• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal/Private Journals

Private journals: is this something you would be interested in?

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Which I answered each and every time you brought it up until I realized you weren't listening to the answers I was giving you.

This is not an answer which addresses the concern I described. :handpointdown:

Oh for **** sake.

Non-members wouldn't have the option of creating an anonymous account in the first place. How many times do I have to tell you that?

If you notice, you are saying that you have repeatedly told me that non-members cannot create anom-accounts. But that has nothing to do with the concern I was describing. It's not even close. So, there were repeated misunderstandings.

Okay now you're just taking everything out of context and twisting my words to paint yourself as a poor victim.

I disagree. You literally said: "none of that is true" and it was all true. I don't feel like a poor victim. And I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm simply responding to your posts. Nothing more nothing less.

If it makes you feel good to believe that you go right ahead.

Anybody who, for whatever reason, has any interest in knowing what actually happened can just read back through this thread, although I can't imagine anybody being that bored.

You've said what you had to say, repeatedly as a matter of fact, and as unnecessary and off topic as almost all of it was you've had your say now and I don't see any point in continuing this conversation with you.

I don't feel any way about it. I'm completely neutral about it. It's true/false. No emotion is involved at all.

It's true that you ridiculed me and another when they presented their thoughts as requested in the OP. I could ask why. But I honestly don't care.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Who cares?

Who cares that sharing their thoughts per the OP results in ridicule and eventually false personal statements about them?

I don't know. I think most people should care if that is what should be expected when a new feature is brought up for discussion.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Who cares that sharing their thoughts per the OP results in ridicule and eventually false personal statements about them?

I don't know. I think most people should care if that is what should be expected when a new feature is brought up for discussion.
This sort of intentional misrepresentation of my points would bother me if I thought there were anybody left in RF who still takes you seriously.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
This sort of intentional misrepresentation of my points would bother me if I thought there were anybody left in RF who still takes you seriously.

It's not intentional misrepresentation. And I'm confident there are people here who take me seriously. I just received a couple of compliments from a new member. And I regularly receive positive reactions to my posts here.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I voted "no" in the poll because I think that the anonymous journal has too much potential to turn into a trolling, or other negative situation. It also encourages cliques with its "who can respond" feature.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

No good deed goes unpunished.

It's unfortunate that your willingness to help the members of this forum has resulted in you having to repeatedly defend yourself in this thread.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@dybmh whatever. Anything more you want to say about the topic?

Sure. Question: is it possible to restrict the anom-journal to be only viewable/browsable by members? Not viewable by guests? Maybe at the forum level? A forum permission? Assuming that the anom-journals will be in a designated sub-forum somewhere seperate from the other journals.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
No good deed goes unpunished.

It's unfortunate that your willingness to help the members of this forum has resulted in you having to repeatedly defend yourself in this thread.

Defend? Nothing has been said about @Quagmire. It's just a simple true fact that people are being ridiculed for sharing their thoughts.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure. Question: is it possible to restrict the anom-journal to be only viewable/browsable by members? Not viewable by guest
Maybe at the forum level? A forum permission? Assuming that the anom-journals will be in a sub-forum somewhere.

Sure. Question: is it possible to restrict the anom-journal to be only viewable/browsable by members? Not viewable by guests?

Possibly. I'm checking on that right now.
Maybe at the forum level? A forum permission? Assuming that the anom-journals will be in a sub-forum somewhere.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
One way to do that would be to put the anonymous journals in one of the private forums. Survivors would probably be the best fit.

That would be ideal, imo. If that's the plan, I will happily change my vote to yes. And possibly anyone else who is concerned, right or wrong, about trolling might change their vote as well.

I think it would be virtually impossible to troll from the private forums.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
@Quagmire ,

I see you editted your post. The private-forum isn't a good idea?
I had to double check to make sure nothing had changed since the 'upgrade'.

Anyway, it looks like putting the journals in a private forum would work.

Ideally we would be able to give the anonymous journals its own private forum and restricted to members who've been here for a while but I'm not sure how doable that is now.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
@Quagmire ,

I see you editted your post. The private-forum isn't a good idea?
I wanted to double check to make sure nothing had changed since the 'upgrade'.

Ideally we would be able to give the anonymous journals its own private forum and restricted to members who've been here for a while but I'm not sure how doable that is now.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I had to double check to make sure nothing had changed since the 'upgrade'.

I'll watch the thread for updates. Looking at the current count, not sure my vote matters, but, I'll certainly change it to a yes, if this is the plan.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll watch the thread for updates. Looking at the current count, not sure my vote matters, but, I'll certainly change it to a yes, if this is the plan.
Putting it in Survivors would probably work just as well.

People don't usually ask for access to any of the private forums until they've been here for a while.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Defend? Nothing has been said about @Quagmire. It's just a simple true fact that people are being ridiculed for sharing their thoughts.

Yes, defend. @Quagmire has repeatedly explained how this should work during the course of this thread, but whatever he says appears to go in one ear and out the other. It seems to be arguing just for the sake of arguing. To be honest, I don't blame him for getting irritated about the persistent questions.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Yes, defend. @Quagmire has repeatedly explained how this should work during the course of this thread, but whatever he says appears to go in one ear and out the other. It seems to be arguing just for the sake of arguing. To be honest, I don't blame him for getting irritated about the persistent questions.

There wasn't any misunderstanding about how it would work for me. I understood it perfectly and demonstrated that several times. And since there were no comments made about @Quagmire, there's nothing to defend. There's no reason to get defensive, if that's what you were observing.

Maybe you would have a point if I was the only one who was ridiculed for sharing their thoughts, because, then it would be only me and my comments.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Putting it in Survivors would probably work just as well.

People don't usually ask for access to any of the private forums until they've been here for a while.

Are you saying that's the official plan? That's what I'm voting on?

Yes = "anom-users can be requested, and restricted to a specific thread in Survivors, the private forum"?