• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal Jesus

Earthling

David Henson
What do you think about being able to listen to a song on YouTube for free? Back in the day we could hear a song for free on the radio, but the radio tended to play the same songs over and over again. The same Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, and Eagles songs. You didn't get the variety, the availability of YouTube and with YouTube you don't have to wait for an hour for the song to come around again.

Everyone made tapes back then. They would record songs or even entire albums and give them out to their friends so they wouldn't have to buy it. You could buy a tape or record at a yard sale or discount club. Every artist started out by doing gigs where they played mostly cover tunes, and they weren't paying royalties on those tunes I can tell you.

But back then artists had it harder than we could have imagined. They were more or less working for the company store. The record company loaned the bands they signed with a million dollars to make an album. After the expensive studio time, paying managers etc. they would end up, typically, with about 40 thousand dollars to live on for the year. They could make their money in concert sales, and later, merchandise.

I don't know what it is about this song that makes everyone want to cover it, but I think it must be one of the most covered songs in the history of popular music. Everyone seems to want their own personal Jesus.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think greed ruins everything it touches. And I think that's especially obvious with art, because art does not easily lend itself to commodification.

So being an artist in a culture that is so obsessed with money as its ONLY measure of value is going to be a "tough row to hoe", as the say. Which to my way of thinking makes artists and their works all the more purposeful and valuable. But that's not the mindset of the culture they live in. So all I can say is God bless them, and keep them, because their society sure isn't going to.

Personal Jesus. This song is really interesting. The lead singer David Gahan, now 56 years old.

Gahan has lived in New York City since 1997.[30] He lives with his third wife, Jennifer Sklias, their daughter, and Jennifer's son from a previous relationship, whom Gahan officially adopted in 2010.[31] Gahan is a convert to the Greek Orthodox Church.

Gahan also has one biological son named Jack, from his first marriage to Joanne Fox. Gahan's marriage to his second wife, Teresa Conroy, a former Depeche Mode publicist, lasted four years

Gahan is a recovering heroin addict. He has survived four brushes with death, living up to the nickname "The Cat", which paramedics gave him during his roughest years in Los Angeles.

Party...

Gahan was born as David Callcott on 9 May 1962 into a working-class family, to parents Len Callcott (a bus driver) of Indian Malaysian descent and his wife Sylvia (a conductress or "clippy" on London buses), Dave was only six months old when his father left the family. Sylvia and Len divorced two years later and his mother moved Dave and sister Sue (born 1960) to Basildon, Essex, after Sylvia met and married her second husband Jack Gahan (an administrator with Shell Oil). The Gahan family continued to grow with the birth of two more half-brothers Peter (born 1966) and Phil (born 1968). Dave and Sue were raised under the impression that their mother's second husband, Jack, was their natural father

Dave Gahan - Wikipedia

From 'little angel' to :

bf5ea0db303ed58ed37a96f2df3d33f1.JPG

I want to say JFK Jr but I really don't think so.

$_72.JPG

Maybe more Pierre Omidyar:

KQM6.jpg

He is the founder of eBay where he served as chairman from 1998 to 2015.[2] He became a billionaire at the age of 31 with eBay's 1998 initial public offering (IPO).[1] Omidyar and his wife Pamela are well-known philanthropists who founded Omidyar Network in 2004 in order to expand their efforts beyond non-profits to include for-profits and public policy.

Since 2010, Omidyar has been involved in online journalism as the head of investigative reporting and public affairs news service Honolulu Civil Beat.[3] In 2013, he announced that he would create and finance First Look Media, a journalism venture to include Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, and Jeremy Scahill

Net worth

US$10.5 billion (August 2018

Pierre Omidyar - Wikipedia

I will never understand why The Kennedy Family did not put pants on little JFK Jr.

Toddler-JFK-Jr.-Saluted-His-Fathers-Casket-758x395.jpg

Economy of Iran

Economy of Iran - Wikipedia

GDP per capita
$19,050 (2017, PPP),
$5,383 (2017, Nominal)

United States of America/GDP per capita

$59,531.66 USD (2017)

10.5 billion and 19,050 GDP PPP is:
551,181.1 individuals.

Which is more 'people' than Brunei.

And a little under the population of the State of Wyoming.

But not combined... independently.

This is another example of a person losing identity with race and lineage...

Omidyar was born in Paris, the son of Iranian parents who migrated to France for higher education.

Although he might be fully 'Iranian', the 'Iranians' might think he might be fully 'French'.

For some reason, $$$ puts 'stars' in place for pupils in eyes.. Some 5 pointed, others 6.

The regularly drawn star, of the Flags as well as any other 'star' related depiction usually has 5. The Star of David has 6.

