• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picking rehabs old folks homes

Riders

So the fireman wh6 rescue d me because I called them too much to help me stand up off my couch told me I'm not mobile enough to live alone.

So I let him take me to the hospital. I chose to come back to the old folks home I was in 7 years ago.

There is another place I could get rehab from that's better then here. But I selected this place because I am familiar with them so not so scared.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Having that feeling of home and community are very important. A very small rest home in my area glows with those elements, and although I only visit, if there comes a day I need to make my home there, I would be content.

Wishing you the same..........

Riders

So far so good.I have not experienced any abuse.How we very my bed is too small. Also I need to talk to the dietician.I have been eating too many sweets.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So I am dealing with my situation ok. 2 or 3 nurses have said they remember me.

I can not stand yet but physical therPists are helping me exercise on the edge of the bed so I can start standing up.
I'm glad you're getting the help you need.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Diet and exercise and you will be able to go home. I worked in a home for a while where one male resident was so huge that it was frightening to work with him at times. At first it would take four of us using a Hoyer to get him into bed. He was on this order, but taller, which made it worse:

1714026104402.png

He had to learn how to cooperate with people helping him and by the time he went home he could stand without a Hoyer and it took only one person for most of his needs. He was still almost that large, but knowing how to move safely is a talent that you can learn.