• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pedophilia

F0uad

It depends on the place and year. There are in some parts of the Arabic world were woman at the age of 12-16 marry. This was not uncommon 300-400 years ago in Europe itself heck i am pretty sure most of the people here who are from Europe would have grand-grand-grand-grand mothers who were around that age.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I hope you don't live in my neighbourhood.

Bad enough we have to share a planet.

I follow the rules of the land anyways.

I ve seen 13 years old that look like 22 and 22s that look 13 years old.

I am not turned on by numbers, but by bodies :shrug:

Me Myself

Back to my username
It depends on the place and year. There are in some parts of the Arabic world were woman at the age of 12-16 marry. This was not uncommon 300-400 years ago in Europe itself heck i am pretty sure most of the people here who are from Europe would have grand-grand-grand-grand mothers who were around that age.

My grand grand mother married at 14- 12. She is around 90-100 years old.

She misses her husband a lot :(

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So now the attack? Come on, Pegg.
I was answering a question Me Myself had asked that you could not answer.

its not an attack, its just a way to illustrate that the appearance of a few hairs does not constitute a person who is ready to engage in sexual activity anymore then the appearance of fruit on a tree means its edible.

Me Myself

Back to my username
its not an attack, its just a way to illustrate that the appearance of a few hairs does not constitute a person who is ready to engage in sexual activity anymore then the appearance of fruit on a tree means its edible.

No, but the person WANTING to engage in such an activity and having a reasonable understanding of the effects and risks and being able to tackle the matte rin a responsible way does.

Many teens fulfill this qualifications. Most dont of course. Then again, a lot of adults dont either.

Rakhel

And I said "The rule WAS..." not "IS"

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
No, but the person WANTING to engage in such an activity and having a reasonable understanding of the effects and risks and being able to tackle the matte rin a responsible way does.

Many teens fulfill this qualifications. Most dont of course. Then again, a lot of adults dont either.

pedophiles have to 'groom' children to have sex.... why do you think that is?

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
So what do you call a 30 something man that has sex with his 13 year old daughter? Is she old enough to consent? Hell no she isn't! That's what I call a pedophile. I dated a woman once who told me the story of her husband who had sex with his 13 YO daughter. She called him a sex maniac, not a pedophile. How messed up is that?

Rakhel

So what do you call a 30 something man that has sex with his 13 year old daughter? Is she old enough to consent? Hell no she isn't! That's what I call a pedophile. I dated a woman once who told me the story of her husband who had sex with his 13 YO daughter. She called him a sex maniac, not a pedophile. How messed up is that?
I would call that incest.

But then, I suppose, that's just splitting hairs

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Truly messed up. That's statutory rape.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It depends on how you define "child" as I have said.

A 12 year old is not really a child any more, in my eyes. It might depend on the specific person though, but in general.

My eleven year old will still, very much be a child at twelve. In general, twelve year olds are developing children.

sumaidi

ashabul yamin
my understanding that pedophilia as a person having sex with the prepubescent. no age limitation. generally, girls has her menstruation in about 12 years, boy gets his wet dream on about 15 years old. human are ready mentally and hormonal as they get menstruation or wet dream. i think it no problem to marry with 12 years old if they mentally and hormonal ready enough to marry.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
my understanding that pedophilia as a person having sex with the prepubescent. no age limitation. generally, girls has her menstruation in about 12 years, boy gets his wet dream on about 15 years old. human are ready mentally and hormonal as they get menstruation or wet dream. i think it no problem to marry with 12 years old if they mentally and hormonal ready enough to marry.
you honestly think that males at the age of 15 and females at the age of 12 are mentally ready for sex?

McBell

my point is on menstruation and wet dream, not about age. commonly, females at 12 and males at 15 years old.
i think.
There is a difference between the body being ready for sex and being mentally ready for sex.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It depends on how you define "child" as I have said.

A 12 year old is not really a child any more, in my eyes. It might depend on the specific person though, but in general.

That's rather wacky. A 13 year old is far from having an adult level of maturity, and while they may have hit puberty, they are still growing and developing. Also, they're still dependent upon a guardian. So, yeah, still children.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There is a difference between the body being ready for sex and being mentally ready for sex.

Exactly. I doubt that these people would let their 13 year old be accosted by men seeking sex, as if these kids could make rational, responsible, informed decisions and resist coercion on their own. Nor would these people suggest that 13, 14, 16, etc. year old kids would make competent, responsible parents.

Last edited:

McBell

Exactly. I doubt that these people would let their 13 year old be accosted by men seeking sex, as if these kids could make rational, responsible informed decisions and resist coercion on their own. Nor would these people suggest that 13, 14, 16, etc. year old kids would make competent, responsible parents.
I would be interested in knowing how many of those in this thread who claim that 12-15 is the end of child hood have children at least 12-15 years old....