• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pedophilia

Me Myself

Back to my username
no, i have a 12 year old daughter and she is no adult thankyou very much.

Children are children, they can easily be manipulated for that very reason. Turning 12 does not make you an adult.

But it does make you cease to be a child.

Again, any quote othe bible about the time in which someone is considered an adult?

Because a 12 year old was marriage age for ancient times, including a lot of charcters from the bible and everywhere honestly. So if god thought that was so inadmisible it would have been nice of him to say "it ceases to be a child at year 18" or something.

Seems like he was okay with people just having sex the age they felt attracted to each Other.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But it does make you cease to be a child.

Again, any quote othe bible about the time in which someone is considered an adult?

yes there is.
Isreals able-bodied males 20 years old and upward were conscripted for military service....which shows that anyone under that age was considered too young for military service, why? Because they were still considered to be 'minor's as opposed to 'men'
Numbers 1:45 And all those registered of the sons of Israel according to the house of their fathers from twenty years old upward, everyone going out to the army in Israel, came to be
And those males who were to be teachers in Isreal had to be even older then that before they could serve in such capacity:
1Chronicles 23:3 Accordingly the Levites were numbered from the age of thirty years upward; and their number, head by head of them, able-bodied man by able-bodied man, came to be thirty-eight thousand.

Because a 12 year old was marriage age for ancient times, including a lot of charcters from the bible and everywhere honestly. So if god thought that was so inadmisible it would have been nice of him to say "it ceases to be a child at year 18" or something.

Seems like he was okay with people just having sex the age they felt attracted to each Other.

people will do as they please regardless of what Gods view of it is...mankind have shown complete disregard for Gods law so would it make any difference if he did try to put an age limit on marriagable age? No, i doubt it.

When God created Eve, she was a fully developed adult....she wasnt a little girl still developing.

Me Myself

Back to my username
yes there is.
Isreals able-bodied males 20 years old and upward were conscripted for military service....which shows that anyone under that age was considered too young for military service, why? Because they were still considered to be 'minor's as opposed to 'men'
Numbers 1:45 And all those registered of the sons of Israel according to the house of their fathers from twenty years old upward, everyone going out to the army in Israel, came to be
And those males who were to be teachers in Isreal had to be even older then that before they could serve in such capacity:
1Chronicles 23:3 Accordingly the Levites were numbered from the age of thirty years upward; and their number, head by head of them, able-bodied man by able-bodied man, came to be thirty-eight thousand.

people will do as they please regardless of what Gods view of it is...mankind have shown complete disregard for Gods law so would it make any difference if he did try to put an age limit on marriagable age? No, i doubt it.

When God created Eve, she was a fully developed adult....she wasnt a little girl still developing.

That was with men, but at what age qere women considered women?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Wait a second.... Bar mitzbahs are at age 13 for males and12 for females?

Since this age they were considered responsible of their own ctions, instead of considering their parents responsible. Its is also an age in which you calegally marry.

So yeah, sorry but no.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Those numbers seem random and arbitrary, particularly curious is the discrepancy between sexes. It also worth noting that individuals mature and develop physically, mentally and emotionally at different rates. It's not something that happens at the strike of midnight.

I, for example, developed somewhat slowly. I've seen 25 winters, but am only recently becoming a real adult in terms of maturity and responsibility.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Wait a second.... Bar mitzbahs are at age 13 for males and12 for females?

Since this age they were considered responsible of their own ctions, instead of considering their parents responsible. Its is also an age in which you calegally marry.

So yeah, sorry but no.

barmitzvah is a jewish tradition... .its not based on the bible or Gods view, its simply a cultural tradition invented by people.

Me Myself

Back to my username
:facepalm: speechless!

Good thing it takes writting.

barmitzvah is a jewish tradition... .its not based on the bible or Gods view, its simply a cultural tradition invented by people.

Well, Jesus denounced the stuff he didnt like. Why didnt he denounce people around 13 years old getting married and having sex if he was against it?

