• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People reverting to Islam in Texas

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I live right next to the UNT campus! *smiles* GO MEAN GREEN!

I've never seen muslims where i live though...

(we're not all this stupid, i promise!)

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Reverting? That's not exactly a positive word.

Could someone explain the video for me? I try to adviod video links.

Zephyr

Moved on
FeathersinHair said:
Reverting? *confused* Is it possible to have meant 'converting'?
Insert something about Islam being the religion everyone is born with before converting to whatever here.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
The video is talking about the fact that Islam is growing in popularity. The thing is that Texas is known for having the down home, good ol' boy, Christian, gun-slinging attitude about it. They're discussing the problems with becoming Muslim in a mainly Christian atmosphere. There are several people on the show who have become muslim and talk about their conversion and how it's effected the way they view life, how strict they are with it, and why they love it more than Christianity. Not to mention trying to convert others!

It's not a bad thing. There is one REALLY stupid lady who says, "What is a muslim?" *shakes head* it saddens me that I live around ignorance like that... but oh well, we dont choose where we're born...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Zephyr said:
the religion everyone is born with before converting to whatever here.
True.

This Hadith states that Allah has created man a Muslim by nature and only his parents lead him to continue on the straight path or to be a Jew or a Christian or none. A sound Hadith states: " Every child is born a Muslim; it is his parents who make him into a Jew, Christian and Magian."

This, in turn, leads us to say that those who deny the above stated fact are in fact experiencing a very bad psychological conflict between good and bad, true nature and false claim, Iman and caprice.

This Hadith opens the door of repentance widely for all human beings since whoever seeks Allah's pardon with sincere intention and genuine resolution, He will be very pleased to forgive and pardon him/her.

Allah, the Great and Almighty, loves that His servants obey Him, adhere to His orders and avoid prohibitions. That is why He has granted them freedom and reason, and He will hold them responsible for their deeds, be they good or bad.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=36096

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That is accurate Islamic dogma, The Truth. Well said.

The problem with the whole Islamic miracle boils down to one thing and one thing only.
You either believe Muhammed or you do not. There is no other earthly source for Islam other than the mouth of Muhammed.

Belief in Islam is secondary. It is more a case of submitting to the version of events given by Muhammed and accepting them at face value... or not.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dear YmirGF,

I didn't get what you mean by saying: There is no other earthly source for Islam other than the mouth of Muhammed.

Prophet Mohammed is the one whom God chose to deliver the law of Islam and the word of Quran through him.

How is that the belief of Islam is secondary and what makes you say so and what is the bad thing you think prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" said or did?

Thank you .. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The Truth said:
Dear YmirGF,

I didn't get what you mean by saying: There is no other earthly source for Islam other than the mouth of Muhammed.

Prophet Mohammed is the one whom God chose to deliver the law of Islam and the word of Quran through him.

How is that the belief of Islam is secondary and what makes you say so and what is the bad thing you think prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" said or did?

Thank you .. :)
What I am trying to say The Truth, is that the "details" of Islam itself are of secondary importance. Since everything came from the mouth of Muhammed, it is clearly a case of if you believe in what Muhammed said. The answer should be crystal clear, yes or no.

If you say the answer is yes, he was speaking the truth... then it is time to revert to Islam and move on with ones life... and get back to into Allah's good graces.

If you say the answer is no, then the whole Islamic philosophy just sort of evaporates into the unreasonable delusion of a madman.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
YmirGF said:
What I am trying to say The Truth, is that the "details" of Islam itself are of secondary importance. Since everything came from the mouth of Muhammed, it is clearly a case of if you believe in what Muhammed said. The answer should be crystal clear, yes or no.

If you say the answer is yes, he was speaking the truth... then it is time to revert to Islam and move on with ones life... and get back to into Allah's good graces.
Amen ... :shout

Flappycat

The Truth and other Muslims on the forum. Might I suggest to you and your fellows that, if every child is supposedly "born a Muslim," should not the Muslim leaders look upon peoples of other nations and cultures as next of kin rather than someone with which to be in opposition? If Islam really is the one, true religion, shouldn't your clerics encourage stripping away the trappings of artificiality and staying true to one's inherent nature? If I were to go purely based on what you said at the beginning of this thread, I would think that the Muslims would be the biggest hippies on the face of the planet.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Flappycat said:
The Truth and other Muslims on the forum. Might I suggest to you and your fellows that, if every child is supposedly "born a Muslim," should not the Muslim leaders look upon peoples of other nations and cultures as next of kin rather than someone with which to be in opposition? If Islam really is the one, true religion, shouldn't your clerics encourage stripping away the trappings of artificiality and staying true to one's inherent nature? If I were to go purely based on what you said at the beginning of this thread, I would think that the Muslims would be the biggest hippies on the face of the planet.
Dear flappycat,

This is my mistake because of my poor english using a poor translation version of hadith.

Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" never claim that the child born as a muslim but in arabic it's "Fitrah" (help me any translator? :bonk: )which i found out it means in english almost "if i'm not mistaken again" primitive which we believe it's is monotheism like if a person like "Tarzan" :D for example wasn't affected by any sort of religion or any tradition we believe that he will believe in monotheism by his own well.

I hope i explained it well for you this time, if not please reply to me.

Thanks,

Peace ... :)