other stakeholders." True health care organizations can offer their employees the knowledge that they are offering their patients services that will restore their health and better their lives. But, as this plan shows, PP is NOT a health care organization and cannot offer its employees any such comfort.

If they are so concerned about women’s health, why do they ignore the fact that the largest organization of certified obstetricians believe partial-birth abortion should be illegal? Instead they continue to promote partial-birth abortion even after the American Medical Association supported a ban on the procedure.
This is an excerpt from an official letter from the AMA:

“The American Medical Association (AMA) is writing to support HR 1122, "The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 1997," as amended. Although our general policy is to oppose legislation criminalizing medical practice or procedure, the AMA has supported such legislation where the procedure was narrowly defined and not medically indicated. HR 1122 now meets both those tests.“ (Emphasis is mine)
To view the entire document, please visit www.gargaro.com/ama.html or http://www.alliance4lifemin.org/ama.html or just do an internet search on your own.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Rabid anti-Planned Parenthood like this never fails to astound me. I'd like to know where you got the idea that PP is anti-Christian, seeing as how their mission statement is strangely devoid of parading anti-Christian morals. And.. anti-family? Have you even READ their mission statement?

"[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It [reproductive freedom] helps ensure that children will be wanted and loved, that families will be strong and secure, and that choice rather than chance will guide the future of humanity.[/font][/font]"

I honestly don't see anything other than rabid anti-abortion sentiments in your post. Planned Parenthood is just the convenient thing to attack, it seems.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Isn't Planned Parenthood a women's health care organization?
Not really. Although PP proclaims itself as a "health care" organization, it doesn't see a cure for cervical cancer, or stopping the spread of pelvic inflammatory disease or chlamydia as its number one goal. Rather, it will focus on making sure that sex is celebrated! Thus PP's #1 goal is the same as its founder's (Margaret Sanger) #1 goal in 1916 - uninhibited sex. (For more information on Margaret Sanger, please refer to my comments on the thread concerning the partial birth abortion ban.)
None of the products Planned Parenthood will be bringing to us are intended to treat a woman whose body is malfunctioning. All of them have the intention of taking a woman whose body is operating in a perfectly normal manner and make it operate abnormal. This is a strange concept of health care.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Jensa, they can say whatever they want in their mission statement, the facts speak for themselves. I encourage you to actually look up what they are doing in the world, especially who they are funding. I am simply stating the facts as I find them. Planned Parenthood is under attack by many people who are sick of their lies and propaganda and their perpetual attack against premature infants.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Judge for yourselves, you can see with your own eyes that abortion is unethical. For photographs of aborted fetuses, to show how human they may or may not be, please visit: http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources/abortionimages/index.htm
If it doesn’t work, try going to priestsforlife.org and clicking on the words: America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion.
Note that a woman who has an abortion is never shown her dead child. If she were, the rate of women using Planned Parenthood and other abortion industries as birth control would seriously decline, and there would be a lot more truth in the world, and a lot more women who have serious guilt problems, and RIGHTLY SO!

If you do not wish to see these pictures because they are too horrible, you are right. Abortion is horrible, and so is Planned Parenthood. Maybe you should ask yourself why you feel these pictures are so awful if they represent a cause that you believe in, and rethink your position. Look at a healthy, living infant, then look at these pictures. A lot of times the only difference is that one is slightly smaller and dead.
Let’s put an end to this injustice for good!!! Please visit:
www.all.org/stopp

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Stop the selfish murders of millions of premature and full-term babies every year. Give others the opportunity to grow and not be brutally poisoned, cut apart and stabbed to death! No child in America is an unwanted child. There are SO many couples who desperately want to adopt a baby! I would!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
johnnys4life said:
Judge for yourselves, you can see with your own eyes that abortion is unethical. For photographs of aborted fetuses, to show how human they may or may not be, please visit: http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources/abortionimages/index.htm
If it doesn’t work, try going to priestsforlife.org and clicking on the words: America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion.
Do you honestly think a group of priests is the most reliable source on abortion? I'd eat my shoes if those pictures were anything other than photoshopped.

Note that a woman who has an abortion is never shown her dead child. If she were, the rate of women using Planned Parenthood and other abortion industries as birth control would seriously decline, and there would be a lot more truth in the world, and a lot more women who have serious guilt problems, and RIGHTLY SO!
I'm glad you're so righteous. Have you thought of doing anything other than condemning people to try and put a stop to abortion?

Of course they aren't shown the mass of cells sucked out of their uterus. Why would they go through the trouble of taking apart the machine to go, "Hey, look! This came out of your uterus!"?

If you do not wish to see these pictures because they are too horrible, you are right.
Yea, horrible. Horribly photoshopped.

Abortion is horrible, and so is Planned Parenthood.
Because god forbid a woman have a say in what happens to her body.. And god forbid someone prevent and unloved child come into the world.. Good grief, there are just as many serial killers prevented by abortions as geniuses. Probably moreso, considering there are more serial killers than geniuses.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you feel these pictures are so awful if they represent a cause that you believe in, and rethink your position. Look at a healthy, living infant, then look at these pictures. A lot of times the only difference is that one is slightly smaller and dead.
Let’s put an end to this injustice for good!!! Please visit:
www.all.org/stopp
The only reason these pictures are "awful" is because they've been manipulated to serve propoganda purposes.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
johnnys4life said:
Stop the selfish murders of millions of premature and full-term babies every year. Give others the opportunity to grow and not be brutally poisoned, cut apart and stabbed to death! No child in America is an unwanted child. There are SO many couples who desperately want to adopt a baby! I would!
Oh, sure, it's easy to say that.. everyone wants perfectly healthy white male children. There's plenty of kids waiting to be adopted. There don't need to be more added to the list.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Jensa, I will not reply to your messages as you have not presented me with one single fact other than a quote from Planned Parenthood's website, which I have in fact visited and read thoroughly, and know to be completely useless.

Photoshopped? That is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard on this subject. You are living in complete denial of reality. Abortions do in fact occur during the 3rd trimester. Even pro-abortion groups have had to admit to that in recent years!
I will not reply to any more of your comments until you are living in the actual world.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
johnnys4life said:
Photoshopped? That is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard on this subject. You are living in complete denial of reality. Abortions do in fact occur during the 3rd trimester. Even pro-abortion groups have had to admit to that in recent years!
I will not reply to any more of your comments until you are living in the actual world.
I hate when people refuse to actually debate and just toss dogma around. Then, when faced with evidence their dogma may be wrong, call you insane/stupid/murderer and refuse to think they might be wrong. :(

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
johnnys4life said:
This is the largest..... anti-family, anti-Christian force in the U.S. and internationally.

Funny... I thought that was us homosexuals.... hmmm. :sarcastic

Anyway, you have a right to your opinion of Planned Parenthood. I believe they provide a much needed service to a segment the public that otherwise wouldn't have anywhere else to go.