Rakhel

This is what the Talmud called an adult woman
BOGERETH A girl from the age of twelve and a half years plus one day onwards.
Soncino Talmud: Glossary

The basic rule was any child was a child until they grew two pubic hairs. At this point they were considered an adult and was able to take on the mitzvot

Me Myself

Back to my username
Those numbers seem random and arbitrary, particularly curious is the discrepancy between sexes. It also worth noting that individuals mature and develop physically, mentally and emotionally at different rates. It's not something that happens at the strike of midnight.

Agreed, I tried to make it chronological, but in general I would go by looks and personality. I wuodnt call pedophile to someone who is having sex with a13 yeard old that grew her own boobs.

Neither I would call pedophile a person who has sex with a thirty something years old that never really matured.

Not that I promote in any way going against the laws of wherever you people live. The way I see it though, they are just laws.

Rakhel

But I also need to remind people to read what Levite said about Jews following the law of the land.

Levite

Higher and Higher
It might be worth noting that back in the day when bar mitzvah age really meant a legal majority, and people were getting married not too much after that age, it was more or less universal custom in the entire world to marry that young: no one knew any better. And people were often much less long-lived, due to inadequate nutrition, primitive rudimentary medical care, lack of antibiotics, and far higher frequency of misadventure, so it made sense to get married younger.

As the world evolved, and changing ethics and lifestyles permitted the flourishing of childhood past puberty, so did attitudes about marriage in Jewish Law. No one has been marrying kids of bar mitzvah age for centuries, and today bar/bat mitzvahs are understood as purely ritual majority, for sacramental duties but not for everyday legal purposes.

This is why Jewish Law was designed to evolve, and Torah was designed to be interpreted and reinterpreted: because human understanding and human society evolves, and requires re-examination and new ways of looking at things, in order to keep the process of ethical and moral growth moving forward.

But it is flat-out egregious to suggest that Torah or Jewish Law supports pedophelia. That is simply not the case: such an interpretation of Torah is wholly contradictory to the Jewish sociolegal ethos.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It depends on how you define "child" as I have said.

A 12 year old is not really a child any more, in my eyes. It might depend on the specific person though, but in general.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Furthermore, for it to be called pedophilia, it most be sex with PREpubecent humans. I other words actual children. That is by osychology at least.

Now if law has decided it is below 18, that is according to LAW and it is ridiculous to qualify it as sexual. At least for most people, a number is not sexual. If she looks like a woman, that is sexual.

I assume Adam found Eve to be sexy since day one, this because she looked like a woman, even thugh she was not evea one year old.

When it comes to bilogical maturity, you can only be sure. X raying the erson to look at some bones fusing together. Now dont tell me thats turning people on. :p

So no, jewwish law and most ancient world was not at all pro pedophilia because they found women and men sexy as they hit puberty, and generaly, the more "developed" they look, the better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
This is what the Talmud called an adult woman
BOGERETH A girl from the age of twelve and a half years plus one day onwards.
Soncino Talmud: Glossary

The basic rule was any child was a child until they grew two pubic hairs. At this point they were considered an adult and was able to take on the mitzvot

when a tree first begins to produce its fruit, is that the best time to pick the fruit?

Im sure every person prefers their fruits AFTER they have ripened.

Me Myself

Back to my username
when a tree first begins to produce its fruit, is that the best time to pick the fruit?

We are talking about sex. The "fruit" is not consumed in is case. Not at all.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
We are talking about sex. The "fruit" is not consumed in is case. Not at all.

if you would not eat unripe fruits from a tree, why would you condone a young boy or girl to participate in sexual acts before they are are ready for it?

the appearance of a few pubic hairs, or the beginning of menstruation does not constitute a fully developed adult. There is also emotional and mental maturity that needs to take place before a young person is ready for many things in life....sex should be the last thing they have to deal with.

Rakhel

So now the attack? Come on, Pegg.
I was answering a question Me Myself had asked that you could not answer.