• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philosophically Pure Edifice?

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
In my Classical Literature class this upcoming Friday we will be playing with Legos. That's right, Legos. However, we are supposed to be constructing what my teacher calls "philosophically pure edifices." We've sort of borrowed the Legos in philosophy idea from Sophie's World, which we are reading.

Anyway, I've been thinking pretty hard about what kind of building I'm going to create, and the answer still eludes me. How can anything be philosophically pure? The only thing I think of as philosophically pure is an honest question. I mean, should I make a question mark?

I have no idea what I will be doing yet, but I just want to get some feedback from everyone here as to what they would consider a philsophically pure edifice. It would definitely be helpful.

So, what do you think?

Dunemeister

Unless you have some idea what "philosophically pure" might mean, the project's a non-starter. What do you think "philosophically pure" means?

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
Unless you have some idea what "philosophically pure" might mean, the project's a non-starter. What do you think "philosophically pure" means?
I have no idea. Is it symmetry? Is it a structure that spreads out in random directions like the way philosophy branches off into various forms of thought, but still with some holes?

All he told us is that it may not be a cave. A likely reference to Plato's Cave.

Should it be a uniform color?

Dunemeister

I'm not a kinisthetic learner, so I wouldn't know where to begin with this project, and I'm sure I'd get an F.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I'm not a kinisthetic learner, so I wouldn't know where to begin with this project, and I'm sure I'd get an F.
I'm not sure if we can fail it. We'll figure it out as we go along, and he's pretty lenient. He allows us to have basically any opinion we want so long as we back it up. So, he will most likely leave it to me to determine what I consider "philosophically pure."

I was just hoping to get ideas from people here on how they'd define it.

Dunemeister

Naw, I'd fail it. I'd hand in nothing and say, "there's your edifice." And if he were nutbarrish enough to pass me, well... I'd be shopping for a new professor post haste. :D

In my Classical Literature class this upcoming Friday we will be playing with Legos. That's right, Legos. However, we are supposed to be constructing what my teacher calls "philosophically pure edifices." We've sort of borrowed the Legos in philosophy idea from Sophie's World, which we are reading.

Anyway, I've been thinking pretty hard about what kind of building I'm going to create, and the answer still eludes me. How can anything be philosophically pure? The only thing I think of as philosophically pure is an honest question. I mean, should I make a question mark?

I have no idea what I will be doing yet, but I just want to get some feedback from everyone here as to what they would consider a philsophically pure edifice. It would definitely be helpful.

So, what do you think?

Photons are pure, so why not make a beam of light?