• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitch your religion!

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
My religion would merely be a combination of Deism and Islam as I practice now :D. A religion which does not deny imperfections. It shall not contain superstitions, absurd rhetoric, blind faith or promote violence. I am heavily inspired by the fictional religion Buddhislam in the Dune series.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Where do you want me to throw it?

I am waiting, throw it to me :D
Catchers-Mitt.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
The world is how you make it
Everything that exists is all that is possible up til now
Your life only sucks if you have poor optimism
All beliefs are correct to the person who believes them
Anything can be true if you think so

Almustafa

heres a pitch for a religion;

its the teaching of immortality; anyone who adopts these teachings discovers Immortality. pure & simple....

Non-dualist philosophy:
-Monism; all is one
-Pantheism;all is God
-liberation teaching; this path will result in liberation from the bonds of relative existence.

worship of the Cosmic person;
-The Divine Mother; for the purpose of devotion all nature is seen as our Parent, like a loving mother...

God is Cosciousness- since all nature is God, the path to transcendence starts with realizing that all nature is Consciousness, the same consciousness within your body & all beings.

dissolving the mind in the One Consciousness; the mind after unbroken contemplation & meditation forgets all names & forms & abides as the absolute.

I am Consciousness, I am God- realize that you are the one true consciousness the supreme existing equally everywhere.

You are God, You are Consciousness absolute- all beings arise within this self, & thus all beings are this one self, all beings are manifestations of you with different upbringing, opinions, & set of values... Thus all beings are you

-all is one God, we are all one God; thus all beings are avatars! all forms are avatars of that formless God!
-all life is sacred & all life is equal in importance... trees, people, dogs, cats, flies, etc. all forms of the formless one.

Form & Formlessness; Form is formlessness given form, Form is an illusion, Formlessness is Consciousness.

Death; Death is the primordial state of formlessness, in the beginning we are dead, in the middle we are alive, & in the end we are once again dead...
Death being formless is the immortal state of the deathless, Death is our true self.
-Death is feared by the ego because Death is God, & for the ego to die is to once again be one as God.

-Long hair- traditionally the Sage wore long hair in the Vedas(kesin hymn)

-robes that are of the color of fire- as in the kesin hymn, the robes of fire represent the burning away of ignorance, the "color of FIRE" translates to yellow, red, or orange...

scriptures;
kesin hymn(rig-veda)
heart sutra
huang po doctrine of one mind
tao te ching
Hua hu ching
Bhagavad gita
avadhuta gita
Atmabodha
upanishads

yoga practice; Yoga teachings are accepted as ways to liberation
-meditation; it is the WAY

Code of Values;
Naturalness
simplicity
genuineness
compassion
mindfulness

A-Ghora(lit. never impure) nothing is impure, or imperfect, all is consciousness! all is God!
so rather the attitude becomes the determinant factor...
-only ignorance is sin.
-Knowledge is the Salvation.

SoMa Plant- this is interpreted to mean Ganja, which in the bible is associated with the tree of life, but in the vedas is the plant used to brew a magic drink that inspired the poets.

Tantric Sex- sex is seen as a natural thing for humans and instead of promoting abstinence encourages people to use sex to grow spiritually

asceticism & vegetarianism- its encouraged, but not entirely important.

Love; last but not least is Love, without love its all a waste of time, ignorance obscures our love & meditation brings the love in each of us out...

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Thank you, first of all, for putting up a post for me to express my beliefs that so few are aware of.

Anyway, my religion is Earthseed. More fairly I could say, I am Earthseed. I know of no other member, practicing or non, that has accepted my ways as theirs. Earthseed is a religion that teaches God is Change. In other words, there is no supream being that controls us, but change is as close as it comes. It is an inescapable, unpredictable, powerful force that is the only certain thing in life. :eek: A bit of a suprise to find a relation with god that really isn't a "God".

Earthseed is built on the thought that, if we can harness the knowledge and experience of everyone willing, we can unlock the secrets to life. Earthseed is about the destiny- To take root among the stars. To believe in Earthseed is to believe in yourself and the power you have to fufill your dreams. :rolleyes:

Earthseed is not a comforting religion. No one is watching over you, protecting you, guiding you. All you have to lean on is your power, and the power your friendships create.

To learn more visit my website (still under construction) click here

I'm sold! I am a budding syntheist looking to be more involved in your religion! It's hard finding people who essentially believe this, but I am a very firm believer of the theology of syntheism and Earthseed in general! I'm glad that I did a general search of Earthseed and found you because your website and religion is the religion I've actually believed since I was 14! I didn't have to read Parable of the Sower to come to the realization that God is change, I came to believe it myself during an epiphany I had.

It's nice to meet you!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Exaltism

My religion is Exaltism. It is a denomination of Earthseed.

Think of it like this:

Monotheism ; Syntheism
Christianity ; Earthseed
Moravian Church
; Exaltism

We uphold the three concepts of Earthseed that (1) God is change, (2) Shape God and (3) It is our destiny to take root among the stars.

It goes beyond that though. Exaltists believe in trinitarian pantheism; The Omniverse, Entropy and Extropy. And that it is not only our destiny to take root among the stars, but to also create the most life possible throughout the entire Universe and beyond it. The Kardashev Scale is used as a means to measure the divinity of humankind. And there's ten divine attributes: totality, essentiality, eternity, ubiquity, potency - held by Ultimate Nature, and utility, generosity, sagacity, sovereignty and unity - held by Ultimate Humanity. We are currently between the stages of global sovereignty and global unity. After we finish global unity we will work on the Kardashev Scale, until we use so much energy that we create the Syntheos of The Omniverse, awaken it, and its changes will make the most amount of creative, intelligent life possible in a continuous, forever pattern. When this happens there will be a near-infinite amount of Omniversal creations done by the forces of near-infinite entropy and extropy. Positive energy (matter), negative energy (space), entropy and extropy all contribute to the creation of a more divine God. Our Universe has an almost infinite amount of negative energy and entropy, but needs us to create more positive energy and extropy. That is why we exist; to create God; when we create God from ourselves and our environment, it will create the most life that we can be generous with through and through.

I am a syntheist. I am a pantheist. I am an Earthseed Shaper. And I'm an Exaltist. All four ideas are fully apparent in Exaltism. I may be the only Exaltist but I'm not the only member of Earthseed. @godischange @The Sum of Awe

MonkeyFire

I believe in The temple of infinity. We are measureless in capacity, we believe in fire, faith, divine feminine beauty, relative perfection and morality, and a lot more.