5 pointed: Freedom, Glory, Fame, sometimes the Pentagram.. For the 6 starred. They look to The LORD God (J)esus Christ of Y'srael, hoping for 5 starred eyes.

'pure as New York snow'....

IMG_7376.JPG

https://cdni.rt.com/files/news/33/8a/b0/00/10.si.jpg

WHAT’S TO BLAME FOR DIRTY SNOW?

The cleanest samples they collected were from northern Canada, with overall levels of black carbon, or soot, similar to that of Arctic snowpack.

The Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain states had levels slightly higher.

What's to blame for dirty snow? - Futurity

13_Oct-polar-bears-5029.jpg

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One of my fave DM songs from one of my fave DM albums (Violator and Black Celebration are my faves). :thumbsup:

I'm all for having almost the entire Western popular music library of the past century and more at our fingertips. It's exciting. I prefer Spotify for streaming, though. YouTube Music was a mess when I tried it, but it has potential.

Earthling

David Henson
Personal Jesus. This song is really interesting. The lead singer David Gahan, now 56 years old.

Gahan has lived in New York City since 1997.[30] He lives with his third wife, Jennifer Sklias, their daughter, and Jennifer's son from a previous relationship, whom Gahan officially adopted in 2010.[31] Gahan is a convert to the Greek Orthodox Church.

Gahan also has one biological son named Jack, from his first marriage to Joanne Fox. Gahan's marriage to his second wife, Teresa Conroy, a former Depeche Mode publicist, lasted four years

Gahan is a recovering heroin addict. He has survived four brushes with death, living up to the nickname "The Cat", which paramedics gave him during his roughest years in Los Angeles.

Party...

Gahan was born as David Callcott on 9 May 1962 into a working-class family, to parents Len Callcott (a bus driver) of Indian Malaysian descent and his wife Sylvia (a conductress or "clippy" on London buses), Dave was only six months old when his father left the family. Sylvia and Len divorced two years later and his mother moved Dave and sister Sue (born 1960) to Basildon, Essex, after Sylvia met and married her second husband Jack Gahan (an administrator with Shell Oil). The Gahan family continued to grow with the birth of two more half-brothers Peter (born 1966) and Phil (born 1968). Dave and Sue were raised under the impression that their mother's second husband, Jack, was their natural father

Dave Gahan - Wikipedia

From 'little angel' to :

bf5ea0db303ed58ed37a96f2df3d33f1.JPG

I want to say JFK Jr but I really don't think so.

$_72.JPG

Maybe more Pierre Omidyar:

KQM6.jpg

He is the founder of eBay where he served as chairman from 1998 to 2015.[2] He became a billionaire at the age of 31 with eBay's 1998 initial public offering (IPO).[1] Omidyar and his wife Pamela are well-known philanthropists who founded Omidyar Network in 2004 in order to expand their efforts beyond non-profits to include for-profits and public policy.

Since 2010, Omidyar has been involved in online journalism as the head of investigative reporting and public affairs news service Honolulu Civil Beat.[3] In 2013, he announced that he would create and finance First Look Media, a journalism venture to include Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, and Jeremy Scahill

Net worth

US$10.5 billion (August 2018

I will never understand why The Kennedy Family did not put pants on little JFK Jr.

Toddler-JFK-Jr.-Saluted-His-Fathers-Casket-758x395.jpg

Economy of Iran

Economy of Iran - Wikipedia

GDP per capita
$19,050 (2017, PPP),
$5,383 (2017, Nominal)

United States of America/GDP per capita

$59,531.66 USD (2017)

10.5 billion and 19,050 GDP PPP is:
551,181.1 individuals.

Which is more 'people' than Brunei.

And a little under the population of the State of Wyoming.

But not combined... independently.

This is another example of a person losing identity with race and lineage...

Omidyar was born in Paris, the son of Iranian parents who migrated to France for higher education.

Although he might be fully 'Iranian', the 'Iranians' might think he might be fully 'French'.

For some reason, $$$ puts 'stars' in place for pupils in eyes.. Some 5 pointed, others 6.

The regularly drawn star, of the Flags as well as any other 'star' related depiction usually has 5. The Star of David has 6.

5 pointed: Freedom, Glory, Fame, sometimes the Pentagram.. For the 6 starred. They look to The LORD God (J)esus Christ of Y'srael, hoping for 5 starred eyes.

'pure as New York snow'....

IMG_7376.JPG

https://cdni.rt.com/files/news/33/8a/b0/00/10.si.jpg

WHAT’S TO BLAME FOR DIRTY SNOW?

The cleanest samples they collected were from northern Canada, with overall levels of black carbon, or soot, similar to that of Arctic snowpack.

The Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain states had levels slightly higher.

What's to blame for dirty snow? - Futurity

13_Oct-polar-bears-5029.jpg

Alright, then . . .